Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2006, 4:54 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Alynia watched Arandil as he ran to aid his sister. She smiled and swung herself onto her bay stallion's back. Falasephales sniffed the air before weaving through the dense trees to watch what commotion had followed Arandil's questioning. Forna stopped beside the stallion and shook her shaggy coat free of fallen leaves before sitting down.

A light clink sounded around the clearing as Alynia dismounted from her faithful stead. Falasephales early snorted and bent his long neak down to forage among the green leaves of the forest floor. Alynia tightened her strap that held her Bow and Quiver securly to her back. Forna looked around with her bright, keen eyes. She stood up as Alynia dismounted and wagged her tail a few times before eyeing each figure in turn. They stopped on Cora. She growled
"Forna, I've told you." Alynia started laying a hand on the collies head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2006, 9:55 am 
Vala
Vala

The Great Gate of Minas Anor loomed overhead, and Hadhorion stared in awe for several minutes, until the guards had to ask him to continue forward, as he was obstructing the road. The stonework was like that in Fornost, but on a much grander scale, and far more beautiful. He dismounted, leading Tarannon further into the city. The slopes of Mount Mindolluin shone, the snow reflecting the sunlight, creating a beautiful effect for the ancient city. He noticed a great banner billowing above a watchtower, the Seven Stars and the White Tree seeming to ripple. It was a beautiful sight.

[Note: For those who haven't realized it yet, the White Tower has not been built yet, so there is no Tower of Ecthelion at this point.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2006, 12:16 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

[agreed with Aerandir, still some 470 years to go....]

After a longer search for those he trusts Ingold found the few of his men from the battalion that he seeked for. With each one he talked in silence and giving them warning to take heed of themselfs. Many were stricken with awe by the news of Ohtarion's death and the fact that the houses of Osgiliath are not safe anymore.

After completing the task that was ment to be done in the first place, Ingold returned to his regular duties of patroling the streets of Minas Anor. His gaze was stern and his step firm and determined as he walked with two men from his battalion named Randarion and Derufin. Randarion was of a somewhat taller built then Ingold but also a very stout man with broad shoulders, dark hazel eyes and brown hair. Derufin, a well skilled archer and scout was of Ingold's built and his clear green eyes watched the surroundings carefully.

The sun was begining to set as they ventured from the second level to the first one, a few words exchanged between them for most things were said and done before they set out.

The paved streets radiated with warmth and Ingold held his helmet underneath his arm for the weather was pleasent and he enjoyed the sun. Many faces Ingold knows as the city is not so vastly populated like Osgiliath and yet he beheld many new faces at the same time.

As they approached the main gate of the first level, not far from the Guesthouse Ingold stopped with his stride as he noticed a new stranger abroad but this one was not clad in any Gondorian fashion though there was some resemblence seen to a keen eye.

He noticed the browns and greens, the same colors of the rider he beheld on the plain before he entered the city. The certainty of it being the same rider gave away his steed.

With a brief glance cast to his two companions Ingold walked down towards the newcomer from afar and Derufin and Randarion walked a step behind him.

"Greetings, stranger from afar!" Ingold called out to the man he did not know the name off "How can we be of service to you if you are in need of any?" he added in a firm but still friendly voice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2006, 1:57 am 
Vala
Vala

Hearing someone calling to him, Hadhorion stirred from surveying the surrounding city, to see three men striding towards him. The one in the middle, a little in front of the others, seemed to be the leader. He gave a brief bow. "Directions to a worthy inn in this city would be appreciated," he replied. "I am merely visiting the Southern Kingdom, thinking maybe to find a place in its ranks." He glanced around again. "How goes it with the King? From what I heard on the journey, it bodes ill for him, but I do not make a habit of believing those who hear from those who heard it from someone else."

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2006, 11:22 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

While firmly planting his feet infront of the newcomer Ingold eyed the stranger for a moment before replying in a kind and helpful manner but still his awareness did not lessen.

"There are many valuable inns in this great place milord. One is just down the Lampwrights' street down yonder" he nodded over his shoulder behind him.

"As for the information about the king and his health...." he sighed and approached the man closer while lowering his voice so only he could hear it. "Not many good tidings can be expected. He is getting spent." A low murmur formed the words as Ingold's eyes bent this way and that.

Randarion and Derufin remained steady behind Ingold and their gaze also strained around but mostly it was set on the newcomer to the city.

Ingold stepped back slightly and firmed his voice while a slight hint of a pleasent smile lingered on his face "May I aquire your name milord? I rarely have the fashion of adressing new folk I meet as strangers."

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2006, 2:31 am 
Vala
Vala

"Ah, forgive me," Hadhorion said. "I am Hadhorion, Ranger of Arthedain. May I inquire after your name, my lord?" He glanced around, noticing the Lampwright's street, and had a passing thought wondering whether the Ale could compare with what was available in Arthedain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2006, 7:55 am 

