Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: On the High Seas- A Fourth Age Role-Play
PostPosted: June 9th, 2008, 5:15 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

This is a role-play for those who have signed up here (click). Please do not post without permission from me, the owner. If you wish to join, please click this link or PM me.

Please remember to keep all OOC (Out of Character) to a minimum at the top or bottom of your post, or post OOC in the link above, which will serve as our OOC discussion page.

So, To begin. :-D

Seventy-five years have passed since the War of the Ring, and Sauron's defeat. The Shire is now safe, and Gondor and Arnor have been reunited. Elessar and Arwen rule the kingdom fairly, and it has prospered. Their son, Eldarion, and daughters are growing to be fine young half-elves, and all respect them. Rohan is now ruled by Eomer's son, Elfwine, and relationships between the two countries are good. Faramir and Eowyn have passed on, but Ithilien is still under the care of their decendants.

A trouble is rapidly from the western seas, however. Many legends surround the Great War, but few still have living proof. The Corsairs of Umbar are the exception. They have grown in number over the years, and have now become a problem that King Elessar cannot ignore.

Therefore, the king sends out a missive to all able-bodied seamen, and women, requesting their help.

King Elessar
Ruler of Gondor, Arnor, and Mordor
From the palace at Minas Tirith
To all Captians of Gondorian ships, and sailors.
Greeting.

Due to the recent attacks on our kingdom by such persons as the Corsairs of Umbar, we are sending a call to those who wish to battle said pirates. The rewards will be determined by the Admiral of the Fleet, after proof of a ship, captured or destroyed, is given. Rewards will also be given for prisoners of great import.
Any who wish to report may do so at Osgiliath, by bringing this missive to the Admiral of the fleet, or his Representative.

((OOC: here goes!))

Merides held the missive in her hand, surprised to find herself shaking with excitement. A quest! She sat in the inn, drinking her tea, and thought back to when she had first heard of it. It had been Dol Amroth... Where her now first-mate, Arandur, had signed on. In fact, he had been the one to tell her of the quest. They had set sail immediately.

Having arrived in Osgiliath, she only needed to locate this 'Admiral' or his 'Representative.' Leaving the inn, she strolled to the docks.

Meri's long strawberry-blond hair was bound in a single plait that bounced along as she walked. She was not very tall, but was an imposing fugure nonetheless, with her pale green eyes narrowed. Her rapier swung from her belt, her left hand resting easily on it, as if ready for any trouble. She was dressed in simple garb- a pale blue tunic, belted at the waist, and brown leggings disappearing into knee-high dark brown boots. Just below her tunic, and at her neckline, light chainmail could be seen if one looked closely. She also wore the necklace of her grandmother, the Lady Eowyn, but this was not a fact she told many.

At the docks, Meri stopped to admire her ship. The Ninglor, elvish for 'water-lily,' was her pride and joy. She had won it in a bet from the previous captain, who had underestimated the small woman. A small, single-masted cog, it served her purpose well. She had outfitted it with tow small catapults- one in the bow, and one in the stern. They could be dismantled if needed, but she preferred to have her military might showing.

Her men waved from the ship, calling 'Captain!' and "Cirionhir!' She smiled. Her elven first mate had been teaching them Sindarin again... Not that she minded. She had used the elven tounge herself in battle... it came in very handy. She waved back to her men, and, seeing that all was in order, continued south along the docks.

She finally spotted what she was looking for in the form of a tall, grey-bearded man, surrounded by soldiers, sailors, and official-looking men, all sitting around a table. "Are you the Admiral?" she asked him. She was mildly surprised when one of the soldiers answered for him.

"Yeah, he's the Admiral. But who're you, girl?" His sneer informed her of his opinion of armed women- a reaction she received often, unfortunately.

"No one to be trifled with," she replied, then turned to the Admiral. "Merides, captain of the Goodship Ninglor. The king's missive sent me to find you." She presented her copy of the letter, laying it on the table in front of him. Loud guffaws greeted her statement, along with "A woman captain?" "Sure you are, little girl!" and "Bet it keeps the crew happy!"

