Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Tranquil Sanctuary
PostPosted: January 30th, 2006, 8:58 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Location: In the claws of hell, on the wings of heaven, headed for the brink of distruction.

*~*~*~*~*~*~
'Goodbye mother, father!'

‘Goodbye my darling! Take care!' The young girl’s mother fell into her husbands arms. 'I shall miss her so much Richard.'

'And I too Lillian. I too.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* *~*~*~*~*~

'So where are we headed first?'

'I told you Emily, to Rivendel.'

'Right, Rivendel. Sorry I’m a little anxious. This is my first time setting foot out of Edoras.'

'I can tell.' The elf muttered under her breath. Lúthien had agreed to take a young lad or maiden under her wing and train him or her to become a warrior. She felt as if she regretted this decision, but knew there was no turning back. She spoke to the matter with Elrond, and he agreed to help her with the studies. The she-elf felt she had been through a lot and awaited the rest she would gladly take in at this great elvish sanctuary.

Lúthien had already taught the young lass how to wield a sword, incase of danger on the road ahead.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

'Lúthien!'

‘Emily! Hold on! I’m coming for you.' Lúthien ran faster then her legs would allow her. Pushing each step she took. She had not set a fire in fear of any enemies, and now, now she felt ashamed for not hearing them in the night.

The Edoras maiden of Rohan managed to escape as Lúthien fought, but the orcs had grown and swarmed in around her. Some grew smart of what was afoot and took after the young child. Lúthien was now running to save her pupil, not aware of the grief before her.

She looked ahead and saw that the orcs had come to a stop. Though the thought of Emily’s death had entered her mind, she prayed that they had just lost the sent of her trail. Lúthien pushed harder, and as she came crashing to her knees… she found that she was wrong. She did not shed tears for this child; yet merely, unsheathed her sword, Silmarwen Telrúnya, and fought in her honor.

She fought and fought, and after many misses and hits, many bruises and cuts, she had killed all. At least, all that did not run. For they ran in fear as something most unlikely had happened to Lúthien. They could feel the heat that rose from her body. The heat of anger, but it seemed powerful, and so they fled.

She buried this young lady, and then pressed on.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~

Lúthien was met at the stables by Lord Elrond. The rain had not ceased since the murder of Emily, Maiden of Edoras, yet, not a tear had shed from the she-elf’s eyes. ‘The girl, she is-‘

‘I am heading to my room, I wish for no visitor’s.’

‘Lúthien, please-‘

The Mirkwood elfess fled to her room, escaping the comfort that would flee from Elrond’s lips.

Though the room was warm due to the presence of a welcoming flame, Lúthien’s feelings turned it to the cold weather of outside. She sat on her bed, soaked to the skin; disturbed from her thoughts by the same face that tried to welcome and calm her. ‘You know it is not your fault. What’s done is done. I shall send a messenger to her parents-‘

‘No. I shall leave tomorrow. I made a promise; I betrayed that promise. I shall tell her loved ones what I have failed to do.’

‘Lúthien…’

‘How many actions I have failed to comet shall not be my fault. How many painful, un-resting deeds must I complete till I can gain comfort and peace? I have been to many sanctuaries in my time on this earth, and I tell you now I have not rested in any one of them. Tell me Lord Elrond, how much death’s must I encounter or witness until I am granted my wish?’ She gritted her teeth and clenched her fist. Tears filled the brim of her eyelids, but she did not cry. She did not know how to, or she wished she did not.

She closed her eyes and dropped her head low. Whispering she said, ‘Many have seen and experienced tranquility. I fear I shall not feel this joy, this sanctuary, even in death.

‘Please leave, I wish to gather time and preparation before my long journey tomorrow.’

