Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The wages of sin is Death. (starting)
PostPosted: October 10th, 2008, 1:42 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

This is going to be a casual RP. I may post multiple times daily sometimes or even once or twice a week so whoever plays along just try to keep pace with the slow members.

It's set in the LOTR story, but with my own twist. Many of the wild men who fought for Saruman during the war of the ring were captured alive, because of the spells they were under, though, they could not be heald fully accountable for their actions.
Because of this Aragorn panishes them to the unexplored regions beyond minddle earth where elven legend has it that there is an entity named "Death." Death will test any man who crosses his path, and only those with a good heart will survive. All evil men who pass through will die.

Our Characters will be these men who are sent out to the far regions. We will battle against this unknown entity named Death, eventually discover it's true identity and defeat it. (those of us who choose to play good characters)

The main rules are no god moding unless permission is given by characters' player, and keep things realistick. Other than that.. use your immagination, be free, and have fun!

My Character is...

Name:Thalin Stoer

Appearance: Mid twenties, long brown hair, shaved face, dirty skin, brown leather armour

Weapons: A simple sword and a bow with arrows.

Personality: Strong willed and independant. A "free spirit" who refuses to show his fear.

Background: He grew up in a relatively peacefull home, until Saruman came to his land. At that point he was only twenty years old. The wizards trickery forced him into fighting for his ill intentions. After the war, and after nearlydying five times, Thalin was captured and scentance to be banished along with other captives who were to be tested.

Post bios and as soon as we get a few people we can start!

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Last edited by Jax Nova on October 15th, 2008, 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2008, 2:14 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

This sounds very interesting!

Here's my bio:

Name: Rilon Droinbar
Appearance: 6' tall; very dark brown hair reaching nearly to his shoulders; dressed in dark, ragged clothing
Weapons: A sword and a dagger
Personality: Calm, quiet, and stern; one rarely knows what is going on inside his head
History: He was forced into the army of Saruman, having doubts yet believing Saruman to be the lesser evil in the world. After fighting hard in several battles, he was captured; after the war was over he was placed with the other banished wild men.

I hope this works... if it doesn't, please tell me. Thanks! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2008, 5:19 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

That will work fine, and welcome to the RP :)

We will start it up as soon as we gt a few more people

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2008, 5:23 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Thanks! Sounds great. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2008, 12:19 am 
Vala
Vala

Cool idea!

Name: Fentir Hilblaid
Appearance: Tall, black hair and greyish green eyes.
Weapons: daggers, bow, and sword.
Background: Had a fairly ordinary childhood and adulthood, until Sarumon put a spell over him and the other men of his village.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 12th, 2008, 9:39 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Welcome Nauriel Rochnur!

Thanks for posting the bio. I guess we will wait and see if 1 or 2 more people join. If no one joins here today we may go ahead and start it up tomorow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 12th, 2008, 4:47 pm 
Elf
Elf

This sounds very interesting, I'd like to join ^^

Name: Drathin Inessar
Appearance: Average height, muscalar build. He has tanned skin with a slight russet hue to it, shaggy dark brown hair, and deep dark brown eyes. He has a stern-looking face with rigid features. He wears simple, dark clothes.
Personality: Quiet, but he has no problems with making his opinions known when he wants to. Drathin is an observer, he is perceptive, but he prefers to keep things to himself. He doesn't open up to others, and prefers to be alone. He has a cynical streak, and can be grumpy at times.
History: Like most everyone else, he lived a relatively peaceful life until Saruman came along. There was a woman he loved, but she didn't return his love, and Drathin turned bitter, making him more susceptible to Saruman's spell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13th, 2008, 11:16 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Welcome Esteleth. :)

Thans for joining all. I guess we will go ahead and start. Anyone who wants to join after can jump in anytime they want!

Thalin glanced around at the other "Wild men," as they had been deemed.

"What happened to the last year of my life?" he wondered silently. It was all a blure of mad rage and hate.

