Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: War of the Kyn (Vampire RPG)+OPEN+
PostPosted: July 21st, 2007, 11:03 pm 
Ent
Ent

Story:

Vampires and handfuls of humans who know of the vampires' presence have been waging war for centuries. The humans are in a cult, bent on destroying what they perceive to be the ultimate evil and demonspawn - the vampires. They call themselves the Bretheren, and uses their belief that all vampires embody the ultimate evil to justify their methods. (which includes crucifying, imprisoning for elongated periods of time without human blood [vampires' only source of food], other methods of torturing -which usually involves instruments of copper, which burns vampires on prolonged contact, and killing vampires and their allies.)

But the Bretheren are many in numbers compared to the Kyn, formally the Darkyn, which is the title vampires refer to themselves by. The Bretheren stole the Darkyn's treasures of templar gold. The Darkyn are all former Templars. So their treasures combined are enough to rival any museum in the world.

But the Bretheren stole it, and the Kyn must get it back.
^That's the main objective btw

Bretheren Info:

The Bretheren all call each other brothers or sisters, and they are all bent on torturing and killing vampires, whom they regard as a dark stain on this perfect world they live in [AKA earth]. They are all spread out across the world, but their main headquarters is located in London. They know of the vampires' weakness- copper, and seek to use it against teh vampires. Their weapons are all either made of or contains copper. Copper clad bullets, copper chains, copper knives...etc. They are all obsessed and, to some degree, mad with fervor.

Darkyn/Kyn/Vampire Info:

The Darkyn do not conform to most speculations about vampires. They are not afraid of garlic, they are not affected by the cross, they are not affected by holy water, and they do not turn to stone in the sunlight. They still move about in daylight, but they are slightly weaker during the day, and they do not like brightness. Again, their sole weakness is copper.

Darkyn do not necessarily kill humans for blood. They can go without blood (their only source of food) for years. They can only drink blood, but if it was mixed with something else (like water or wine) then they can tolerate it.

The Darkyn are unusually beautiful, and they are much stronger than humans in terms of physical strength and endurance. Kyn also have heightened senses. All of their wounds heal on contact, although too much blood loss will require a human's blood (or another Kyn's blood) to replenish the vampire or else the vampire grows weaker weaker until his or her body eats himself or herself alive from the inside. When a Kyn suffers extensive injuries, their hearts stop beating for a couple of minutes, and then they start to heal.

Each Darkyn has a special talent and a scent of their own. Talents are unique to each individual, and mostly just affect humans, not their own kind. They can be from something simple to being able to immobolize humans on touch to being able to read the minds of killers when they think about killing. Scents are usually smells that humans think are nice, like rose or vanilla or lavender. All scents are irresistable to humans, and draws humans to them, which is a tool employed by Darkyn to attract humans, drink their blood, and they can use their scent and physical contact to comman the human to forget everythign about them. Scents can also be used to compel.

Characters:

Please make most of your characters either Kyn, human ally of Kin, or neutral human. There will be a few Bretheren, but those who wish to RP as Bretheren are required to have another character who is not Bretheren. This is mostly to avoid clash, but a few are needed

Talents: (choose one or make up your own, keep in mind you can be creative, but cannot be too powerful, like a blink kills somebody or somethign like that. Also keep in mind they're unique)

[s]Control/create all forms of fire[/s] -Vengeance
[s]Ability to force truth from a human[/s] -Amara
[s]Ability to force the reliving of human's worst memories. [/s] -Amoniel
[s]Ability to induce hallucinations [/s] -Caunion the Time Lord
[s]Can sense fear[/s] -Turwaithiel Swann
[s]Control forms of water (includes ice and vapor)[/s] -Eruraina
[s]Ability to kill by touch[/s] -Titania
[s]Ability to be invisible[/s] -The~Doctor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Immobolize humans for periods of time on touch
Control the earth
[s]Change and share human dreams[/s] -Elenya
Ability to demolish worked stone
Ability to subdue human memories (and lift them if you feel like it)
Ability to read minds of thoughts of murder
Ability to summon all bugs
Ability to attract any human female (and seduce them)

Most dangerous abilities (will be fighting for leadership [king is called Highlord])
Ability to compel actions or kill with sound of voice

Scents are also unique, and are plant scents or any other scent that smells good.