Elrond nodded in agreement. ‘Hear this; whether you like it or not, I shall send someone to your door at the break of dawn, this person shall go with you.’ He left her to her haunting thoughts.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31st, 2006, 2:33 pm 
Maia
Maia

May I join? By the wy, great text^^
Name : Rhavaniel
Race: High Elf
Hair: raven black

Eyes: shimmering green
Powers: none
Weapons: A bow of the Galahdrim, and the sword of her father
Looks:
Tall with long raven hair. She has sea-green eyes and a pale complexion. Rhavaniel wears mostly green tunics and lofty white shirts, offten with a short white skirt
Pic : http://www.keirapictures.com/albums/Cap ... VD_175.jpg
Personality: Hot tempered, protective, loyal, helpfull, secretive, arrogant
Other : usually paired with Legolas
History : Unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT: ((okay^^))

Rhan swore angrily and rubbed her toe. Ungracefull as she was, she had walked into a closed door. She stood still for a moment, and listend to the sounds that filled Rivendale at night. She closed her eyes for a moment, relishing the sanctury that type of darkness held.
She reached out a slender fingered hand, perfect for grasping a bow, and knocked at the door.
Again she cursed~ herself this time though~ for being so foolish to accept the bid Lord Elrond had asked of her. She was an ambassador after all! Not any old elf. The ambassoder of Mirkwood thank you very much. She was well thought of, and as well as that title, also held the title for chief archeress of the realm. It angered at being used like this, but she had no choice.
It had been blackmail. Pure and simple. Everytime she got out of trouble someone else turned up who had found out her secret, and it began again. But she had discused it with him and they had decided to keep it secret for a while longer.
And that angered her too.
She rapped the door again, her mood becoming more foul by the second.[/i]

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

Last edited by Rhavaniel Falathiel on February 1st, 2006, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 31st, 2006, 3:33 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Location: In the claws of hell, on the wings of heaven, headed for the brink of distruction.

Don't worry she get's more friendly... :)

Lúthien did not sleep at all the previous night. Things of what Emily's parents would say kept running through her head.

'You promised! You said you would protect her! Now look what has happened.'

She could not picture this with out sobs and yells of Emily's mother, echoing in the background.

Lúthien dressed into her dark green, long sleeved tunic. She placed her silver breastplate over top, then her silver headpiece. She tightened her dark brown leather belt where her sword would soon go. She first placed one of her daggers onto the back of her sheathe then fastened it to the belt. After putting on her silver thigh piece, she bent down and tied her boots, after placing her other dagger in the left boot.

After she finished braiding back her hair, Lúthien walked over to the door and turned the knob. Sighing allowed she spoke quickly. ‘I suppose you’re the one he asked. Did go out of your way to help me, let’s just do this and be done with it.’ Lúthien stormed out towards the stable's where their horses awaited. 'Let's go. I wish not have an excuse to leisure about.' Lúthien wished not to be so cold to her, but she feared she would have to deal with another loss.

As she climbed upon her black stallion she took her second glance, since dawn. 'What's your name?'[/i]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2006, 10:33 am 
Maia
Maia

((^^ good, 'cause my charrie is not overly friendly. Perhaps Luthien can help change that))
"I have many. You may call me Silverbow though." she remembered Lord Elronds words "though mylady. she added grabbing the reins of her own stallian~ raven black to match her hair, and temper. She sprang into her saddle, and shouldered her bow. "As for me going out of my way. I already have, and I have done all my life, so there is no need to ask me not to. I was cursed with my life, and I sometimes wish someone would take it from me. Why else do you think I run about trying to get killed?" her voice held anger and regret.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2006, 9:10 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Can i join 2? (this is my 1st rpg thingy or w/e doing this, so bear w/ me!! :confused: )
Name : Sara
Race: Human
Hair: dark brown
Eyes: gray
Powers: none
Weapons: a sword & bow & arrow
Looks: Long dark hair with gray eyes. is very quiet & observant.
Personality: quiet, swift. very keen eyesight (for a mortal) thoughtfull.
History : Sara is (or was) Emily's older sister. (i'm guessing emily was younger than 16? :confused: ) She was very protective of her younger sister.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sara looked at the window at the rising sun. She thought of her sister, Emily. She missed her terribly. But there was comfort in knowing that she was looking at the exact same sunrise on that very same morning.
Of course, she would never tell anyone how much she missed Emily. No, she kept that to herself. She simply went on with normal life....
As she looked at the sun, something caught her eye. 2 horses were riding towards Edoras. She wandered what they were doing here. She thought for a fleeting moment that i might be Emily, but they had just left a few days ago. She wandered who it could be....