The words of King Aragorn rang through his head as him and the other wilde men marched in the midsts of the soldiers. "You have been banished to the uncharted regions where death will test your heart. Any who come back alive are free to lie a normal life."

Those were the kings words... but he was sadly mistaken. Thalin would never again live a normal life. The scares from the evil Wizards curse would stay with him forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 10:36 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Rilon looked about bewilderedly at the ranks of wild men and soldiers. He had fought for what he thought was right, and that side had lost. He had realized only too late where the truth was hidden... and it was not with Saruman. Now here he was, being banished to a place where the very thought of traveling into was enough to strike fear into the hearts of his kin. He would have to stand up to that mysterious enemy called Death. "A normal life..." The king's last words to them lingered in his head; they would not leave him alone. How many of us will survive this? he wondered. Will any of us ever be able to live a "normal" life again? His dark head drooped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 11:27 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(just a short post then I'll wait for the others to catch up)

Finally the army stopped. Thalin looked around at the frightened faces... even the kings men.
He suddenly realized that for the first time since he was a child he himself felt fear as well. Not because he was brave, but before Saruman there was nothing to fear... after the wizards curse, he was to stupid to fear.

"This is where we stop!" the head soldier called out.
"You wild men are to continue forward."

Thalin looked ahead. There was a valley with impassable sides... only one way possible to travel, straight into Death. The army covered the vally exit, cutting off their only escape rout.

"My men will stay here for one week," the soldier continued. "After that time if any of you can come out alive, you will be free men."

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 1:02 pm 
Vala
Vala

Fentir shuddered briefly as the King's soldiers left, leaving the "wild men" to struggle forward into Death itself. The rage that Sarumon had implanted in him had been smothered, but he still felt uneasy. How could he not, when he was being forced to walk into the land of legends? Story after story of this horrible place had been passed down through the generations. Death itself lived here. None who had any evil in his heart would perish. Looking towards the horizon, Fentir took in the bleak surroundings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 11:15 pm 
Elf
Elf

Drathin Inessar felt more scared than he could ever remember feeling in his previous life.

Throughout the entire march he had remained silent, watching the soldiers and his peers, but mostly thinking. Remembering. Regretting. He couldn't make sense of what had happened in the last few years. The wizard had appeared to the men in his village as an angel, a messenger from the gods, a saviour--and now Aragorn was king? And now they were defeated? Drathin didn't understand, and he soon gave up trying to.

His dark eyes glanced about the desolate landscape, and he was surprised that the men around him couldn't hear his heart pounding in his chest. Through this valley was Death, and quite frankly, Drathin wasn't ready to face Death. He searched his memory, trying to find some stories that he had heard as a child, but none came to mind. And as he glanced from one 'wild man' to another, it dawned on him that he didn't even know the names of these men. Was it doomed that he would die alone in a crowd of strangers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 6:18 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(I guess I will join. I'll post my bio later today)

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 1:03 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Welcome Deawen Elsent, Always good to have a few more.:)

I'll make my post short, as t not get ahead of you too much.

As the guards backed away from the gloomy sight, the wildemen were left in a desolate, rocky region. The kings men behind them, and a dark valley ahead of them with seemingly impassable sides.

Thalin didn't know what they were going to do...but one thing was for sure. They couldn't stay there. They would die from thrist before their time ran out. They would have to seek food and water in the dangerous land beyond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 15th, 2008, 1:49 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Rilon looked around, observing the faces of the soldiers and wild men alike. Fear was written all over their faces... The soldiers feared coming too close to the realm of Death, and the wild men feared that they would never come out of its clutches. There was no place to turn to... he and the other wild men could only march straight ahead. What awaited them in that dark and lonesome valley he knew not, but he knew that there would be more challenging times than this before he emerged... if he emerged from it victorious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 16th, 2008, 11:31 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The men stopped for the night. Thalin found a place and laid down. By morning, however, the sky was just as dark as it was thatnight. a heavy fog hovered over the land.

The men were growing wrestless and many begining to walk towards the unknown realm in hpes of finding some sort of food and water.