Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 1st, 2024, 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2009, 6:57 pm 
Vala
Vala

Dom sat with his back to the trunk of an old oak tree. He held out a cashew, tempting the local squirrels to gather around. One particularly brave squirrel scurried up to Dominic, carefully grabbed the nut, and hopped off to eat his prize in privacy. The other squirrels, jealous of the tasty treat being eaten by another squirrel, inched forward as Dom drew another cashew out of his bag of trailmix. He smiled as each squirrel took a cashew right from his hand. There were about five wild squirrels surrounding him, taking advantage of his willingness to share the trail mix his aunt had packed for him. He had a bit of experiance handling squirrels. His aunt ran an animal rehibilitation and sanctuary, which housed several squirrels that had been injured or abandoned, and he helped her with the chores. Dom, lost in his own little fantasy, flinched when a scream suddenly tore through the court yard. The squirrels froze, and then bolted for the safety of the tree tops. Peering around the tree trunk, he saw a girl named Morgan clutching a water sodden book, and Kira, whose hair was soaked. Broken balloons littered the ground, and Dom quickly pieced the information togeather. Pouring out the remainder of his trail mix for the local squirrels to fight over, he slunk into the nearest building, the library.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2009, 8:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Morgana," she smirked. "Like Morgan le Fay, very nice," she laughed. "Easy to remember at very least," Olivia added with a shrug.

"Well, this is Claire my little sister," she gestured over her shoulder with a jab of her thumb to the tall brunette with blue eyes. "That," she looked over her shoulder to remember positions and then pointed to the other brunette, but with light brown eyes, " Southern Belle is Marie and the blond is Elizabeth."

Claire waved from her spot by her sister, and gave a smile, "Hi!" She exclaimed perkily.

Elizabeth waved, but said nothing still trying to fix her damp hair while Marie laughed loudly and clapped her hands. "Hey y'all!"

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2009, 8:28 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"You left your pink and green sweater here, Sarah."

"I know."

"Can I have it?"

Sarah Landry resisted the temptation to fling her cell phone to the ground and stomp on it. "No."

"Why nooooot?" Her sister's voice crackled with static when she whined.

"Because Hailey asked already."

"No fair! HAILEY!"

There was another burst of static and a click. Sarah flipped the phone shut. Of all the birthday presents she hadn't wanted - to be reachable anywhere and everywhere. Great. Why should she feel joy at the prospect of slavish devotion to a ringtone sounding vaguely enough like Fur Elise to make Beethoven turn in his grave?

It was banished to the stifling depths of her sweater pocket.

A shriek vaguely penetrated the funk. Of course. No point in waiting to begin the festivities. And she'd given her iPod to Hailey, too.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2009, 10:58 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Henry was the first to notice the screams of rage and frustration, while William was too busy looking around him, not minding the stares of random people towards his emo-like appearance, whereas his brother looked like a normal 17 year old...wel, at least a little bit closer to one.

"William, did you hear that?"

"What?"

"Those screams?"

"We are at school, Henry!" William said matter-oh-factly. "People are bound to scream every once in a while. Do not fret - I am sure there is another hero somewhere in this Academy; and his name is not Henry." Henry's head snapped in William's direction, glaring simultaneously.

"I was not trying to be the hero."

"Yes you were."

"No I was not!"

"Fine. Your conscience will know, though, that I was right."

"I hate you, William."

"I love you too, Henry."

By this time, the twins had made it to the meadow/clearing where all the chaos was taking place, and both of them, setting their bags on the ground, leaned against a wall of the nearest building to watch it unfold, ready to interfere if necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2009, 11:06 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(sounds like a good idea, smeag!

And I'd sure be interesting if someone showed up around Laraina after her fall... lol! Just saying...)

Cole looked around to find the rucus dieing down. The girl with the wet hair had gone to the library, and the girl with the wet book made some new friends. Well fine and dandy for them, he thought.

With a sigh, he stuffed his hands in his baggy pockets, and found himself a corner furthest from all the other people. He proceeded stretching himself out on the grass, laying his head on his hands, and closed his eyes, enjoying the sun on his skin...

(and Cole's got pics now... if anyone cares...)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 12:46 am 
Vala
Vala

((I'll save you :P And where are Cole's pics? I can't seem to find them. ))

As Dom paced through the halls of the school, weaving his way towards the office. He rounded the corner just in time to see a redhead slip, sending her sprawling and showering the ground with all her papers. He trotted over to help, gabbing her arm just in time to save her from another slip as she tried to stand. He lifted her up, giving her the stability she needed to get her balance. "Are you okay?" He asked, concerned that she might have been hurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 1:54 am 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

(Ok.. I have to take it... the opportunity to have a random.. no one character sounds amazing.)