She glared around her, then looked at the Admiral, who had yet to say a word. "Sir, despite what your men may believe, I am the captian of the Ninglor, and I do wish to embark on this mission. If you will have me, my crew and I swear to wipe the Corsair Scum from the seas!" She punctuated this by drawing her rapier and pinning her letter to the table.

He seemed to think for a moment, then smiled. "Very well, Merides. You have shown courage, and passed my test. Your ship will be welcome in my fleet." He then pointed at a paper on the desk. "Sign here, along with the names of your ship, first mate, and a relative." At her questioning look, he explained, "For the sad case of a sunken ship. We must let someone know if you pass."

"It will not happen..." she muttered, but still signed her name.

Merides of Ithilien
The Ninglor
Arandur
Boromir, grandson of Eowyn and Faramir, of Ithilien.

She smiled and straightened. "Is that all, sir?"

"You will be assigned a sister ship, for safety, come morn. Prepare your ship for battle in the meantime." He gestured towards her rapier. "And please remove your sword from my table."

Meri did so with barely a grunt, saluted him, and returned her sword to its sheath. Turning on her heel, she fairly ran back to the Ninglor. She jogged up the plank to the deck, and started shouting orders.

"On deck all hands! We have our mission! Prepare for battle, ya lazy backs! Arandur! I want an inventory of our weapons and ammunition- yesterday! Move! WE SAIL AT DAWN!"

Help My dragons! Click please!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2008, 7:18 pm 
Elf
Elf

Arandur was helping to load rations when Captian Merides came on board, bellowing orders. The Teler's heart soared when he heard of new orders. Finally he thought some action. He chuckled as the Cirionhir asked for an apparently overdue inventory of supplies and weapons "Aye, Cap'n" he called. He knew thay had enough food for a two year voyage, and enough ammunition for fifty shots per catapult, for each catapult. Sighing, he went above deck to access the armoury.

Entering the cramped room, he quickly scanned the inventory. They had enough blades for the crew, plus a few extra, a number of pikes to repel boarders, boarding axes, and several bows. Writing these numbers down, he reported to Merides, saluting the young woman "Cirionhir! We have one hundred missiles for the catapults, all accounted for. As well, we have twenty four bows, each with forty eight well-made shafts, about seventy five swords, give or take one or two, about twenty-five boarding axes, and fifty pikes. Also, we have enough rations to keep everyone well fed for about a year. I loaded the rations and supplies myself"

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2008, 3:13 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Indilwen raised her eyebrows at the missive she had just received. "Orders... from the King of Gondor. The Corsairs of Umbar have always been a rowdy people - and the King will be needing all the ships he can get." She at once made for Osgiliath.

In Osgiliath, she searched to find the "Admiral." After some time, she decided to go to the inn for a bit of refreshment, and to see if she could find the whereabouts of the Admiral. A sailor informed her that he was down at the docks; she thanked him and walked out. She strode down the docks, standing straight and tall, her dark brown hair pulled back out of her face, but hanging straight in the back. She wore an unencumbering and free-flowing dress of burgundy hue, and her slender elven sword hung ready at her side. She glanced at her own ship as she walked by; it was named the Curon, or "Crescent Moon." She found the group of men, and the tall grey-bearded man that she presumed to be the admiral.

"You are the admiral, correct sir?" she asked him, ignoring the stares and smirks of the men standing around him.

"Not again..." one of the men laughed, gasping for air.

Indilwen turned her gaze to the man. "Not again what?" she demanded quietly.

"Please don't tell me that you're another of those women captains...."

"Another? You mean to tell me that there's more besides me?"

"Oh yes.... another just came through a few minutes ago..." The man looked to the man beside him and laughed again.

Indilwen looked back to the admiral. "Then I presume you know why I am here."

