Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: One Good Reason (Private RP)
PostPosted: July 15th, 2012, 7:09 am 

[ Thank you for being so patient Goldy! :) :hug: ]

England was such a strange country. The roads, the rain, its villages and people. All were so different. He had never thought that he would actually cross the seas to this hated country and now he was stuck here.

You should never have met me, never have become involved with me. It would have been better for you… Did you really think our friendship could have survived, in reality..?

Everything that had happened seemed so unreal, like a dream. But still, Cairbre and Rosalind were dead. He and Guinevere were wanted for piracy, high treason, rebellion and God knew what else. Why not leave everything behind and return to his home? Sneak out in the dead of the night and make way to a harbour..

We know everything about each other, us three. I bet she never told you anything about it when you were with her, did she? She would never have. She’d never have told you. Some matters are reserved for those you trust. Those you love… I know what kind of man you are now. You've shown your true colors with your despicable display. You’re violent, cruel you’re not only vicious, but you’re selfish too. You’d leave Guinevere to die simply because you have no place in her life anymore? You don’t care what happens to her if she isn’t with you?

There was only one good reason not to leave, to give up everything he knew. Could he leave the woman he loved, his soul mate, behind? Her knight in shining armour had fallen and the only role he could fulfil was to repair the damage and to protect her from further harm. He had once said to her that he was willing to lay down his life for her and he would keep himself to this promise.

Guinevere’s feeble words woke him from his thoughts. It seemed like it had been ages since she had last said anything to him, that she was aware of him. Liam managed half a smile and wanted to say something. He wanted her to know that she had not lost everything, that she had to stop justifying herself. But he remained silent, knowing that she would not hear him anyway. Her lips suddenly brushed over his cheek and a tingling sensation spread over his skin. Liam closed his eyes in those few moments, imagining that everything was like it used to be, when they still had been happy. But he was alarmed by her burning forehead which now rested against his. He opened his eyes and studied her face, which was pale and damp. He tried to supress a wave of nauseating panic, which had hunted him for two weeks. This was not the end.

“No” he said determined, ignoring Guinevere’s incoherent mumbling. “This is not the time to say goodbye. You will not say goodbye..” From the corner of his eyes he saw that the carriage pulled up in front of a large country house. “If our friendship..if what we had together ever meant something to you, you need to fight. I won’t let anything happen to you, but I cannot do that if you won’t fight. I will save that kiss for later, for I will not accept a kiss out of pity or as reward..”

With that he picked Guinevere up and jumped out of the carriage, turning to Lord Autumn. “My Lord, she is burning up quickly and I am not sure what should be done..”

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2012, 9:19 am 
Maia
Maia

(No worries! :hug: And eeeek! Loooove your post <333 :-D It's wonderful! I hope you don't mind that I've skipped forward ahead in time a bit, so we can move the story along quicker =D I hope you like this :happy: )

Guinevere had no knowledge of how much time had passed since that day Liam had carried her into Lord Autumn’s house. All she knew was that her fever had passed, and she’d been pulled back from the brink: the brink of death. She’d felt it in her very bones, her veins, her heart, that she was going to die. And yet here she was, sitting in an unfamiliar room, her forehead cool, her proper consciousness recovered.

The room reminded her of a gilded cage; however beautiful, she knew she was trapped within the confines, and she wasn’t yet sure how to break out. It was so strange, as if she’d been here before. It was all too reminiscent of the grand house she’d lived in as a girl, before her world had changed and moved to the Caribbean, all those years ago.

Her hair was still wet from her recent bath, and she said nothing as attendants moved around her, carefully drying and combing the red locks. She allowed herself to be laced into a black silk dress, all the while being addressed as Lady Callihan, the name Liam had given her. When they were finished, one raised hand was all that was needed to dismiss the servants.

Guinevere turned towards the wall-length mirror, facing herself dressed in mourning, the black a stunning contrast to her pale skin and bright hair. She reached out to touch the glass, feeling utterly empty inside.

Suddenly, there was a terrible sinking feeling in her stomach. Where was Liam? Had they sent him away? Had he left of his own accord? Maybe… maybe already he was preparing to go back to the Caribbean, without her. Her hands closed over her tightly corseted stomach, nausea rushing through her being.

Left behind here… with Lord Autumn and his ilk.