"And, who do you think you are?" a raspy voice called out to Kira as she scampered off to the library. Kira did not flinch, and her stride was impenetrable.

Growling, the girl set her partly completed painting to her side on the bench and stormed after Kira. "Give it back," he demanded from a distance, hand fixed to her right hip like any mother disciplining her child, "I know you can hear me."

Irritated with the attention this freak was sure to draw to her, Kira reluctantly turned around with a smirk at the girl. Her camera was out, and the flash was set on high. Quickly snapping a picture, Kira hoped to blind the girl and take off running, but, knowing the unlikely probability of those events, Kira simply tapped the hat to the hat on the right side, tilting the entire hat downward.

"Yes?" she taunted the girl, fully aware that the brunette could leap at her at any moment.

"The hat."

"I like it too," Kira smirked, "Brings out the color in my eyes."

Unamused, the girl hissed and took a step towards Kira.

"Here, girl," Kira held a hand up, "I'll strike you a deal. You give me something I want. I'll give you the hat back."

"I don't make deals with thieves."

"It's a good thing I am more a bargainer than a thief, then, isn't it?" Kira spoke to the girl, and, after waiting a moment of thoughtful silence continued, "There is a boy, Matt Sommer, here is a picture of him," Kira held out the picture album and pulled out one of the copies of his photo to toss it at the ground before the girl, "You give me his skateboard. I'll give you your hat back."

Confused, the girl bent down and picked up the photo. Ok... this girl is ridiculous, she thought to herself as she stood back up. "But what.." she began to ask in Kira's direction, only to see her disappear through the library doors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 7:28 am 
Maia
Maia

Maethoriel wrote:
"Morgana," she smirked. "Like Morgan le Fay, very nice," she laughed. "Easy to remember at very least," Olivia added with a shrug.

"Well, this is Claire my little sister," she gestured over her shoulder with a jab of her thumb to the tall brunette with blue eyes. "That," she looked over her shoulder to remember positions and then pointed to the other brunette, but with light brown eyes, " Southern Belle is Marie and the blond is Elizabeth."

Claire waved from her spot by her sister, and gave a smile, "Hi!" She exclaimed perkily.

Elizabeth waved, but said nothing still trying to fix her damp hair while Marie laughed loudly and clapped her hands. "Hey y'all!"

Morgana shrugged. She wasn't going to tell Olivia that she actually had been named after someone from the Arthurian lengends. Laughing usually followed. She looked on warily as Olivia introduced her family. "Um, nice to meet you," she said.

Okay, so what was happening, here? These girls obviously didn't know that she was the girl people liked to ignore. The girl that liked to ignore people. Still, she wasn't exactly objecting; it was perhaps nice, occasionally, to talk to someone.

She pulled her black shoulderbag from the bench and slung it round her shoulders; she then picked up her other books. Carefully, she slotted them into the bag, particularly careful when handling the wet one. She was still furious. She had every right to find her hardback edition of "The Hobbit" and hit Matt over the head with it, but then, that would probably damage it.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 10:07 am 

Matt pulled an innocent face when he crossed the courtyard. It was then that Morgana started to yell at him. He strolled over to the Gothic girl whom he'd never met before and hardly being able to hide his grin he replied: "You're calling me anti-social?"

He lightened another cigarette and glanced at the book which was soaking wet. "You know, you shouldn't bring antiqueties to school" he grinned. "They might get damaged." Although Matt's eyes were shining, his voice was serious as if he tried to explain a toddler that one and one was two. "You actually ought to thank me" he continued sweetly. "Reading seriously damages the human brain.. I saved ye." And with these words he walked off, laughing out loud.

[ Perhaps we should skip to dinner or something? ;) ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 11:31 am 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

[Sounds good. Are we all going to randomly meet up in the cafeteria?]

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 12:04 pm 

[ :yes: Post coming up after I finished my Strategic Management essay ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 2:11 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Nauriel Rochnur wrote:
((I'll save you :P And where are Cole's pics? I can't seem to find them. ))

As Dom paced through the halls of the school, weaving his way towards the office. He rounded the corner just in time to see a redhead slip, sending her sprawling and showering the ground with all her papers. He trotted over to help, gabbing her arm just in time to save her from another slip as she tried to stand. He lifted her up, giving her the stability she needed to get her balance. "Are you okay?" He asked, concerned that she might have been hurt.