The admiral sighed. "Yes indeed, miss. Just sign this paper with your name, and the names of your ship, first mate, and a relative.... in case something happens to you."

"Nothing will happen to me, I tell you," Indilwen insisted.

"Please.... just sign it."

She wrote down the information accordingly, and handed him back the paper. "The Curon will not come back undefeated."

The admiral nodded, and then looked sarcastic. "Wonderful!"

Indilwen turned away and went back to her ship. She called to her first mate. "We sail at the dawn of the morrow! Get the supplies and weapons ready; we are going to hunt ourselves some Corsairs!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2008, 2:04 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Location: In my library, unconvering dark and mysterious secrets...

Starflite stood in the bow. Looking out at the sea. She was an imposing figure. She had Brown hair, and green eyes that seemed endless. Her crew respected her, that was the most important thing. Her mate, her war counsellor, ran across the deck to her. He unsheathed his word, saluted, then sheated it.

"What is it?" she asked mildly, she was in a good mood. They were headed towards the coast of Gondor, the one country they hadn't attacked yet. She was strangely excited. No one had yet to appose them.

"Word has come from our sister ship that the rest of the fleet shall be here soon." he said.

She smiled, "Those dogs have no idea how bloody vicious it is on the sea. They won't survive." Her mate nodded dutifully. She looked at him questionally, "Is there something else, Nargu?" He nodded. "Speak up!" she said, losing her patience.

"It is reported two of them are women captains." he muttered, afraid to look her in the eyes. He knew she hated it when other women opposed her. She loved being the only seafaring woman on the sea who had enough guts to be a pirate, even a pirate captain.

"Where are they?" she asked, managing to keep the hate low in her voice.

"Osgiliath." he said, daring to look up. She was turned away from him, but he knew she was anything but calm.

"We sail to Osgiliath!!!" she yelled, startling the crew. She started ordering them all to be ready to attack. The deck became ordered chaos. A command not quickly obeyed from Starflite meant death. "We have someone we need to meet!" she said, turning to the crew after she had jumped up into the rigging. "They're going to think all of hell has broken out!" she said to herself.

Thanks Nurratiel, *Ennostiel*, PD, and Githoniel

Last edited by Lasbelingur on March 24th, 2009, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 4:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

((OOC: Is anyone still alive???))

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2008, 12:48 am 
Maia
Maia

(I'm here, I posted my bio, but am not sure if allowed to join yet.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2008, 3:04 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

((I'm here too, and yes, you're allowed to post. I said so in the OOC spot, I think.))

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2008, 5:04 pm 
Maia
Maia

(kk thank you Meri, and may I put Skylark on your ship? Do you mind?)

Skylark stayed silent when Arandur took off. She continued to load what rations they had, glancing at Merides and Arandur only once, before she continued to load the rations. Lark sighed, thinking, Well the Captain's back... She picked up another box of rations and headed back to put them on the ship, Nothing Exciting...yet...anyway...I just have to wait until battle number 1...which probably won't be until forever... Lark sighed as she put down the Ration box, still ignoring The Captain and Arandur...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2008, 6:11 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

((I am waiting for Merides, Nerissa, or Turwathion to post.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2008, 8:26 am 
Elf
Elf

((need Merides ro respond to me))

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 2:55 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

((Sorry guys, Nerissa is out of town for the month, and I'm having a crazy summer. Also, I'm waiting on Goldleaf- she said she'd join... Let's put this on hold till Neri gets back, ok?))

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2008, 12:28 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

((Ok.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2008, 11:27 am 
Balrog
Balrog

((I'm back now, so whenever you guys want to continue is fine with me.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 14th, 2008, 5:18 pm 
Elf
Elf

((Aaach! Las is gone 'till August!))

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 15th, 2008, 8:47 am 
Balrog
Balrog

((Argh... summer is kind of a hard time to do a RP, a lot of people are gone and/or really busy...))

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2008, 10:14 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

((I'm back!))