Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 9th, 2024, 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Houses of Healing (All are welcome!)
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 12:38 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

(Okay, I'm going to try to use a new charrie and see how this turns out.)

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Names: Hiralir

Race: Gondorian with a tinge of elf

Siblings: Niralir

Personality: A hot temper, but can be kind, gentle, and funny.

Occupation: A Healer, a smithy (when no one is looking), and a warrior.

Companion: Firalas, a young mountain eagle.

History: Being the second born, her parents never wanted her when she was born, so they abandoned her and then left to go to Rohan and had left her to die. Thankfully, a scout was patrolling the woods one day and found her, though she was dying of starvation and dehydration, he brought her back to Gondor and nursed her back to health. Now, she lives in the Houses of Healing, where the Master Healer had taken her in as his adopted daughter.

Appearance: Tall and slender, but this maiden of healing was not one to be trifled with. She reached a height of just a hair under six feet, coming from her Elven bloodline. Fiery red locks sprawled down onto her shoulders, standing out vividly against her crystalline blue eyes and her pallid, yet beautiful complexion. She had a love of music and reading and when she could not be found helping the injured and sick in the Houses of Healing, she was usually found residing in a secluded place, playing an instrument, singing to herself, some called her "Dialin no Virimir" which translated into "Voice of Beauty," and sometimes she could be found just reading a book. She wore a royal blue dress, outlined by a silver hemming most of the time, with brown sandals adorning her feet. When there was rumors of a battle, she would put on her armor, a silver chainmail skirt with flecks of blue, made of dragon scales which she had crafted herself and an emerald green breastplate, with a crimson vine design worked into the metal. [/font]

(I think that's enough for one post, I'll post the plot and such in the next one :lol: )

Jesus: *Pokes Satan* Is it...Alive?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 12:54 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

*waits for plot*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 12:58 pm 
Istari
Istari

Character name: Rhayader
Race: Human (Gondor, Ranger)
Weapons: Bow and short sword
Appearance: Long scruffy brown hair, brown eyes, hardened face, unshaven chin. Wears a green hooded cloak and leather armour.
Background: A master ranger, one of the best at hiding himself in the undergrowth and the trees. He was not involved in the war of the ring but became a ranger after his father was killed in Ithilien and his mother killed in Minas Tirith. He took the deaths badly and since then he has become rather reclusive.

[!*#_:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 1:03 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Setting: Gondor

Time: Sunrise in winter, in the Fourth age

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hiralir stood at the edge of the stony steps that led into the Houses, a chilled wind seemed to be blowing that morning in the fair city of Gondor. The sun was just beginning to peak over the tall, ice-capped spires that had been dubbed "The Misty Mountains" over the many ages of Middle-Earth.

Hiralir shivered, the wind brushing against her dress which made it billow to each side. She then pulled her hair back into a bun, revealing her slightly pointed ears. She realeased a sharp, troubled sigh. She had grown to love this place over the years, but she could not rinse the bloody image from her mind, the day that her parents had abandoned her in the woods near the falls of Rauros and that was what made it hard to feel fully peaceful there. She remembered nearly starving to death, the day the Uruks had almost captured her when she was left alone there.
"Uruks...?" she spoke to herself aloud, for hardly anyone had arisen yet, the whole city seemed still, as if it were holding it's breath. "What were Uruks doing near Gondor?" And she drifted off into thought, rumors of war had been growing. But how could that be? Sauron had been destroyed nearly half a century ago... Who else could have taken his place?

She stood there for a long while, contemplating to herself and then a melodic tune crept forth from her lips, but she minded herself to remain quiet, so she would not disturb anyone.[/font]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 1:05 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

(YAY! People actually came! :lol: )

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 1:21 pm 
Istari
Istari

From just below where she stood, sat a ranger on the flat roof of a building, he was slowly sharpening a sword with a rock and wiping it on his sleeve when he followed the song and took it up, in a somewhat less tuneful or more murmered style. He kept his back to where the first voice had come from and kept murmering the song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 1:25 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

[font=Arial, sans-serif]She leaned forward and then straightened as she caught sight of Rhayader and gave a polite smile, waving gently as was her habit that she had adopted over the years. She then contemplated whether to go over and talk to him... "No, to straight forward." She thought to herself, she then turned and vanished into the House to tend to some of the sick and the injured.

"Rhianir," she gave a gentle smile, taking her place beside the young man that had been injured in a battle and had become ill by infection. "How are you this morning, dear Rhianir?"
"Better than I was, lady," Rhianir murmured sleepily, letting out a loud cough. "It is still sore, though." Hiralir bent over, reaching for a small vial of emerald green liquid. She took it in one hand and a wooden bowl in another, she then put in some Athelas leaves and mixed it together. She then rolled down the blanket, rubbing it gently across his bare shoulder where there was a deep, knife wound. The wound had dried mostly but still trickled with a little blood, but as she put the mixture on it seemed to blot up at it's touch.
"It may sting for a while," Hiralir said to him, "but it should help the wound the rest of the way."
"Thank you for everything, milady." Rhianir said to her, placing his hand on hers. "I would be truly lost without you." Hiralir smiled in return, and with a gentle nod, she stood up and walked out again.