"Great art is as irrational as great music. It is mad with its own loveliness."

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2006, 4:25 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

OOC: You are so welcome to join and oh my goodness that is so cool, I never thought of the whole older sister thing, right on! ha ha! Anyways sorry about that, back tot he story.

IC:

Both females had been travleing for a while, they had only stopped to rest the horses and thankfully had not run into any trouble along the way. Lúthien stopped outside of the gate entering into Edoras. She didn't want to go inside, she wanted to stay back in Rivendel and wish the family would never know, but she also knew the longer it took to tell them, the worse it would be. Lúthien looked to her new companion. They hadn't really talked at all those few days, and Lúthien wasn't about to now. If she decided to make friends with this elf she would do it after her task. She gently kicked the thighs of her horse and it slowly walked into Edoras. Trying for a little more time she went to the stables for her horse to be taken care of.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2006, 6:02 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(thanks, i'm glad i could join!!! gald u like the whole big sis thing. :-D like i said, this is my 1st time doing a rpg thingy, so i'm new 2 this. so, wut does OOC & IC mean? :confused: lol Ok, anyway, back to Sara...)
Sara watched, as the two figures entered Edoras, & took their horses to the stables. She wondered who they were, but figured they were of no importance to her. She turned her focus back towards the sunrise. It was almost completly up. She thought of Emily, and sighed. She wondered when she would return. She shook her head, and turned away from the window.
She decided, since she really didn't have anything better to do, to go down to the stables, and meet the two strangers. Then, she'd go on a morning horse ride. she smiled to herself. She loves to ride horses. It was how she got her mind off things. She loved the feeling of her long hair blowing back behind her, as she gallpoed as fast as she could through the fields. Her horse, Estel, and her had a special kind of relationship. they were very close. Sara remembered when she first got Estel. Her & Emily's brother, John, had just been killed by orcs. She was a mess. She thought she was going to lose it. But then, her parents had given her Estel, to try & help her get her mind off of John. She had loved riding ever since. It helped her ease the pain.
Sara had always loved the elves. She was simply fascinated by them. (When Emily had gotten to go off with one, she had secretly been very jealous.) Sara had also taken it upon herself to learn a few words in elvish. One of them was Estel, the elvish word for hope. Since her horse had been the one little bit of hope that she had, she named him Estel.
So Sara made her way down to the stable. She had no idea what was about to happen. But afterwards, she always looked back at that moment, where she had looked out the window, looking at the sunset....

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2006, 7:39 am 
Maia
Maia

Rhan pulled her hood up over her head, and glared daggers at Luthien, patting her horses neck. "I hope this doesnt take that long 'lady'." she growled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2006, 9:06 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

OOC: It means out of character, and IC: means in character.... and I think you’re doing fine on the rping pip&leggyluvr... :) Anywho...

IC:
'Hold your hatred elsewhere, I didn't invite you remember?!' Lúthien directed her glare back; she had no patience for this so she quickly settled her horse. After removing the bridle and saddle, she brushed the creature down and placed a thin blanket over his back then went over to a bucket hanging on the stable gate. Pulling out a carrot and two sugar cubes, she treated her horse then closed the gate behind her as she left. She then walked over to Rhan and waited as she was almost done with her beast.

Lúthien's ears twitched, she turned around to see a young girl standing there smiling slightly. Emily She immediately thought There eyes were the same, but the face was different. She tried to shrug it off, thinking she was hallucinating, but even when she convinced herself she was losing it a strange feeling still remained.

