Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stark and forbidding......
PostPosted: March 11th, 2006, 3:00 pm 
Ent
Ent

Ok this is a rp a few years after the WOR, Aragorn is king blady blady blady lol.

here's my character profile:

Name: Aldea Lothen
Race: Human/Man
Appearance: Dirty blonde hair & grey eyes, small petit build, light and easy on her feet. Avoids wearing dresses if possible, tends to wear a forest green tunic, brown pants and a brown hooded cloak that helps her camouflage.
Personality: Kind and caring, finds it hard around strangers, quiet but has a fiery temper if reached to that point.
Family: An orphan as her mother died when she was 17yrs, no record of father or other siblings.
Weapons: A bow and quiver or arrows, also a small dagger that her mother gave her.
History: Born and raised by her mother on a small farm and cottage to the east of the Fangorn forest, helped out on the farm with the animals, also went to the market every weekend in Edoras where she learnt the skill of the bow and arrow from a travelling Mirkwoodian elf.
Mother died when she was 17, she then moved to the city of Minas Tirith to live with her aunt and uncle who owned a inn within the city.
The inn was stark and forbidding, standing alone at the bottom of the city, Aldea soon learns of her Uncles’ strange trade, in blacker secrets still. Suspicions increase as she gets drawn into it, soon becoming a spy and an assassin playing a game of cat and mouse with her uncle and his fellow friends.

right ok

-------

It was a cold grey day in late November. The weather had changed overnight, with a backing wind brought a granite sky and a mizzling rain with it, and although it was now only a little after 2 o'clock in the afternoon, the pallour of a winter evening seemed to have closed upon the hills, cloaking them in mist. It would be dark by 4. The air was clammy cold, and for all the tightly closed windows it penetrated the interior of the coach. The leather seats felt damp to the hands, and there must have been a small crack in the roof, because now and again a drop of water fell like a splodge of ink. The wind came in gusts, at times shaking the coach as it travelled round the bend of the road, and in the exposed places on the high ground it blew with such force that the whole body of the coach trembled and swayed, rocking between the high wheels like drunken man.
Aldea Lothen sat alone in a corner away from the other passengers, where the trickle of water oozed through the crack in the roof, somtimes falling onto her shoulder, which she brushed away with impatient fingers.
At Edoras where she had first joined the travelling stagecoach, she trod famillier ground, so many childish memories clung to Edoras and the small farm she had lived on with her now desceased mother.
The weekly drive to the market, always on her own whilst her mother tended to the chores on the farm. Folk in Edoras were friendly and the name Lothen was known and respected through the whole of Rohan, Aldea's mother had had a hard fight against her life, and there was not many women who had lived alone as she did, with the one child and the farm to tend, with the thought of never taking a man. It was the hard work of the farm that told upon her in the end, for she would not spare hersef, and, though she had driven and flogged her hard work, she could now stand up to the strain when the last test came, and her heart went from her. Aldea sighed and looked up and around the dingy little room on wheels, she was alone now, left in the eerie dark to travel onwards the the city.

------

And anyone can join....

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2006, 3:02 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Name: Avari Aras
Eye Colour: Grey
Hair: Golden Blonde
Age: She lied about it so many times she started beliving herself (In other words she doesn't know)
Build: Quite tall, very thin but not exactly too thin.
Brought up: In rivendale for sometime and in gondor for a while before her parents were murdred
Horse: Lut'Say
Animals: Nathron: Black Husky,
Weapons: Sword: Jet Black, with a white hilt
Quiver of arrows: Green and silver
Arrows: Green and Silver.
Other: She doesn't tell many people anything about herself. You'll just have to gain her trust before she tells you anything near the truth...

Can I join?

Just for you...

I'm a Leak. But if I was a Chicken I think I'd be a pink one. NOT A BLACK ONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2006, 3:08 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sure you can - i'm going offline now so i'll post 2moz!

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2006, 3:15 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

I'll join bio: http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/vie ... 39071b8a6e

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2006, 3:18 pm 
Maia
Maia

Name known by : Arrow or Wildcat (Cat)
Race : Elf
Looks : stunningly pretty, long black hair, hypnotic green eyes, tall, athletic
Prefered weapons : Bow/arrows, knives
Other: Kinfe expert, champion archer when she was younger
Reason for crimes : Family is in need of money, as they where banished from their city.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2006, 3:18 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Light hoof beets followed Aldea on her long journey. Avari trotted her black stallion along, watching the weeles. Following them.

Just for you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2006, 3:21 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Meanwile, at Edoras, Eruriana was being trained with the sword, she had grown up in Edoras, even though she was an elf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2006, 3:24 pm 
Maia
Maia

A black stallion rode up to the gates. "Hush Raunien." its rider soothed, reaching down to pat the wild horses neck. She straightend and walked him into Edoras, her shimmering black hair catching the wind like silk and fluttered all about her. She was glad to be shot of Gondor.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 11th, 2006, 3:28 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Lut'Say snorted and cantered up to the other stallion, ears pinned back.
"Lut'Say." Avari said softly.

Just for you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2006, 10:51 am 
Ent
Ent

((guys i'm heading towards Gondor not Edoras!))

