Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 12:04 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(Malrid... are any powers allowed in this? just asking on the basis of this post)

Let him call me a tyrant so cruel
Let him curse my name, but remember the truth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 12:07 pm 
Istari
Istari

(umm well i guess so, but within reason)

[!*#_:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 12:14 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Malrid wrote:
(umm well i guess so, but within reason)

(like throwing freaking fireballs?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 12:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

(she didnt, she threw a hot coal at you)

[!*#_:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 12:21 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Malrid wrote:
(she didnt, she threw a hot coal at you)

(well I was confused since she didn`t say anything about the fire next to her, but anyway... lets continue...)

Renald had turned to horse as something hit him, small pieces of hot coal burned his skin, but he quickly shook them off as the horse galloped away leaving the woman behind. Renald knew many hiding places and he knew one above all that would fit their purposes, he was going to take everything out of this horse to get there since it was relatively close, but not too close so that it could be easily found.

Renald suddenly turned the horse towards the mountains to loose the tracks into the rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2006, 5:24 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

:annoyed:
Deawen screatched slightly in her rage of failure there was no way she could follow natraully but she could use her second gift but that would leave her weak something she could not risk . (could that be allowed it's basically teleporting using a shadow world as a quicker way to get from one point to another however draining her energy?)

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 6:57 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Deawen Elsent wrote:
:annoyed:
Deawen screatched slightly in her rage of failure there was no way she could follow natraully but she could use her second gift but that would leave her weak something she could not risk . (could that be allowed it's basically teleporting using a shadow world as a quicker way to get from one point to another however draining her energy?)

(come on! give some chance to get away even for just a while!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 9:50 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(fine..... :annoyed2: )
Deawen looked at her dog "Find!' she commanded pointing in the direction they went. her dog raced off not howling or yipping just following the sent, Deawen followed with a swift speed she had all she needed everything was already pack into the saddle bags which was with Bredol. but Deawen didn't care about that she was losing her ground on what to do she followed her dog not resting for long periods of time

the one time she did rest she collasped on the ground her dog sat next to her panting Deawen checked Arenel's paws for thorns "Bredol won't last long at a full gallop i think they will find that He tends to get pesky at full gallops or won't move at all " she gasped petting her dog

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 10:00 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Cora paused to sniff the air. "Smoke... campfire smoke..." she murmured. "We are close." They had been riding constantly, not pausing for a rest, but it was beginning to take toll on the horses, only one of which, Rochnur's, being a Rohan steed.

Cora urged the horse beneath her and the horse she led by rope, to a swifter pace, but not for long. They reached Deawen's old campfire and Cora slid down from the horse to look about the ground, heedless to the pain in her leg the sudden action caused. "Seems she left the fire going.... perhaps interupted..." she pondered. "Three sets of human tracks, all sized differently. Do you think the thief could have actually kept up with them?"

~Cyclist in Training~

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 2:01 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Renald rallied the horse to the hills, they arrived at a rocky ground and Renald looked towards the moon quietly whistling to himself hoping that the worst was over. He tried to locate their position and drew a map out of his pocket as he stopped the horse, he spreaded the map against the horses neck.

"Do you see any noticable landmarks Malhock?"

Renald asked him as he searched the map and looked around trying to find his destination, he suddenly realised that he wasn`t supposed to say that since he had never even supposed to hear the man`s name. They might have mentioned the man`s name, but Renald`s thoughts had been away as he cut his bonds by the wagon. Renald was quiet waiting for an answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 6:58 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(*giggles* Throwing potatoes... sorry... that sounded funny ^^)

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 11:11 pm 
Vala
Vala

"I don't know." ROchnur replied uncertainly. "But I have learned not to underestimate thieves." He placed his hand over the fire cautiously, lowering it down until he could feal heat.
"They were here not long ago." He gazed at the ground, trying to decipher the foot marks. "Look, here and here." He pointed. There are large tracks, probably male, meaning Renald, leading to the fire, but away from here the foot prints are smaller, probably Deawen's. THat means she wasn't riding anymore, and with no foot prints from Malhock, that means she doesnt have him either."

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17th, 2006, 11:55 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

"Ai, then this does not bode well... at least we know Deawen is still on her feet" Cora pondered aloud. "I wish we could push these horses harder for a while longer, but they have already been pushed enough, especially the wounded one, and only yours is a steed of Rohan."

She crouched down for a moment beside the fire, glancing around the woods silently, listening intently. "I hear nothing... all seems quiet, but unusually quiet..." Her brows furrowed slightly, shadowing her emerald eyes.

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2006, 12:10 am 
Vala
Vala

"We don't want to split up further." Rochnur said slowly. "We would be able to make better time with out all these supplies, and since we would be riding, we might be able to catch up to Daewen."

Rochnur gazed at the sky as he thought. What do we have in our packs?" Asked, almost to himself. "Tools, food, cooking supplies. We can get rid of the cooking suplies and make do with cold food and meat roasted on a stick. What tools would we need? We have a few for fixing small breaks in the wagon. We don't need that either. We can cut down on the food; we have more than enough already. So that leaves us with just a small amount of food...and.....and medicine. We want to keep that. We never know what might happen." Rochnur quickly began to ditch the supplies that he deemed unnecessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2006, 12:18 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Cora nodded in agreement, a slight smile upon her face. "Good thinking... and quick as well." She assisted him in sorting through the items in a quick manner, though careful not to disturb the various precious herbs. "With all this taken care of, each of us shouldering a satchel, the wounded steed will not have to carry anything and we shall get along better, more swiftly, and he should be ready to be ridden in not too long..." She paused for a moment in thought, her mind wandering to how they were to find and retrieve Malhock once again. "Deawen will handle the situation well enough..." she quietly assured herself.

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2006, 2:51 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Renald looked around spotting something that looked like a river hoping that he was right and almost guessed where they were on the map, but that was all he needed to find their escape route. Renald saw a figure in the dark and sighed slightly before riding away from the approaching figure. They rode besides the mountain while Renald tried to spot the place he had been looking for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next