The thought was too awful to bear. Lifting her skirts, she rushed towards the first door she set eyes on, wrenching it open, only to find herself on a balcony. Her breath caught in her throat. It looked over a range of rolling fields and vast land, all of which no doubt belonged to Lord Autumn. Glancing from side to side, she sighted the staircase leading downwards and hurtled towards goodness knows where, hoping that all was not lost.

I will not lose him too… I will not.

One moment. One leap of breath. It was like magic, as if she had summoned him from thin air. There he stood, at the foot of the staircase. Guinevere’s tortured expression transformed into abundant relief, and she clapped a hand over her astonished mouth, muffling a cry. A few moments passed as she simply stared at him, before she slowly let her hand drop. Her shoulders heaved. “You haven’t gone,” she said, quietly. “I thought… I thought you had left me as well.”

A few steps closer. “Does now count as later?” she enquired, hesitantly.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: July 16th, 2012, 11:35 am 

Summer was almost coming to its end and the weather became increasingly cold and wet. It had been a real change, from the hot and moist climate Liam was used to, but then, his entire life had changed ever since he came to Lord Autumn's estate. Lord Autumn had send for his best physicians to look after Guinevere and allowed him to see Guinevere a couple of times, when she was still unconscious though, after which he asked the house steward to find a position for Liam in the household. The steward complied reluctantly and because everyone had agreed that his background story was a strange one, Liam was treated by every other member of the staff as an invader in the house.

But for once in his life, Liam put up with everything that was said to him and did as he was told, realizing that Guinevere was well taken care of and she was slowly on the mend again. At times he had caught glimpses of her on her way to the dining room or on the balcony, but he had not spoken to her ever since their parting, as he was officially not acquintainted to Lady Callihan, as she was now called. But she was safe and that was enough for Liam. Lord Autumn did not spare on any expenses to accomodate Guinevere and he had not been charged with anything. Only this caused Liam to be compliant, even though he dreaded to be in this place where he was pushed around, which reminded him so much of his own childhood.

This day had been particularly good. By concentrating on his tasks Liam usually forgot how he missed Port Royal and life at sea and his wound was not bothering him as much as usual. The weather was friendly, which made it pleasant to be outside. Whistling a tune, Liam made his way from the storage house to the main house, carrying two baskets of fire wood, which the maids would redistribute once inside.

Then, suddenly out of nowhere, she was there, rushing down the stairs that led to the balcony. She looked better than he could remember, dressed in the finest silk and wearing refined jewelry. If he didn't knew better, he could have sworn that Guinevere was one of the ladies of the house, perfectly fitting in this picture. Liam quickly checked if there was no one else around, before answering: "Yes, I am still here.. I'm sorry, I did not came to see you, but they don't want me to come upstairs.." He did not answer her question and felt that the situation became more and more awkward by the minute. Now Guinevere had regained her strength and recovered, and all those moments that she had cried for Cairbre to return or wished for death seemed nothing more than a vivid nightmare, it seemed hard to say anything to her. Liam took another step closer to her, the fire wood was all forgotten.

"Well then, Miss Elliot.." Liam said, while his characteristic grin appeared on his face. "It seems that we are back to how everything started. Or should I say, Lady Callihan?"

PostPosted: July 16th, 2012, 1:34 pm 
Maia
Maia

Guinevere watched Liam solemnly as he set down the baskets of firewood and stepped closer towards her; her heart felt full to the brim, and yet she could not think of what to say. There were no words that could articulate all that she was feeling. These past weeks had been the darkest of her life, and the only source of light left to her was Liam. Although she had learned to keep her terrible grief inside, away from the prying eyes of Lord Autumn and his servants, it still ate away at her, threatening to devour her from within. Every night she dreamt of Cairbre – the most exquisite of unfair tortures. And every morning she wakened, realizing once again that he was forever lost to her. The maids would then intrude on her for the usual morning rituals, and it was all she could do not to scream and sob until her throat bled.

She couldn’t do this; not without Liam. Looking into his eyes, she felt a stirring of an emotion she had not felt for some time now: hope. It was gradually unfurling, even in the most miserable of times.