"Good morning, Hiralir," she turned to see the Master Healer standing in the doorway, "where are you off to?"
"To get some more Athelas from the garden," she bowed courteously, "I shall return in a little while." He smiled at her and then stepped aside. She passed him with a smile and carefully walked down the steps and walked off towards the Gardens. As she was walking, she passed Rhayader and nodded politely at him and then disappeared around the corner.
[/font]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 1:30 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Note: You can tell I like to talk... ALOT! :lol:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 1:36 pm 
Istari
Istari

He smiled and nodded back, not wanting to act like a total recluse. He slowly rose to his feet and came down from the roof top walking up to the House of Healing where a soldier he knew barely lay. He was at the battle that brought the soldier back. He kept his distance and leaned against a pillar, sheathing his sword, and watching him, from out of his view point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 1:42 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Rhianir looked to Rhayader with a glazed expression, but he recognized who he was almost immediatley.
"Rhayader? Is-Is that you?" He whispered hoarsely.

Hiralir came around the corner of which she had disappeared after a while, with a clothed bundle under her arm, her hood drawn over her eyes as she was singing again, in a deep, yet beautiful voice, in an ancient dialect that very few today still remembered. She was not aware of Rhayader until she passed him and was sitting beside Rhianir again, when she removed her hood. She passed a gentle smile at him, letting her hair fall onto her shoulders.
"Suiliad, mellon nin," she spoke in Sindarin, then spoke in Westron. "My name Hiralir, might I ask your name?"[/font]

Last edited by AranielTheTrueRurouni on June 22nd, 2006, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 1:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

He walked over to the injured man and looked upon him.
"Yes it's me Rhianir." He said as he turned to the healer.
"My name is Rhayader. I just came to see how he was, but I see you are busy so I shall come back later."
He turned on his heel and started walking away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 1:48 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hiralir frowned, wondering what she had said to upset him.
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Master Rhayader," she smiled kindly after him, she slowly stood up from her place and followed. "Forgive me for being so straightfoward, but..." She hesitated, "would you join me for a walk, tonight?"

Rhianir smiled at them, glad to see a fellow soldier and Gondorian with a woman like Hiralir.
"She is a beautiful woman, Rhayader," and with that, his head dropped to the side and he was fast asleep.
[/font]

Edit: Since she is part elf, I think that makes her a little bit older... What do you think? :confused:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 1:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

His face contorted as he quickly thought.
"Erm ..." He stammered, " Well I think I could return in the night. I have..."
He began walking away, he had never been asked such a question in his life and wasn't sure how to deal with it. "....Things to do."
He turned to face and walked a few steps backwards.
"I shall come back!" He quickly turned and lightly jogged down the steps.

(Up to you really)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 1:56 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

[font=Arial, sans-serif]As she waited for his answer, she looked as one of the Garden-tenders come up the steps, out of breath.
"Lady Hiralir, I am in need of your aid!"
"What's the matter?" Hiralir asked, concerned.
"It is Fingole, my husband, he has taken ill and I have tried every remedy I can possibly think of, but nothing seems to be working." Hiralir looked sadly at Rhayader and then looked towards the woman again and nodded. "Alright, let me get my things, I will be right there."
"Oh, bless you, lady Hiralir!" the woman cried joyfully, then turned and ran as fast as she could to her home.

A few minutes later, Hiralir came back down the steps with a satchel of different herbs slung over her shoulder and a jug of water under her left arm. She let out a heavy-hearted sigh, glancing swiftly at Rhayader. "Perhaps another time?" she thought to herself and then headed to the woman's home. [/font]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 2:07 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Many gathered around Fingole's home as they saw Hiralir come into view, several murmurings went to and fro among the people.

Hiralir stepped beneath a carved, stone archway, where the door had been left open for her. Her face darkened as she saw Fingole resting uneasily on his bed. His face was deathly pale and bloody scars were all over his face. Her whole body began to quiver, she had lived in Gondor for a long while and cured many wounds, but this was the most serious she had seen in her entire time here.
"We believe it is Morgul posion, of a wound he recieved a long time ago." Said Hingol, his eldest son as he stood on his father's left side. "There are no others in Gondor with Elven blood and Elven skill in medicine, so we thought you were the only one who could cure it."
"But Morgul posion never fully heals," Hiralir said, looking up at Hingol.
"We know," said his wife, Firigin, "but we just want the posion to go away so he won't be bothered by it." Hiralir's eyes lowered towards the ground, swallowing back her fear of failing, she gave a quick nod as Fingole began going into convulsions and she swiftly pulled off her satchel and began preparing remedies. "Illuvatar, lend me your strength," she prayed to herself. She pressed her hands against Fingole's chest to restrain him and began singing a calming song to soothe him and he became still, lulled by the hypotizing melody of her voice.
"The Nazgul cannot stand in light of the beauty of an elf maiden's voice," Firigin grinned in relief, "We are truly blessed to have you here, Lady Hiralir."
"My work is not done yet," Hiralir said, finishing her song as she began dabbing a cool cloth on his face to clean the scars. She spent nearly all day trying to get him to rest easily. After many hours, when the sun had began to set, Hiralir stood up and restored all of the things to her satchel. "That is all I can do for today, give him plenty of water and rest and come and get me if anything else happens, I will return in the morning." She bowed politely and then returned to the Houses under the cover of shadow. [/font]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2006, 2:15 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

- Wonders if Malrid left - :blink:

Profile       WWW