Aldea was soon pulled out of her daydreams and memories as the coach was pulled to a halt, the candle in the corner had burnt down to a pathetic yellow flame that barely gave of heat let alone light.
Aldea sat up, as she heared shuffling about as the driver jumped down, and then lifted down her trunk, she heared the door handle click and watched it swing open.
"here you arm m'am" he said with a gruff tone, Aldea stepped out of the dingy stagecoach, feeling gratefull for the fresh air, she looked up and noticed that the driver had stopped outside the gates of the city, immediatly she turned to demand why he hadn't gone right in, but he had already climbed back on top of his coach.
"Begging your pardon m'am but i have to leave right away if i wish to reach Osgilith before morning" he replied to her reaction, and with that he rippled the reins and the horses started forward.
Aldea sighed, she picked up the end of her trunk and dragged it along to the gates. She lifted her hand and knocked 3 times, her heart pounding against her rib cadge.
"Who goes there?" came a voice from within, Aldea gulped before replying.
"I'm the neice of Cyst Meyln - Aldea Lothen my name is" she called back; it went silent, and cold wind had started up again, she pulled her cloak up and around her to keep it out, she was thankful when she heared the gates slowly open before her. She stepped in where she was greeted by a soilder.
"I suppose you'll be wanting directions for The Merchants inn?" he asked kindly, Aldea nodded as she tried to rest her trunk.
"Here let me take that, i'll show the way" he said taking her trunk, she smiled gratefully as he led her to her Uncle's Inn.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2006, 1:24 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Avari looked around the city. Her grey eyes took inmany of the details. Lut'Say watched Aldea go past and wickered softly to her.

Just for you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 12th, 2006, 6:03 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Eruriana finnished her training for the weak. Now she was free to travel for a month. I think I'll go to gondor, Eruriana thought, I hope Legolas is there visiting Aragorn, I haven't seen him in a while.

Now Erura started off on her travel, riding her trusting black mare, Fuin, and with her dear eagle, Hen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 13th, 2006, 1:43 pm 
Ent
Ent

Aldea reached a medium looking building, she stood at the end of a small path with a broken gate, she turned round to face the soilder, he smiled weakly.
"This is your stop, the Merchants Inn" he said placing her trunk down, she smiled gratefully.
"Thankyou uh-"
"Golradir" he replied, she smiled.
"Thankyou Goldradir" she said bowing her head.
"Your welcome, but please take my word of warning, the Merchants Inn has had bad goings on, and it's no place for a girl like you, just stay on your guard" he said placing a metal clad hand on her shouler, she looked at him in the eyes, and right away she knew what he ment, she smiled gratefully.
"Thankyou Sir, but i'll be sure to keep myself from harm" and with that she turned, picking up her case and walking down the rambling old path to the front of the Inn.
She turned back to wave good bye to Golradir but he - like many others didn't like to stick around and had left, she sighed and raised her hand and knocked on the door, the peeling blue paint crumbling with each hit.
From within the Inn Aldea could hear shuffling, and the unbolting of the door, the door then slowly opened, the wood scraping on the flagstones.
A middle aged man stood there, stooping slightly, a rugged face, with one blue eye and one green, it would have looked attractive if it wasn't for the lopsided mouth and ragged hair; the man stood surveying Aldea for a moment before speaking.
"Oh it's you, well i think you had best come in" he said in a gruff voice.
She stepped in through the door, a strong smell of burning peat, burning her nose, and watering her eyes.
"Vanadessë! the girls here!" he shouted up the stairs, making Aldea jump slightly. Above shuffling was heared, a slight bang and then feet on the stairs as a small dainty figure slowly made her way down; the frail Aunt Vanadesse stood before Aldea, who for some reason pitied the woman, her old locks had turned grey and lifeless, and she looked frightened and twitchy.
"Aldea, Aldea Lothen, the daughter of my dead sister?" the woman stammered, moving forward and clinging onto Aldea's arm like a leech.
"Yes Aunt Vanadesse, it's me" she replied softly as the old woman broke down into tears.

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2006, 1:31 pm 
Ent
Ent

((lol i can tell this is slow going - sorry peeps i'll move it onto the next day or somthing))

Aldea woke that morning, her uncles warnings still ringing in her ears, slowly she climbed out of bed and pulled on her clothes, she then went to the window and looked out, she could see that her room was situated over the porch, and that she had a great view of the courtyard below. She sighed and walked out of her room, closing the door quietly behind her.
Aldea walked into the smoky kitchen, it was empty, so she started by getting herself some bacon from the pan; by the time she had finished her Aunt had come back formt he chicken run, she smiled weakly.
"Your Uncle has gone for a few days, it's just me and you" she said gently, Aldea smiled back.
"How wonderfull" she replied drying her plate, Aunt Vanadessë smiled as she busied herself around the stove.
"Of course he still expects that the Inn runs properly, and you can help, go to market maybe" she rambled on, Aldea nodding occasionally.
"Of course, if you wish i'll go to the makret now, i need to explore and find myself around the city" she replied, her Aunt smiled.
"If you could, i just need a few things, meat, sugar, vegatables" she listed off each thing.
"That's if you don't mind!" she said swiftly, Aldea smiled and placed her hands on her Aunts hands.
"Of course not, it's what i'm here for!" she said, she then walked out of the kitchen and picked up her cloak from the hook besides the door and left with a purse full of money and an empty basket.
The maket was busy, and it reminded Aldea of the market at Edoras, the people pushing past, peering at stalls, children running round screaming and laughing, sellers yelling out prices, for a moment she felt homesick....

</center>