Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Last Alliance (Chapter 1) *Please Comment*
PostPosted: December 31st, 2006, 10:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Here is the first part of my book named "The Last Alliance", please dont steal!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1: Prologue

Aethriel sat next to the handcrafted cradle, as the sun peaked over the mountain. As soon as the infant inside was asleep, she quietly left the room. The sun sparkled as it reflected off the marble house, as Aethriel pondered over the city of Oriendell. Oriendell was a quaint settlement hidden within the Amon Hen forest, near the falls of Rauros, part of the great Anduin River. Oriendell, home to elves, was one of the very last High Elven settlements left in Middle Earth. Although it was one of the very last settlements for High Elves, no High eves remained, save Aethriel and her lover, the ruler and lord of Oriendell. As Aethriel walked into the outside, she was mesmerized to see, next to the glimmering stream, the first signs of spring. Two white flowers poked up out of the ground, as the ice on the stream crumbled. As she approached the stream, Aethriel heard the cries of children, yelling for her. With great speed, she quickly ran to the source of the cries. There laid three children, huddled together against a tall tree in the forest, afraid of something or another. She walked over and held them in her arms as their cries began to soften.

“What is the matter young ones?” Aethriel said as she felt their heart beats pacing. “What scared you so?”

Silence filled the air as she began to sense an evil presence. The bushes around began to shake as the cries of lost souls could be heard in the air. Suddenly, a colossal creature jumped out of the bushes. It was an orc of Mordor, a servant of the Dark Lord Sauron. The children, petrified of the terrifying creature, retreated behind Aethriel as the she quickly unsheathed her blade. The blade that Aethriel wielded had a curved look, with a handle that formed around the hand. In the center of the aerodynamic weapon, there inscribed was an inscription in elvish, forged from her father. The orc gave a ghastly roar and charged at the elf maiden. Before he could even get close to her, another being swiftly flew out of the woods and slaughtered the beast.

“I could have taken care of him, my love” Aethriel said as she sheathed her sword.

Without warning, this man quickly ran up to Aethriel and embraced her in his arms. Secretly, she smiled as she felt his warm embrace and warm breath lay upon her.

“I was worried about you” the elf man said as he pulled the look ends of his brown hair back to a orderly position. “But let us go back and lay next to our child. I long to see him.”

Together, they walked up the steep climb and entered through the gateway, although not really a gateway, into the city. As they neared the door to the house where the baby slept, a faint voice was heard in the distance.

“Gil-Galad, my King, I must have a word with you at once.” said the elf warrior. This warrior wore a golden chest plate with intricate designs on it, along with a very narrow sword in his left hand.

With great speed, Gil-Galad and the elf warrior left, leaving behind Aethriel with the baby. Gently, she picked up the infant and held it close to her chest. Her heart beat calmly sand the infant into a deep sleep once again. She then, with the infant, walked outside to see the twilight moon, next to the Spring of Healing. As she headed out of the city, she saw the face of her husband, Gil-Galad, waiting for her next to the stream.

“I’m sorry it took so long my love,” Gil-Galad said as he embraced his wife. “It was rather important, but let us sit down with our son and look at the moon.

Side by side they walked together until they reached the Stream of Healing. Once they found the perfect spot, they sat arm in arm, with the child in the middle. The forest was filled with the sound of crickets and frogs. Aethriel laid her golden head upon the torso of Gil-Galad as she hummed a relaxing sigh.

“You know,” Gil-Galad said as Aethriel looked at him “we still have yet chosen a name for the little one.”

“We haven’t?” Aethriel said with a perplexed look on her face. “Well….what should we name him?”

Both looked at each other, hoping that the other would know. After a few awkward moments of silence, they began to laugh as the child awoke. Aethriel and Gil-Galad looked into the eyes of their baby boy. This child had the most beautiful gray eyes either of them has ever seen, and it seemed to glimmer underneath the shadows of the moon.

“I know what we should call him!” Aethriel said as Gil-Galad’s attention was elsewhere. Outside the reach of his yes, he sensed the same danger as before only this time, there were more of them. Quickly he drew his sword out, since his usual weapon was left behind in the city. Aethriel too unsheathed her sword and ran next to her him.

“Where are they coming from” Aethriel asked as she held the infant in hand.

“They are coming from all sides of us. Quick get our child out of here.” Gil-Galad shouted as the baby began to cry. “Go, take the horse and leave!”

Swiftly, Aethriel mounted on her horse as the orcs appeared out of the shadows. Gil-Galad began his assault as two other orcs appeared before the house. Rapidly, Aethriel leaped off the angered beast and drew out her sword, as the child continued to cry. She slaughtered every foe that came toward her. Hurried, Gil-Galad jumped to her side, joining in her barrage of kills. Out of the deep shadows of night, a quick but filled the air. As Gil-Galad deflected it, his attention went to the ground where he saw a pool of blood, soaking into the dry dirt. Changing his attention to his wife, he noticed her on the ground, screaming in agony as she held the baby in one arm, and controlled the bleeding in the other. Gil-Galad, full of rage, rushed up to his wife, killing any that got in his way. Aethriel, full of tears, held the baby along with tending to the wounds in her stomach. Then, she slowly passed the baby boy to Gil-Galad and took his hands in hers.
“My love! I don’t know how much longer I have” Aethriel said as she began to breath slower. “The name of our son, name him……Tel….tell….Telpeath.” Aethriel said as she fell silent within the forest as Gil-Galad gave a large yell.

Eyes filled with tears, Gil-Galad looked at the little baby boy in his hands.

“And that is what you will be named my son.” He said as she held the little one in the air. “You will be known as…Telpeath….”

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2007, 10:14 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

^BUMP^ Will anyone Comment?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2007, 10:25 pm 
Maia
Maia

Good job, is this a story about an RP character or the like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2007, 9:52 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Really asome story, I wish I could write that good!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2007, 1:33 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Thank you so much for looking it over!

^^, this is a story about Telpeath (a made up charactor), the son of Gil-Galad's position in the Last Alliance.

Profile       WWW