Time Period: Present Day
Place: Castle called Dundellan in Ireland, the story mainly takes place there, but the Kyn travel to other places as well.
Note: Vampires are all rich, so money is not a problem. Darkyn can also be female.

Last edited by Vengeance on July 23rd, 2007, 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 21st, 2007, 11:04 pm 
Ent
Ent

-I'm calling this spot also for a character list-
Need 3 Bretheren! (Only if you have another character)

Name:
Race (Kyn, human helping Kyn, neutral human, or enemy human who turns to the Kyn):
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Talent (Kyn only):
Scent (kyn only):
Weapons:
Other:

Characters:
red = enemy human who turns to the Kyn
normal color = Kyn
green = human who sides with Kyn
yellow = neutral human
blue = Bretheren

Vengeance
Name: Pyro
Race: Kyn
Appearance: bright green eyes, brown hair. 5'9. Wears suits preferably, but if not, just a semi-formal shirt with a tie and jeans.
Personality: Very formal. His Templar training has left him with the air of a gentleman. He never kills a human being if he can help it, just take some blood from them to quench his thirst every 2 or 3 months or so. But if anyone threatens other Kyn or the innocent he will be the first to defend them.
History: Being a Templar, he has the grace of a gentleman. He is very wise and gentle, and has the patience immortality grants. After dying of plague in the Crusades, he came out of his grave as one of the Kyn
Talent: Control/create fire
Scent: Evergreen -pine needles
Weapons: double edged lightsword, strap-on 10-in. claw on left hand
Other: When he fights, he mainly uses fire as a weapon, but if not his lightsword and claw would do the job. Being one who doesn't care to keep up with modern technology, Pyro has learned about the most necessary ones (like guns) just for self defense, but otherwise he prefers everything the old fashioned way.

[Amara]
Name: Alexandria
Appearance: http%3A//rose-smask.blogspirit.com/images/medium_victoria_frances_vampire_girl_poster.jpg
Personality: She's really sweet to people that she knows, but she is very hostile to strangers. She keeps up a wall that she won't allow anyone to get through, that leads straight to her emotions. Especially men she won't let through.
History: [It unravels later.]
Talent: Ability to force the truth from a human.
Scent: Warm Vanilla Sugar.
Weapons: A pair of Tonfa's.
Other: She's really good at Melee.

[Amoniel]
Name: Emmeline
Appearance: Long wavy blonde hair, grey eyes, pale skin
Personality: she is haughty to the extreme. She is quiet, distant, and reserved
History: Emmy faced many challenges in her lifetime. Her parents were abusive. She became a Kyn when she was 13 and quickly learned what she could do. She used her powers to drive her parents into insanity.
Talent: Can make people relive their worst memories
Scent: Roses
Weapons: two pistols, throwing knives
Other: Picture- http://brittany-snow.org/gallery/albums ... nice02.jpg

[Jack the Ripper]
Name: Jack
Race: enemy human who turns to the Kyn
Appearance: Dark-blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin. He wore a bedraggled torn from behind a brown jacket, a kind of fabric trousers that could be referred as old-fashioned. Have no shoes. Barefooted. He is a very handsome guy, can charm girls at first sight.
Personality: Attractive, not loyal, inobedient, greedy but helpful as well
History:
Weapons: Pistol
Other: No talent but is exceptionally adroit negotiator, can disappear(I mean from the scene not like vampires) at anytime he want when there is a cause of money, gold or other valuable things

Caunion the Time Lord
Name: David Carlisie
Appearance: Dark brown hair, green eyes, fair skin. A bit tall. Wears a long khaki overcoat over a maroon jumper. Black trousers
Personality: Witty and cheeky but can be ruthless and dangerous
History: David accidentally injected himself with a syringe that contained Kyn blood. Ever since, he has been Kyn.
Talent: Ability to induce hallucinations
Scent: Jasmine
Weapons: A pistol and a longsword, though he mainly uses his wit and hallucinations to win disputes and fights.
Other: Very acrobatic.