Guinevere stepped closer still, a very tiny smile lifting her features. “Do not call me Lady Callihan,” she said softly. “I’m sick of the very sound of that name. It’s not me; it’s not who I am.” She reached out and touched his hand, very slightly, as if frightened to dare anything more. “I’ve missed you so much,” she continued, her voice at once deepening and hushing with feeling. Her eyes flickered over Liam’s face. “I couldn’t… I couldn’t bear to think that…” she trailed off, unable to finish the sentence. It hurt too much to utter it, to think of herself utterly alone in the world.

Giving up on words, she removed her hand from his, running her fingertips over his arm, towards his shoulder. Seeing that he did not wince, her smile widened a little, showing her relief that his wound was not troubling him as much as before. Her brow brushed against his as she moved closer, wrapping her arms around his neck, her eyes shimmering closed.

Several moments lingered on before Guinevere finally closed the space between them and touched her lips to his. She gently pulled him closer, her kiss emotionally charged and tender, her tears anointing his face, her fingers running through his hair. Guinevere’s knees very slightly trembled beneath her, threatening her balance, but Liam was holding her, and she knew she would not fall.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: July 21st, 2012, 10:39 am 

Her touch made him shiver as she brushed with her hand past his arm. The smell of her sweat perfume was intoxicating. Their faces almost met. He could almost smell the ocean and feel the wind on his face, like they were back at the Anne Boleyn. He wrapped his arm around Guinevere waist, pulling her closer to him while brushing with his hand through her red curls. But before their lips touched, he said quietly: “Then who are you my Lady and what is it you want?”

Then he was lost in a whirlwind of feelings. Love, passion, longing, pain; with all those emotions that he had suppressed the past couple of months, he was confronted with once more, as he kissed Guinevere passionately. He held her tightly, as if someone would take her away from him or as if she would run away again. But she was in his arms now and he would not let her go, not again. “I want you.. I want you to be mine..” he breathed.

He looked in Guinevere’s eyes, before resting his forehead against hers. The words he had just uttered repeated themselves in his head. It didn’t bother him that he had blurted out his thoughts. It was the truth and it had never bothered him to tell the truth to people. The only thing he was not sure of was whether Guinevere could handle the truth.

Liam was suddenly alerted by footsteps. Heavy footsteps on the gravel. He quickly took a step back from Guinevere, looking her, alarmed, before setting eyes on a man that came around the corner.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2012, 12:31 pm 
Maia
Maia

Guinevere’s gaze followed Liam’s towards the man walking towards the house. She felt dizzy and disorientated, but was forced to keep herself steady on her feet. The mask that she wore around Lord Autumn and his household dropped down over her features as she regarded the stranger, who had now altered his step to approach her directly.

He was a tall, steely looking man, with dark, slightly greying, shoulder-length hair and a neatly trimmed beard. Although he was not dressed extravagantly, everything about him screamed out wealth, prestige and importance. It was in his expression, his walk, his voice, as he strode towards Guinevere and stiffly bowed his head, not so much as glancing at Liam.

“You must be the famous Lady Callihan,” he observed. Guinevere had no idea why, but she could feel icy fear creeping up her spine as she looked at the stranger; maybe it was something in the way he was looking at her: intently, slyly, like a man who regards a castle and means to attack it.

Guinevere looked away, choosing to stare at her feet instead of meet the man’s uncomfortable scrutiny. “And you are…?” she enquired, very quietly. She heard him laugh; there was no trace of amusement in the cold sound.

“Forgive me, I have been amiss. I am a guest of Lord Autumn’s, just arrived, in fact. Lord Eagle, at your service.” He announced his title proudly, his eyes gleaming as Guinevere’s head suddenly lifted. He obviously believed he had impressed her; this was very much not the case.

“Cathair Eagle?” Guinevere enquired, her voice dwindling. His nod confirmed her horror. Oh my god… oh my god… Cairbre’s father… Cairbre’s father, his father! Her skin drained of all colour as the shock flooded through her body. She did not hear Lord Eagle excusing himself and walking away towards the house, removing his gloves. All she could do was stare into the distance, her breath shuddering, hands clenching and unclenching. So that was the man who had been so cruel to his children? Who had driven their mother to an early grave? The man Cairbre and Rosalind had fled from, in search of escape from his tyranny?

Finally, Guinevere looked back towards Liam, who had been keeping his distance during Lord Eagle’s presence. She quickly walked towards him, seizing his hands in hers, gazing up into his eyes. It took her several moments to utter the words that were going round and round in her head.