Lúthien didn't say a word, only assuming the girl was about to introduce herself anyway. So she simply waited for her to speak.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2006, 11:00 am 
Maia
Maia

"And I didnt ask to come along." Rhan snapped, listning to the newcommer without loking. "So leave me to my hatred, and *you* lady have no right to tell me what to or what not to do."

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2006, 4:00 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

O, ok that makes sense. thatnks! i've always liked writing, so this isn't really hard or anything....it just takes sum getting used 2. :-D anyway....
Sara just stood there, staring at the two... they were elves. She couldn't believe it. It was kind of strange to be standing there, watching two elves; two people of the race that she had so long admired. But the thing that was even weirder, (sp?) was that one of them looked...familiar. She stood there trying to remember, but she just couldn't seem to. And then it hit her. This was the elf that had gone with Emily!
She swung around, expecting to see Emily right behind her, getting ready to sneak up on her & yell "Surprise!" But there was nobody there. She slowly turned back to the two elves. She must have been mistaken. But there was no mistaking it. This was definately the elf who had gone with her.
"Emily," she said quietly; so quietly, that not even the elves' sharp ears could hear her. "Emily," she said again, louder this time. "Emily!" she was nearly shouting now. She force herself to calm down. She looked directly into the eyes of the elf. Her voice was full of emotion. "Where is my sister?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2006, 4:36 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rhan snorted into her saddle bag "Where I come from you say 'Good day'." She knew she was being unresnable, but she couldnt help it. She was here, and she didnt want to be. Now, they would have to suffer her temper for a while."Or is 'Emily' a greeting amounst the women and men of the Mark?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2006, 4:40 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Sara gritted her teeth. "Stay out of this!" she snapped, her anger growing. She turned to the other elf. "Emily...My sister. Where is she? Tell me!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2006, 8:06 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Lúthien sighed, she glared at Rhan , she wasn't making it any easier, but what was she too expect. She sighed and scratched her head. 'Well,' She began to say not looking directly into the girls eyes. Oh how she wanted to run, not deal with more hatered soon to come. 'Emily... Emily is..' Tears welled up but she refused to let them fall. She turned around so she no longer faced the girl, hopeing it would make it easier... She spoke again. Emilies not here, Emily...' She couldn't do it she had to face her! She quickly whiped around and looked into the young girls eye's.

'Emily's dead. She died while on our way to Rivendel, orcs... I was almost there, but I didn't make it in time... I'm sorry.' Her gaze dropped to her feet and tears fell from her closed eye's. It was done, but only to her sister, she had yet to tell the girls parents. Once again she was sure there would be no Tranquil Sanctuary here.l

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2006, 8:22 am 
Maia
Maia

Rhan clicked her toung behing her teeth "Oh how polite and happy we are today." she hissed insulted to the bones "And I never new this was about some mortal girl, who's death YOU are responsible for 'mylady'."

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2006, 4:53 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Sara just stood there, dumbfounded. She couldn’t bring herself to believe it. Emily….dead? No, it must be a different Emily. It had to be! Yeah, a different Emily. Definitely NOT her little sister. But as she stood there, the cold, hard truth hit her. Emily, her beloved little sister, was dead.
An explosion of emotions washed over Sara, nearly knocking her to her feet. She had to grab on to the wall of the stable to keep her steady. Shock, Anger, Hatred, Pain, Fear, and lastly….Sorrow. Tears welled up in her eyes. She tried to force herself not to cry, but she couldn’t help it. Tears slid down her cheeks. Suddenly, she snapped. She jumped up.
“How could you do this!?!?” she demanded, “How could you let this happen?! You promised to take care of her!!! You promised!!!” Sara was beside herself. Her little sister….Emily. “I trusted you!!! I didn’t want her to go, but Mom & Dad said you could take of her!! You said she would be fine!!! Is this what you meant by fine!?!?!” Sara sunk back down to floor, and started to cry. “I…I never got to tell her…” she said through her tears, “I never got to t..tell her, how much I cared about her…..how much I loved her.” She buried her head in her hands, and started to cry harder and harder, until she was bawling.