Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2008, 3:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Is anyone else watcing this or is it just Deawen and I?) Tulmind pulled himself onto his horse with little trouble and spoke some words of comfort to Lómea but that did little to stop sate her excitement. They started slowly at first but as the elf on the side dropped his second arm they sped up. He looked over to see how close Deawen was to him and saw that they were neck and neck. Except that Deawen had her eyes closed and was enjoying the ride immensly. He smiled and continued the ride. Turning the corner they came to three jumps and Tulmind drew his sword. The first two jumps they both passed with ease but with the third one Lómea's hoof clipped the top. It was not much, but it was enough to put Tulmind off balance for his slice. He meant to decapitate the dummy but he was not in the right position. Still determined to hit it he lunged with his sword and stabbed the dummy in the face. But his akward position had brought him too close and he jammed his right arm viciously on the stab. He walked over to Deawen and held his arm. "I still think that counts.", he stated... but even as he spoke his sword fell out of the dummy and clattered to the ground. "I still hit it..." he mumbled turning back to Deawen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2008, 3:58 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen laughed " Yes I think that counts." she said breaking her angry mood. She winced though becuase it meant she lost.

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2008, 4:29 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Tulmind gave his arm a sharp twist and pulled it back into place. He rolled his shoulder for good measure and realized that nothing was hurt at all. Walking over to Deawen, he smiled and said, "Then I believe that you owe me a kiss!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2008, 7:30 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen blushed " I assume that you will not cease your pursuit until I do? "she asked playfully.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2008, 8:53 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"A very good assumption, m'lady." he replied in the same manner. He bowed low, which to Deawen was not that low but none the less the sarcastic meaning of it was not wasted. Walking closer to her he noticed one again his empty sheath. Looking back once again to his blade that lay in the dirt below the dummy, he could only shake his head and smile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2008, 10:18 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen leaned towards him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before dashing away like nymph. She flitted away into the woods that lay just beyond ring. Her Horse followed and Deawen climbed into her saddle and rode as fast as she could through the forest.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 1:03 am 
Vala
Vala

((Yep, I'm still watching. Just trying to find a place for my charrie to come in.))

Durion glanced cautiously around the room, searching every inch of the room for Mylia. He carefully climbed out of the bed and stood to his feet. For a couple seconds the room swung, but he regained his balance and his weak legs held. With all the grace and stealth he could muster Durion made a hasty exit, hoping to avoid Mylia entirely. He failed. Miserably.
"Elf, where do you plan on going?" She demanded, seeming to jump out of the shadows.
"Out doors" He answered quickly. "For air"
Mylia shook her head. "You need rest! I will open a window if it is fresh air you desire."
"Just let me take a walk, please." He pleaded. "I want to be able to walk outdoors without fear, even if it is only for five minutes."
Mylia scowled, but then her features softened. "Alright, you may go. But walk only, and do not over exert yourself."
Durion nodded thankfully and slipped outside. Warm sunlight bathed him, covering him like a blanket, and the fresh air brought new life to his lungs. He headed towards the forest, making his own path through the underbrush. It had been such a long time since he had the ability to appretiate such beauty and tranquility. For a minute he just stood still, letting his sences be barraged by the warm sun, cool breeze, earthy scents, and woodlad sounds. How different this was from the cold dank prisons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 9:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Tulmind just smiled and looked away from the direction Deawen ran. Picking up his discarded sword and buckling onto his belt, he walked over to his horse. Grabbing her head he kissed her gently on the forhead, "And that is for you, my dear Lómea." Brushing his hand down her mane her turned and picked up his other sword off the ground and sheathed it. It wasn't until he stood up that he noticed the same elf that had been wounded earlier basking in Rivendell's glow. Tulmind slowly walked over to him and waited for the elf to open his eyes. As soon as he did Tulmind asked quietly, "Good to be free?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 10:27 pm 
Vala
Vala

Durion smiled, joy in his heart. "I know how the caged bird yearns for freedom, and the pure rush it gets when set free. It can't be put into words." He held out a hand to Tulmind's horse, allowing the mare to smell his palm. "All those years, deprived of beauty...its almost too much now. I feel like I'm drowning in it, like I'm in a storm so fierce I can't hear my own voice. Its so frightening, yet there is a raw beauty in the fear."

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 28th, 2009, 3:19 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Tulmind smiled and turned to face him. "I believe that is how it should be. You can now truly experience the beauty of Rivendell because you can recognize what it is to be without it. I, however, cannot see the true glamor of this place." He walked over to Durion and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Know that after the raging storm, you will see the beauty of the sun."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6