Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 18th, 2006, 2:29 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Ingold glanced over his shoulder as Hadhorion spoke the words and let out a slight chuckle while shaking his head "Nay milord! Im not that often here I'm affraid, but that does not mean I still dont remember a good tasting brew when I see one" with that he walked up to the bar counter
"Merdil, two pints of Blackroot if you could spare" Ingold said to the man who was obviously the master of the Inn. Swiftly the two pints were tapped and Ingold carried them back towards Hadhorion.

"Come, let us take a seat" he cast a nod towards one of the tables that had been empty and somewhat separated from the rest. As he took a seat and placed one of the mugs infront of Hadhorion he let out a sigh while rubbing his forehead after placing his helmet on the chair beside him.

After a moment of some severed thought he took a sip from the mug and returned his glance towards his guest sitting opposite from him

"What news from the North milord?" Ingold asked in a low murmur more like a regular question then the one he wishes to know the answer to. He watched for Hadhorion's each reaction and expression as he awaited for his answers and possible questions

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2006, 5:16 am 
Vala
Vala

Taking a drink, Hadhorion paused before answering, wiping the white froth from around his mouth. "Araphor has led us to mostly victories against the evil of Angmar, though I feel that we will not live to see the end of this long war. We of Arthedain are on friendly terms with the Elves, and exchange much between us, but they too live under threat of attack, and it is far too long a journey for them to help us in every onslaught, so they bide their time until a large attack comes, and we desperately require their assistance, for which I cannot blame them, but sometimes I wonder why they do not just make an outpost around Rhudaur or Cardolan. Elrond of Rivendell has no large force to help us, only sufficient to defend his haven. We are alone, save for Gondor." He took another swallow from the mug, then continued. "But, as I have said, we are reasonably victorious against them, otherwise I would never have come south. Indeed, if I hear that my brethren are under attack, I shall return to them, to die under our banner, if need be." He could tell that the Gondorian was watching him closely, but it mattered little to him. He cared little for politics or intrigues, and ignored them all, if someone tried to catch him up in them, and he would do the same here, if an attempt was made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2006, 2:27 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Presently, a group of men reached the fort city of Minas Ithil, rushing through the gates with all haste. The five men who had fought against the winged beast of Mordor had met up with scouting brethren a couple of leagues form Minas Ithil and together the seven men now reached the city. One of the men bore a terrible wound to his right leg and his ribs were mostly broken, he along with another were stretchered into the city. Another of the soldiers wore a bandage around his head but he was healthy enough to march.

As they entered the city, the wounded were rushed to the houses of healing whilst a commanding officer marched up toward the collossal man who had previously slain the beast.
The man, noticing his superior approach made a hasty salute.
'Hrothgar, report.' The swarthy officer retorted, failing to respond to the salute.
'We encountered the beast...' Hrothgar began before being cut off...
'Is that a fact? Perhaps you can explain why half of your men are fighting for thier lives in the houses of healing!?' The officer sneered.
'We... Underestimated it sir. The Beast has been defeated... It was like nothing we have ever encountered.'
'Well I'm sure it wasn't, perhaps if you spent less time drinking with the dwarves then you would of seen this coming and maybe even been able to stop it critically wounding four of the king's men! You might even smell better for it!'
Hrothgar simmered with anger from below. Master Sergeant Gates had been Hrothgar's commanding officer for four years, the man was miniscule in comparison to Hrothgar yet he never failed to make Hrothgar feel the smaller of the two. '... yes sir.'

'Well I guess your luck is in today Hrothgar. The Steward has requested an audience with you and your men... if any are alive. You are to leave at once.' With that Gates departed, not giving Hrothgar a chance to reply.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2006, 4:41 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

After hearing the not so pleasent news from the North Ingold let out a burdened sigh while swooping over his mug. His fingers played with the handle as his gaze, now seemingly troubled and filled with sadness, traveled from the mug's content back to Hadhorion.

"Indeed those are heavy tidings" Ingold spoke with a lowered but friendly voice "I've heard the news that come from the north here and there, seemingly they were true and it saddens me to hear them. If it was in my command I would've gathered a good army worthy of coming to your aid. Unfortunately that is not my decision to make, I could make it.... but most likely I would not live through the night" his voice lowered to a deepend murmur as he spoke out the last words with a grim gaze in his eyes. "That sacrifice I would commit without any hasitation but I'm affriad you will recieve no army still, atleast not yet"

Ingold took then a long sip from the mug and with a slight grimmace of his face let it back down on the table "But still, Im glad you fight strong milord. You have my respect indeed for through your words I can see you are an honorable man and a good warrior" he spoke to to him while glancing at him

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2006, 10:29 am 
Vala
Vala

"Thank you, my lord," Hadhorion said in acknowledgment of the compliment. "Indeed, I wish we had had an army of Gondorians and Elves twenty-three years ago, when Amon Sûl fell, though I was but a lad. That great Tower served us well, and now it is one less defence against the evil that now is in Angmar. But reasons for not coming to our aid doubtless only the King and his advisors know. However, that is a matter beyond me. I am only a simple Ranger." His mug finished, Hadhorion motioned to the innkeeper for a refill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2006, 11:26 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Ingold nodded to the spoken words and drained his mug fully alike before motioning for a refill alike.

"We will never understand the reasons and the councils of those higher above us" he spoke through a murmur after the inn keeper left them with the filled up mugs "all we can do is to follow them and to trust them. It may seem folly sometimes but we need to hope they lead us to a good cause in the end"

After pausing a longer moment as he glanced around, Ingold returned his gaze to Hadhorion thus speaking in a low tone only audiable to the man infront of him
"But what to do when a man does not know which leader to trust and which to follow, what to do when silently the once strong land becomes separated into two? And when even conflicts break out...and even deaths..." his voice trailed off as he looked to the man who was passing by their table. He waited and then returned his glance to the man infront "What then milord?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2006, 2:19 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

[*nudges it up a bit in case people forgot that this still exists*]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2006, 9:11 am 

Hey all.
Miremiel and I are working hard to get this RPG back up again. It's not ready to be posted in, however, so I'm going to temporarily lock it. Don't be alarmed- as soon as all the kinks are sorted out, it'll be back and flourishing!

Kudos to Kitoky for the fabulous signature set, and art credit to engelszorn.
Who wants to join me in bringing back the lady?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5