OOC: Veeery sorry, been some exhausting couple of days./OOC

Alaria had been taken entirely by surprise as the arrow found its way in course of the nearby tree. It was not a wonder, though, that the first contemplation of hers was that of ambush, and so she immediately took a few steps in reverse as yet one more person, a man, joined them. She still kept a firm hold about the dagger, knowing that her bow was not accessible (for it lay indeed at the side of the fallen stag). Not many moments passed, at least not enough for Alaria to entirely comprehend what had happened, before her brother swept in between her and the two strangers.
Lowering her dagger, she stayed behind Arandil, allowing herself, even so, to see in which way the conflict was turning. To learn that the cloaked figure certainly was an Elf was of no surprise to Alaria. She did not, however, trust either of the strangers to any further extent because of that, but as the mystery of the Elf was no longer such, she took a light hold of her brother’s free arm and stepped up next to him.
“Ara...” she spoke as if though she requested for him to lower his blade. She did not want to seem as a threat, but nor did she want to appear naive and carefree. Awkward was the silence that followed, odd too, thought she.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2006, 9:52 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Alynia watched Alaria with a slight smile on her face. She shook back her long hair.
"You could cut the tention here with a spoon.2 She said quietly. Forna barked his aggreement.
"Protective brother too." She said almost to herself.
She smiled. Her dark eyes swept over the clearing and stopped upon Alaria and her brother. She smiled at them before swinging herself onto Falasphales's back to watch the procedings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2006, 11:09 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Of course lord Hadhorion..." Ingold replied while inclining his head in a respectful manner towards one of the men of the Northern Kingdom "...my name is Ingold, son of.... Ohtarion. Captain of the 42nd Batallion of Minas Anor at your service milord!" a strange and almost pained glance crossed his face as Ingold mentioned his fathers name that is no more.

After a moment he managed to regain his composure from the faltered gaze and motion towards the two behind him "and these are my comrades, Randarion and Derufin, trustful soldiers of my regiment" Ingold spoke, but the level of firmness in his voice faltered.

"May I enquire to what honor do we get the visit from one of our brothers from the north, lord Hadhorion?" curiousity was on Ingold's face by that time for rare are the visits from the former mighty kingdom of Arnor

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2006, 11:26 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

((Sorry.))

Last edited by Rochil Undómë on April 15th, 2006, 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2006, 2:15 pm 

OOC: Rochil, you can't just... jump from one place to another. Be consequent and be patient. Either you delete your past posts and join anew, introducing your character again, or you wait until you can post again where you originally started. But don't just jump to another place because you think it's boring. This's all a part of role-playing. /OOC

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2006, 4:37 pm 
Istari
Istari

(sorry, have been away for three days)

Rinhilion was beginning to tire as the day turned into night when he heard footsteps approach from his left. He quickly stood to attention holding the spear in front.
He quickly glanced to his left to see two heavily armoured guards flanking a young man in graceful armour and a dark red cape. The man wore no helmet and had neat cropped hair. The guards were at least a head taller then the man of aparent noble blood. They both wore elegant helmets, covering most of their face.
The ensemble approached Rinhilion and stoped before him. Rinhilion spoke as he had done many times before.
"Who goes there?"
The man raised an eyebrow.
"I am Prince Eldacar noble guardsman. I have come to see my father."
This was the first time he had seen the prince and didn't recognise him. He stammered.
"Ah... well... Of course my lord."
He quickly opened the door and bowed.
"Appologies for the mistake my lord, I did not recognise you."
The prince smiled as he walked in.
"It is no trouble. You were doing your duty to my father."
He turned to his body guard.
"Wait outside."
They both nodded and stood at the either side of the door. Eldacar went inside and Rinhilion closed the door. The two body guards took off their helmets and sighed together.
"Never ridding that far again..."
They walked further down the hallway for some privacy and Rinhilion was left alone to guard the room again.

(Hope this is OK)

[!*#_:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2006, 8:58 am 
Vala
Vala

At the Gondorian's question, Hadhorion's smile lessened slightly. It was not as great as it should be, the trade between the countries - once it had been beautifully great, if half the tales were true. "I have come to journey in the South," he replied, "and to see what there is to see, and maybe to ride with the warriors of Gondor for a time. May I enquire as to your place among them?" He had already realised that Ingold was an officer, but unsure how similar the rank-markings of Gondor and Arthedain were, he didn't want to make assumptions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2006, 10:29 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

After hearing Hadhorion's words, Ingold's face grew slightly grim and lowcast. He then let out a sigh after spending a few moments to think before turning his glance to his two comrades.

"Derufin, Randarion. You continue with the patrol down to the Ironforger street and back up to the third level. I will need some time here with our guest. I will join in swiftly"

"Aye captain!" replied Randarion "If there is any need for us, be sure to send out word at once" after giving a slight nod in departure towards Hadhorion, both men left with an even paced stride.

Ingold turned his gaze back to Hadhorion and lowered his voice "Im affraid not much good can be seen lately in these parts, no matter how fair and strong they may forcome to a traveler from afar. I do not know if the tidings came to the North but the mighty land that I consider my home is getting devided slowly." his gaze strained from side to side and finnaly got fixed on the stout man infront of him.

"We are always welcome to greet new and skilled men into our ranks but unfortunately these things cannot be spoken openly in the streets. Come! I believe that lord Hadhorion desires for some refreshment after the long and weary ride. Let us discuss these matters over a pint" a slight but friendly smile had lurked on Ingold's face and in his grey eyes as he motioned down the street towards the Old Guesthouse

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 17th, 2006, 12:22 pm 

OOC: Just a note. I've been extremely busy lately (unfortunately) and it seems as though tulk is too. So things will probably be a bit slow until either of us gets more time on our hands. Promise you it'll speed up sometime in the nearest future./OOC

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 18th, 2006, 4:29 am 
Vala
Vala

Hadhorion smiled as he saw the sign above the door. Indeed, refreshment was desirable after his ride. He followed the officer into the tavern, pausing a moment to let his eyes adjust from bright sunlight to less-bright candle and firelight, though there were windows letting in light, too. "I'm assuming that you come here often enough to know which one is their best, so I'll take whatever you're having," he said to Ingold, all the while glancing around the room. It was not all that different from taverns in the North, though he should have expected that. However, it was a little brighter. They had more sunlight in the South.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next