Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2008, 6:13 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen only allowed Sen enter her burnpath of her mind. She didn't dare drop a sinlge defense. "He fears us Sen, he is afraid of what we can unleash, I don't think he planned for us to be sent here, he is surprised and worried by I think. she said to Sen with care, she watched him eat for a moment thinking. She couldn't help an inner smile that she transferred into the happiest feeling to Sen. THe winterking most likely failed to think that Deawen in turn would read the Winterking's thoughts as he probed her mind.
Meanwhile The winterking turned his attention to Sen. A dark brooding gap lay between him and a bitter resentment. Sen was an opponet he preferred to keep on his side. but Sen's people had given him some grief he planned to repay. Deawen wasn't as easy as she looked, nor were the others with equally powerful minds he would have to watch his back. But Sen he feared most, his great power a threat to his own plans and designs.

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2008, 8:35 pm 
Elf
Elf

Morwen, free from the battle of conscience, took the opportunity to get the lay of the room they were in. It was similar to the throne room, but longer and not as wide. Blue flames provided a cold light for the eerie banquet. She saw the Winterking locking eyes with Deawen and Sen and used the opportunity to steal away. The wolf men had been banished to their barracks as punishment for the misundertanding over Deawen. She made her wat out of the hall and ran down a corridor, trying to find a way out.

Reasons I love England #217:
I saw "whilst" on a traffic sign

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2008, 8:56 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Anira shivered slightly as the Winterking lowered the temperature of the room further, yet she was determined not to let him enter her mind. She felt drained, yet she knew that if she allowed her defenses to slip, he would have free reign to control her. I will be no one's slave-whether he be mortal or a controller of the elements. she vowed silently as she continued to erect mental defenses. Glancing about the room, she too began to look for a way in which they could escape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2008, 10:36 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen noticed Morwen was gone but an anger towards Morwen in her behavior prevented her from showing any emotion. The winterking suddenly broke the silence by saying. " The night is wearing to an end I suggest we all get some rest." with that he left the hall taking a corridor that was wide and well lit.
Deawen turned to her companions, " I have no plan as of yet, but remember where you are at all times we can't afford to be lost..." Deawen's words slowed to a halt as a new presence filled her mind, it wasn't the winterkings presence at all it was Malgar. He stood at a doorway he bowed though it seemed against his will. " This way to your chambers" he hissed. Deawen stood all of her practice of being in total control blazed forth like a torch.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2008, 6:42 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Location: South Africa, the bottom end of nowhere important...

*Sen felt the icy feathers of the Winterking's mind touch his, and, his mental faculties returned to him after the wearing off of the stasite, he devised a small test for the Winterking. Ahead of him he placed a mental wall, though very thin. If the Winterking decided to try and pierce this wall, a nasty suprise would be in store for him. Sen's eyes never once wavered towards the Winterking's; eye contact might give away his plan... He felt Anira's defences, and gave a gentle, though powerful reinforcement to them, wrapping her mind in the shadow of the same warmth that his and Deawen's mind had. He nodded to her, catching her eye as he took a sip from his goblet. He saw Deawen leaving, and stood briefly as a gentleman should.*
I will retire shortly myself, Deawen. I just wish a few more minutes at the table of our host.
*He sat back down, grabbing a small roll from the center tray. He waited to see what the Winterking would do...*

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2008, 10:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

Morwen stopped in a stairwell, exhausted from running and heavy with the realization that she had betrayed not only her companions, but her oldest and best friend. Her body convulsed with sobs, the emotion too thick to let any noise out of her mouth. She put her head in her hands and tried to breathe. After a while, she regained control and tried to think of what to do. With no definate purpose, she took the leather wallet from her belt and poured the contents onto the step in front of her. She was left with her flint whetstone, a hunting knife, two bronze arrow heads, sinnew for fletching, a few torn-up feathers, and fuzz from the rabbit pelt now gracing the inside of her left boot. She stared with a bit of amusement at what seemed to be a useless pile of junk. The idea of fire did occur, but there was no fuel in a palace full of ice. She put it all away but for the knife and decided to seek the confiscated weapons of her hunting party.

Reasons I love England #217:
I saw "whilst" on a traffic sign

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2008, 1:18 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Once Deawen was in private rooms she began planning their escape. Fire wouldn't do here it was too cold and far too vast to have effect. Deawen's heart sank at the idea of being trapped here for any longer than a day. she couldn't take the cold and constant probing of her mind. She laid down on the fur covered bed trying to think, she was tired but her iron will screamed for not to sleep just yet but her mind was as thick as mud.