Turwaithiel Swann
Name: Aryth
Appearance: Long black hair, very tan skin and fair and beautiful, dark green silver eyes
Personality: Find out in RPG
History: She was normal during her time as a child, but at age nine, she went out into the woods, was bitten, and never came out to her old life again. She was pronounced dead three days later in the papers, but is really joined the race of Kyn's.
Talent: Can sense fear
Scent: Water-lilles
Weapons: A curved sword and two pistols, along with a couple daggers.
Other: Nope, none

Titania
Name: Bella
Race:Kyn
Appearance: long black hair,purplish-black eyes, tall skinny
Personality: mysterious,unknown,
History: none
Talent: Ability to kill by touch
Scent: Dragon's blood incense
Weapons: longsword, with a 9 caliber
Other: is the High Lord and the protector of the Kyn

Eruraina
Name: Aaron
Race: human helping Kyn
Appearance: tall, blonde, blue eyes
Personality: usually don't put this
History: I'll make it as I go along!
Weapons: three-barrel pistol(kinda like Vincent Valentine's from FFVII), sword
Other: pic... http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... cap679.jpg

~~~

Name: Johnorath
Age: looks to be in his 30s, but is really over 1000 years old
Appearance: regular height, long shaggy brown hair, brown eyes
Personality: don't usually put this...
History: make it as I go along...
Talent: control forms of water
Scent: Honeysuckle
Weapons: twin swords, throwing knives
Other: pic... http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... hoto-a.jpg

The~Doctor
Name: Thomas Raith
Age: Thomas's physical appearance makes him out to be around his late twentys, but he is really 785
Appearance: Slightly shy of six feet tall, Thomas is slim and looks like he is made out of whipcord and steel cable. His eyes are a thundercloud grey and he has shoulder length dark hair, which he sometimes ties up in a bandana but somehow always manages to make it look stylish. His clothes always flatter his body and he usually dresses to impress (or shock, which ever one is fine with him )
Personality: (Ummm.....I'll develop it as I go.)
History: He never, ever speaks of his past that is more than a hundred years ago, although some of the Kyn know it (most don't). Recently, he has become an exceptional scout/spy for the Kyn and his weapons are talored to suit those needs. One of the main things that is know about Thomas is he loves tinkering with human technology, espically all manner of weapons (he has a huge arsenal of firearms in a room in the castle, but would never consider using them unless the castle came under seige itself; then, he wouldn't hesitate (anyone can acess the room)). He his also a know martial arts lover and if you can't find him eating, sleeping, reading, tinkering with human tech, or playing the ocasional prank on someone; he'll be practicing different martial arts, as he has learned a few in his nearly 800 odd years on this earth.
Talent: Can turn invisible at will. (Which also turns the people or objects (weapons and the like) to go invisible with him, but as soon as they loose contact with him they become visible.) However, this ability does not take him out of phase with the rest of the world, he can still interact and leave traces (such as footprints). The easiest way to find Thomas and anyone else he has rendered invisible is using infrared goggles, as their body's still produce heat.
Scent: smell of the ocean
Weapons: He has a kuriki (inward-curved knife.), a combat knife in a sheath on his lower back, and four throwing daggers (one in each boot and one in a sheath on the bottom of either arm). He has two Beretta Px4 Storm SD’s (Special Duty). One is in a holster on his right hip but the other is concealed in a holster just below his combat knife on his back. Both have sound suppressors on them and three extra clips of .45 ACP pistol ammo. The one on his right hip also has a small flashlight attached to it courtesy of the Picatinny rail under the muzzle. Both have a three-dot, luminescent sight.
Other: He prefers to fight with either his kuriki/combat knives or throwing daggers as they are quieter and require more skill (and he's had longer to practice with them) than a firearm, but he does not hesitate to use a firearm if nessary.

Last edited by Vengeance on July 25th, 2007, 5:58 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 21st, 2007, 11:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

I will join this one, but I probably won't be able to get my bio up before I leave for camp. *points to siggy* When you all are ready, go ahead and start- I'll post my bio and join in when I get back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 21st, 2007, 11:13 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

I'll join! bio up soon!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 21st, 2007, 11:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

I'll join!

Name: Alexandria
Appearance: http://imagecache2.allposters.com/image ... osters.jpg
Personality: She's really sweet to people that she knows, but she is very hostile to strangers. She keeps up a wall that she won't allow anyone to get through, that leads straight to her emotions. Especially men she won't let through.
History: [It unravels later.]
Talent: Ability to force the truth from a human.
Scent: Warm Vanilla Sugar.
Weapons: A pair of Tonfa's.
