Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 10th, 2024, 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 14th, 2006, 4:28 am 
Balrog
Balrog

I really love Eowyn's outfits, but I also like some of Arwen's dresses very much. They're so beautiful ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2006, 6:05 am 

Ah, I love the costumes. They were one of the first things that stood out to me in the movies. Eowyn's white wool is one I really like, along with many of the rest of you. I also really like her Refugee (I spelled that wrong, didn't I?) dress, that's one of my absolute favorites. I've got the bodice and skirt of Eowyn's WW mocked up, but I'm not yet talented enough to draft sleeves that fit.
My favorite Arwen dresses aren't in the movie...I love the Lavender Beaded Gown! And her Reforging Gown and cloak- that only gets a few seconds of time, in RotK.

Kudos to Kitoky for the fabulous signature set, and art credit to engelszorn.
Who wants to join me in bringing back the lady?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2006, 4:18 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

all Arwen~s and Eowyn outfits are really beautiful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2006, 5:47 pm 

lol, I just realized that this is more than just RotK outfits... so I'm moving it to NZ. ;)

I'd say my favorite costume in LotR is Arwen's "Hope Dress", the one she wears in TTT when Elrond confronts her. Those sleeves look absolutely un-managable, but still, absolutely georgous. :P

<center>Image
~I am a Shieldmaiden for Christ!~
[?~^:]
Doll base

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2006, 8:36 pm 
Maia
Maia

Saruman's costume was extremely detailed as well. Too much work for me! I'd be upset if you couldn't tell on screen....after all the work I did. :annoyed:

FRODO

Image</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2006, 1:55 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I love all the outfits in LOTR they were all great ;) . If I had to pick a few in particular my first choices would be Eowyn's green dress that you first see her in and Rosie's blue party dress and Arwen's coronation gown :drool: but I like all the outfits in LOTR they're all so beautiful and detailed :) . you can tell a lot of work went into making them. I particularly like all Eowyn, Arwen and Rosie's outfits. I wish people in real life still dressed like that :confuzzled: . I love anything that has really long sleeves. :jump:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2006, 10:02 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

to be honest i love all the dresses (including the ones you see on background elves lol!) i've found several dress patterns that are similar to certain dresses so with the aid of alleycatscratch.com i do intend to make them someday. *sigh* until then i'll try and make them in Barbie size!!!!

and i kind of buy clothes with a lotr theme, i have several tops that are elf like, or green with fancy beading.

(and on a completely different note i'm in love with keira knightleys dresses in potc, her wedding dress was gorgeous. though i do hope she will actually manage to get married. :-D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 1:44 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hmm. i like them all. I've stared at Legolas so long though I sem to like his the best. It's so cool. ^^

solongandgoodnight<3.</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2006, 4:07 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

i went to the LotR exhibition in Sydney and all the costumes are great, but nothing awed me more than Sauron's armour. As i turned the corner and saw it, i just stood in te same spot for about 5 or more minutes, staring at it. When i finally came back to reality, i realised people were looking at me strangely - including my friend.

I love all of the costumes, but none more than Saurons. It blew me away - almost as much as the whole exhibition. And yes, i would love to be able to wear medi-evil clothes - they say history repeats itself, especially in the fashion world.. i'm hoping my heart out that medi-evil styled clothes will come out one day :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2006, 10:45 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

O yes that would be great :-D I love medi-evil out fits :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2006, 12:28 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Amarthiel wrote:
they say history repeats itself, especially in the fashion world.. i'm hoping my heart out that medi-evil styled clothes will come out one day :P

i'm hoping 18th century becomes cool again. though perhaps without the corset oart. lol though i could look good in medieval fashion ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2006, 7:37 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I honestly don't want it to become fashion again.. and if they did I want to wear something besides a stupid dress! *kicks a stone* I wanna wear one of those cooolh obbits costumes or something like the outfit Legolas wears, or even armour or something. I hate being a girl! :annoyed2:

I'm back. I'm ok!

solongandgoodnight<3.</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 14th, 2006, 1:46 pm 
Elf
Elf

That would be so cool if that fasion came back! i love all of the elven outfits! especialy legolas' outift and the robes, cloaks and gowns. the lothlorien cloaks that the fellowship gets are so cool! i want one! rohan has a cool style to. Eowyn's dresses are amazing! :) i love them.
All the armour is amazing too. rohan's and gondor's are so cool! :-D
Legolas' is the hottest! :drool:

Hannon Le,everyone for the banners! :)
Married Khamûl on January the 26th, 2007:bones:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 15th, 2006, 12:17 pm 
Vala
Vala

Larael wrote:
When I was visiting relatives in the US we went to an LotR Exhibtion, and they had a lot of the costumes up for show. I thought Galadriel's dress was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It must have taken hours and hours to make with all these shimmering beads and jewels all over it.

Oh, yes! I went to that exhibition, and her dress... I stared at it in total awe. It's like... impossible to describe to anyone who hasn't seen it like that. It was amazing. I have pictures of it forever frozen in my memory.

Quote:
I'd say my favorite costume in LotR is Arwen's "Hope Dress", the one she wears in TTT when Elrond confronts her. Those sleeves look absolutely un-managable, but still, absolutely georgous.

That dress was also at the exhibition. The sleeves trailed on the ground! But they are so gorgeous. And the collar on that is amazing (though I really wish the neckline was higher).

And Legolas's stuff is amazing too (that was also there). I'm not a fan girl (I'm a girl who's a fan, big, BIG difference) but I spent a long time in front of Legolas's costume. The fabric is so gorgeous, and it's just like... so perfectly elvish.

And then Eowyn's dresses are gorgeous. I was sad there wasn't any of them at the exhibit. The white one is so amazingly beautiful.

And I love all the hobbit clothes! And the cloaks! And Frodo's mithril coat! And...

I could go on and on for days and days and weeks.

There will come a time with no more tears
and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 16th, 2006, 3:15 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

hmm... they had Eowyn's travelling dress - the dark green one, at the Sydney exhibit... but I guess I was more fascinated with the 'weathered' clothing, but yes, Legolas' outfit was stunning.. and I'm not even fond of Legolas all that much >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 16th, 2006, 11:42 am 
Elf
Elf

I don't like dresses all that much, but I can appreciate how much effort has gone into the LOTR ones. Concerning the other costumes, I am absolutely obsessed with warfare, so the armour and weapons impressed me the most. The detail in specific parts, like Theoden's breastplate and inscriptions on swords, is just amazing :D

Profile           YIM