Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2006, 4:38 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I am interested in joining the Role Play. However I am still typing out my character biography. So could I have a human character in reserve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2006, 4:47 pm 

Sure thing, Morlo!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2006, 5:42 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I would like to join, please.

Name: Tetraen, daugher of Tarsin
Race: Human
Hair: Dark brown (nearly black) hair, a little over shoulder length (cut unevenly)
Eyes: Dark brown
Height: 5’5”
Clothing: Dark brown pants, long-sleeved green shirt with a gray cloak on top, dark brown boots.
Weapons: A short sword fashioned in the style of Gondor, a long solid wooden pole (perhaps five feet in length)
Belongings: The clothes listed above, a brown cloak for winter condition, two long dresses (one blue with silver trim, and one white with brown trim), a brown sheath for her sword, small knife for wilderness survival, and a special necklace passed down from her mother (sun-shaped sapphire pendant on a silver chain).

Expertise: She is extremely efficient with a sword, though her preferred weapon is her wooden pole, even though it is not as sharp or piercing. However, her primary area of expertise is her wit. In individual combat, there is no one more cunning than she, although she is not as strong as many people.

Personality: Tetraen is quiet, yet obviously powerful. She says very little, but when she speaks, it is with such wisdom and authority that she is listened to and taken very seriously. Her mind is her greatest weapon, and along with her wisdom comes intelligence and cunning. Besides this, her favorite things are music, poetry, literature, and dancing. She is extremely creative, and plans to dwell one day in Rivendell to let her creativity out.

History:
Tetraen was born in the Southern reaches of Gondor, in a small village by the delta area of the Pelargir River. The village had only a few hundred people living in it, yet it was a key point on the river. Tetraen was born to Tarsin, a merchant, and his wife Renya. The little girl was immediately welcomed into the village. Yet, she was one of the only girls in the village.

During her fifth year, tragedy struck in Tetraen’s life. Her mother perished due to a sudden illness could not be cured. The young girl was devastated, as was her father. Unfortunately, luck turned even worse when a year later, in her sixth year, a group of soldiers from the army arrived. They selected a few men to come with them and join the army. Tarsin was one of them. Though he was a merchant, he was assigned to help defend the borders from any possible invasions. He was sent north, leaving Tetraen alone.

Before he left, Tarsin needed to take care of his daughter. He took her to live with some friends of his. He also gave her a necklace that had belonged to her mother, telling her to always keep it safe. Then he went off with the others to fight up north.

Unfortunately, Tetraen’s life wasn’t about to get any easier. For several reasons, she was put in a position of inferiority in her new household. First, she was the youngest member, at the age of six. Second, she was the only female child. Her new family had three older sons. They were extremely valued by their parents, who really wanted nothing to do with Tetraen. So, she was made to do a lot of the cleaning and cooking around the house, which she absolutely hated.

As she got older, she spent more and more time outside by the river. She enjoyed the time alone, and felt relieved that she didn’t need to be with her ‘family’. She vowed to one day live in a peaceful place where she could be herself with no one judging her. She also learned a lot about the wilderness and how to take care of herself away from home.

When she was sixteen, the soldiers returned after ten years of service. However, Tetraen’s father was not among them. As it turned out, he had been killed in a raid five years earlier. The soldiers found Tetraen, and gave her his sword, and a letter he had written several years before in the event that he was killed. In it, he advised her to come to Minas Anor to gain oppurtunity in the world. He told her that if she came, she was to find Allin, son of Alkin on the second level of the city. And so, Tetraen took her father’s advice. She left the village and went to Minas Anor.

Once there, she found Allin, who had been a friend of her father’s. He was glad to let her stay with him until he found her a temporary place to stay. Then, she began to study, as she had always wanted to do. For years, she studied in the city, which was the learning center of Gondor, though it was not the capital. And so, for years, Tetraen studied in peace. However, her heart still remained outdoors, and when she was 21 years old, she left Minas Anor.

She did not want to return to her village, for too many horrible memories lay there. So, she went north and to the west, where she heard that there was open land and perhaps some others of her race. She brought a few dresses with her from the city, her father’s sword, and some other supplies, and went north. On the way, she developed a love for using a wooden pole in combat, and fashioned a strong pole out of the strongest wood she could find.

Once she arrived up north, she was nearly 22 years old. She soon met a Ranger who was traveling through the land, and she was accompanied by him to Rivendell. For three years, she dwelt there, for she loved the peace and tranquility. In addition, she studied the language of the Elves, and learned much from Elrond and his family members. But, at the age of 25, she left Rivendell, devoting herself to a life of travel, vowing that one day she would return and live the rest of her days in Rivendell.

Since that time, she has spent time in Bree-land, most of the rest of Eriador, and even once or twice she ventured into the Shire. And so, she has become very experienced in travel safety and individual combat. She also has made friends with many of the Dúnadan. She travels throughout Eriador, and lives the life of a wandering student, learning all that Middle-earth has to offer.

Banner by Limwen - Villya

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2006, 12:42 pm 

Very, very sorry for this delay.

Thing have been so crazy, neither tulk nor I have been around lately. I'll take a look at your character ASAP and let you know. I'll hopefully get this RPG back up again soon. :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5th, 2007, 8:30 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

May I reserve the last elf position..? I'm only asking because i would post a profile now, but I have to go to school. I'll post when I get home...

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5th, 2007, 4:23 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

that's what i get for being on a forum at 6 in the morning, nie?

Profile           YIM