Other: She's really good at Melee.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Last edited by Amara on July 25th, 2007, 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 21st, 2007, 11:52 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

I already joined, but I will get my bio up later! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 12:13 am 
Maia
Maia

I'll join and take the person who can make people relive their worst memories.

Name: Emmeline
Appearance: Long wavy blonde hair, grey eyes, pale skin
Personality: she is haughty to the extreme. She is quiet, distant, and reserved
History: Emmy faced many challenges in her lifetime. Her parents were abusive. She became a Kyn when she was 13 and quickly learned what she could do. She used her powers to drive her parents into insanity.
Talent: Can make people relive their worst memories
Scent: Roses
Weapons: two pistols, throwing knives
Other: Picture- http://brittany-snow.org/gallery/albums/Magazines/Venice/normal_Venice02.jpg

Hello, I'm Amoniel
[/font]
</center>

Last edited by Amoniel on July 25th, 2007, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 3:11 am 
Balrog
Balrog

I'm calling this spot also for a character list-

Name: Jack
Race: enemy human who turns to the Kyn
Appearance: Dark-blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin. He wore a bedraggled torn from behind a brown jacket, a kind of fabric trousers that could be referred as old-fashioned. Have no shoes. Barefooted. He is a very handsome guy, can charm girls at first sight.
Personality: Attractive, not loyal, inobedient, greedy but helpful as well
History:
Talent: No talent but is exceptionally adroit negotiator, can disappear(I mean from the scene not like vampires) at anytime he want when there is a cause of money, gold or other valuable things
Scent: ??? could not find one applicable to my chars's bio
Weapons: Pistol
Other: Nuthing special

Will be going to London on March of the 30th

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 9:20 am 
Elf
Elf

I'll join bio in a bit:

((but I want to reserve this talent))
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Talent: Ability to force the truth from a human
Scent:
Weapons:
Other:

[: ? # = $ ^ ~ +]

Normal is for Muggles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 10:30 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

How many characters are we allowed to have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 1:37 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I'll like to join.

Name: David Carlisie
Appearance: Dark brown hair, green eyes, fair skin. A bit tall. Wears a long khaki overcoat over a maroon jumper. Black trousers
Personality: Witty and cheeky but can be ruthless and dangerous
History: Had a normal childhood until he went into medical school. One of the patients he was treating was a Kyn and bit him in self-defense.
Talent: Ability to induce hallucinations
Scent: Jasmine
Weapons: A pistol and a longsword, though he mainly uses his wit and hallucinations to win disputes and fights.
Other: Very acrobatic.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 4:19 pm 

Here is my bio:

Name: Aryth
Appearance: Long black hair, very tan skin and fair and beautiful, dark green silver eyes
Personality: Find out in RPG
History: She was normal during her time as a child, but at age nine, she went out into the woods, was bitten, and never came out to her old life again. She was pronounced dead three days later in the papers, but is really joined the race of Kyn's.
Talent: Can sense fear
Scent: Water-lilles
Weapons: A curved sword and two pistols, along with a couple daggers.
Other: Nope, none

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 8:48 pm 
Elf
Elf

Talent: Ability to force the truth from a human
Scent: vanilla
Other:

Normal is for Muggles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 10:54 pm 
Ent
Ent

You could have more than 1 character, but preferably not of the same race, as that would make it very confusing.

Bella? can you change the talent? someone called it before you (Amara) and also please change your scent, Amara also had it :P sorry.

And my bio will be up

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 11:14 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Name: Aaron
Race: human helping Kyn
Appearance: tall, blonde, blue eyes
Personality: usually don't put this
History: I'll make it as I go along!
Talent: humans don't really have talents... right?
Scent: and same as above
Weapons: three-barrel pistol(kinda like Vincent Valentine's from FFVII), sword
Other: pic... http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... cap679.jpg
~~~
Name: Johnorath
Age: looks to be in his 30s, but really is over 1000 years old
Appearance: regular height, long shaggy brown hair, brown eyes
Personality: don't usually put this...
History: make it as I go along...
Talent: control forms of water
Scent: honey suckle
Weapons: twin swords, throwing knives
Other: pic... http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... hoto-a.jpg

yeah, you can tell I didn't really take my time with these... oh well!

Last edited by Eruraina on July 22nd, 2007, 11:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 11:18 pm 
Elf
Elf

okay that's fine!

NEW BIO:

Talent: Ability to kill by touch
Scent: Dragon's blood incense
Other:

Normal is for Muggles!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next