The Winterking didn't understand why Sen had stayed behind, this concerned him greatly but not enough to show emotion. He said nothing but watched Sen warily.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2008, 9:47 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

*Sen smiled, only slightly, as he did not feel the Winterking trying to probe his mind. He added some more to his plate; he wanted to recover as much as possible, and he didn't know when he would next get a chance to eat like this...* I am thankful for your hospitality, Winterking, despite our rather frozen reception. There are things I would like to discover while our stay lasts, but, as I am a guest, I am sure you would like to ask questions of us, and, now, of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2008, 9:37 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Anira rose with Deawen and followed their guide to what would be their chambers for the night. During the dinner, she was grateful to Sen's reinforcement of her defenses, knowing that the Winterking was indeed a formidable foe.

"This way," her guide hissed at her after he had led Deawen to her chambers. He led her down another hall before stopping in front of another room.

"I hope her ladyship will find this to her liking," he sneered.

"I'm certain I will. His majesty, the Winterking, is a most gracious host," she replied to her guide in a voice laced with forced politeness that caused him to growl. With that she stepped into the chambers and shut the door behind her. Leaning against the frame, she wondered what to do next. Sleep was out of the question. Who knew what the Winterking would have in store for her if she lowered her defenses. Reluctantly, she crossed over to the fur bed and sat upon it as she tried to plan her next move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2008, 8:38 am 
Balrog
Balrog

The Winterking chuckled, a sound that felt like a rock slide. "I am afriad my people are skeptics of strangers, they don't like to take chances." he said smoothly "I did not expect to see two from the north east I thought they were...destroyed long ago." he said shifting his gaze to Sen. " I expected King Elessar to send one of his most trusted advisors to deal with me. Not vagabonds." a chill was sent through the hall as he spoke. His presence and power filled everyroom. Deawen felt it and shuddered she couldn't shake the drowsy feeling no matter how much she tried to resist. She was worn out the past few days with no sleep and hardly rest was screaming in every limb. THen there was the accursed cold.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2008, 9:06 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

*Sen's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, though his body did not reflect his... displeasure, as he propped up a foot on one knee, taking a small sip of ice water.* Well, not completely destroyed, as you can see. As for King Elessar, he trusts us enough for what is to be done. Do we not suit your tastes of diplomatic envoys?
*Behind those words, there was a hidden meaning that caused Sen to smile to himself. 'Are we to strong for you, Winterking? Were you expecting a weak diplomat that you could "dissapear" or twist to your ways?' He thought to himself, as he waited for a reply. He would get to the bottom of this; though his bed called to him, as did Deawen's weary and cold mind...*

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2008, 9:07 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

*Sen's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, though his body did not reflect his... displeasure, as he propped up a foot on one knee, taking a small sip of ice water.* Well, not completely destroyed, as you can see. As for King Elessar, he trusts us enough for what is to be done. Do we not suit your tastes of diplomatic envoys?
*Behind those words, there was a hidden meaning that caused Sen to smile to himself. 'Are we to strong for you, Winterking? Were you expecting a weak diplomat that you could "dissapear" or twist to your ways?' He thought to himself, as he waited for a reply. He would get to the bottom of this; though his bed called to him, as did Deawen's weary and cold mind...*

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2008, 9:10 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2008, 9:22 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

(Nuts. Sorry for the three posts. My browser was messing up...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2008, 9:13 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

The winterKing remained passive. No emotion was shown as he sat in silence planning his next bantty of words. " On the contray Lord Sen, I find you the nearly perfect envoy, but it is Lady Deawen who I find unsatistfactory, she seems tense as if she is constantly worried or beset by demons." He paused as a new thought came to mind he grinned slowly." A good sleep might help." he added quietly. " Yes a good sleep seems to help bad tempers..." he stood up and bowed slightly " I bid You a good night Lord Sen I hope to see you in good spirits in the morning." With that he left the hall without a second word.
~~
Deawen sighed as the warm furs on the bed beckoned to her. "sleep" they called so faintly "sleep" Deawen snuggled into the furs suddenly forgetting when the last time she slept.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2008, 2:14 pm 
Travelling Shieldmaiden
Travelling Shieldmaiden

Anira sat quietly on the bed, suddenly feeling a sense of weariness settle over her. She turned to look upon the furs beckoning her to sleep and for a moment considered giving into their alluring calls. This must be some sort of enchantment, she thought suddenly remembering where she was. I must fight it. I can not leave my mind so defenseless. Yet, she knew that whatever magic the Winterking wielded, it was strong-perhaps stronger than anything she had ever faced and she wondered how long she would be able to last before she succumbing to his power.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next