(They're there now :-D )

Laraina felt a hand wrap around her arm and steady her before she took another plunge. Her cheeks heated up at someone having witnessed her clumsiness. On a regular basis this wasn't the case, but she had outbursts where she was worse than a bull in a china shop. This was one of those times. A male voice meeted her ears after she had been steadied.

"Yeah, I'm find, thanks," she said, looking up at the person who had helped her. Laraina blushed deeper to find it was a guy that wasn't that bad looking in her book. Slowly with exaderated carefulness she bent down and picked up the few books and papers closer to her, holding up one which took a bath with her index finger and thumb. It was nothing important. Just a piece of notebook paper covered in various doodles.

I guess this isn't that bad of a situation. If Dom was here it'd be worse, she thought to herself, thinking of her dark and angsty yet weirdly sportsy twin brother who was almost half way on the other side of the country at the moment.

"Uh, thanks again for saving me from slipping... again. I'm Laraina," the redhead said, a big on the nervouse side...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 2:27 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

The library was full of all sorts of wonders in Winbrook. It was rather eerie at times. The silence cut to the heart of every individual that came in, and each person inside had his or her own quirk.

Knowing full well the plight of the abandoned third, fourth, and basement level, Kira decided to not wander so hard from reality and stay on the moderate first and second level. She quickly ran through the bookshelves and began to pull off random books to eat away the time.

History of Religion in America. Boring. Philosophy 101. Okay.. Math for Dummies. Stupid Joke the librarians planted to try to have a sense of humor. Fail.

Kira had been going through the books along for about 40 minutes before she snapped open her cell phone to check the time. She had missed three calls. One from her dad, probably giving the annual "hope you first day at school has gone well". Another from some girl that was halfway decent when she approved of Kira's pranks. Last one from Daniel Flemming, stupid and stubborn know-it-all that she has had the pleasure of rejection time and time again.

"Hmm... 6:30... that late enough?" She mumbled to herself while putting away some book about spiders on the third shelf. "Well, it wouldn't hurt to peek... or, just go out the back." That was always the chosen method, the back way, because of its secrecy from the typical Winbrook student.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 4:52 pm 

Matt was always late. Late for class, late for church, his mom even said that he was late for his own birth. But there was one thing that Matt never would skip: dinner.

He'd slumped into a seat in the cafetaria at the exact time dinner would be served. After loading his plate full of every dish available, he started to eat at a remarkable high speed as if he was starved and hadn't eaten for a week. The cafetaria was crowded; students and teachers usually gathered here to talk about their day or to prepare for another busy day.

But Matt didn't recognise any familiar faces yet; it didn't matter now. He needed all his attention to empty his plate in the quickest time possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 4:57 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

The cell phone was off. The laptop's battery had died an hour ago. Sarah hummed and played with her pen, cross-legged with an atlas in her lap and miscellaneous notes scrawled on her left arm. Battle of Waterloo, June 1815. French + Prussians defeated. Prussia = where? Province of Germany... and later, inexplicably, Brandenburg Concerto #3 in G. Bach.

The sun was low on the horizon and there were dust motes suspended in the honey-colored air. A flourish of the pen, and the atlas slid off her lap.

Sarah picked it up. The pen went behind one ear and the book went on a short journey that culminated in its return to a dusty slot on a shelf between two of its brethren.

Someone was mumbling in the aisle behind her. Sarah cocked her head. The pen fell off. She didn't notice. Oh, it was the girl who had -

"What was up with the skateboard thing?" she said, and skirted the shelving unit to lean on the end of it, fairly sure this one's name was Kira. That had been a pointless interaction to overhear. How old were they all, five? "Thinking of starting up yourself?"

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2009, 5:30 pm 
Vala
Vala

As the girl introduced herself, Dom stooped down to pick up the few remaining papers that had fallen to the ground. A couple were wet, so he wiped them off carefully before handing them back. "My name is Dom" he added after Laraina supplied her own name. After noticing her blush in embarresment, hoping to lighten the mood, he said "This whole school is falling apart. The pipes leaks, half the time the air doesn't work... I bet one of these days a big patch of ceiling will just come loose. Maybe it'll crush the dean."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next