“His father,” she whispered. She could not bring herself to say Cairbre’s name out loud; if she did she would surely break down. She clasped Liam’s hands tightly. “That man… that man, he is evil, pure evil. What’s he doing here? Why on earth is he here?” The words flew rapidly, stirring up yet more panic in her, before she seemed to take control of herself and took a deep breath. “No… I shall not yield to fear of him. I will not, I refuse to. Come with me.”

She held on to Liam’s hand and led him up the balcony steps, away from any more possible intruders. Guinevere breathed in the fresh air as deeply as possible, hanging on tight to Liam. As they reached the doors, she turned and looked intensely into his eyes.

“I cannot stay in this place,” she said. “I hate it here, Liam. You cannot like it here either, I know you cannot, I know you. And now this… now this… we have to leave. Please, let’s leave. Go away from here together. I cannot stand one minute more of being here! I cannot endure being addressed as Lady Callihan, I cannot endure seeing you treated as a servant. And I cannot endure that man’s presence. Please.” She lifted his hand to her lips, gently pressing a kiss to his fingertips and closing her eyes. “I’m begging you.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: July 24th, 2012, 6:44 pm 

Eagle.. Lord Eagle.. Would that name never stop hunting him? This unfortunate stroke of fate could only mean that this man, whose haughty features and manner of speaking resembled that of the other, was related to Cairbre. Liam cast his eyes to the heavens, wondering how these things could keep happening to him. Eagle had brought nothing but trouble for him in Port Royal, so it wouldn’t be different on this continent.
Liam was about to sneak away, when Lord Eagle already walked away, without even glancing at him, although his presence still hung in the air even when he had left. And all Liam could only mutter: “Unbelievable..” The apple didn’t fall far from the tree then..

Guinevere pulled him up the balcony stairs, looking terrified. She was deadly pale, panic spread over her face, as if she had seen a ghost. The Guinevere with whom he had just shared a passionate kiss had vanished and his words, his declaration of love, seemed long forgotten. Only because of the appearance of that man.. Lord Eagle, the father of her late fiancée. He didn't look like pure evil. Just another haughty Englishman, who thought that the earth belonged to him.

Liam listened calmly to her desperate plea, not showing anything of the irritation he felt. He still felt a burning sensation on his hand where she had pressed a kiss. “You know very well what I want Guin,” Liam said, as soon as she fell silent. “I couldn’t have been plainer. But all I want to know is what you want of me. You kissed me, why? Do you want to be with me?” His blue eyes looked in hers and he could see she was on the verge of crying, but that didn’t hold Liam back. He just needed to know, he wanted to hear her say it. “Then why are you constantly leaving me?”

PostPosted: July 24th, 2012, 7:46 pm 
Maia
Maia

The haunted look faded from Guinevere’s features as she took in every word of Liam’s, her cheeks suffused pink with anger. “Tell me, where have I been at fault?” she demanded. “Have I given any indication of leaving your side? Do you expect me to feel calm whilst within standing distance of that man? You have no idea of the things he’s done! That so called ‘lord’ is a violent brute who had no scruples about beating his wife and children! God forbid that I should be troubled or frightened! Do you understand, I am frightened! I need you to understand.” She took a deep breath, closing her eyes. When, after a few moments, she opened them again, they were very bright and blue. “I need you,” she said, simply.

The frustration had gone, and now she seemed very tired, as if her outburst had exhausted her. She moved closer to Liam and clasped his elbows, pulling him closer to her, looking him straight in the eye. “I do need you and I do want you,” she assured him, huskily. “If I thought I didn’t have you then I… I don’t know what I’d do. You pulled me back from the brink. I knew myself to be dying and you told me to be strong. I fought, knowing you would be waiting for me. And now I wake up every morning… and my heart is broken still, and I ache and hurt and cry and scream inside! But I push myself, I fight to stay alive. You gave me that fight. I’ve nothing else left to believe in.”

She pulled him closer still, her arms wrapping around him, as if to soothe him out of his anger. Several kisses she pressed to his cheeks as she slid her hands over his chest, before softly catching his lips again. “Let me convince you,” she whispered. Another kiss, fiery and increasing in passion, before she moved away, her eyes half-lidded. “Or just tell me you don’t believe me, that you do not want me.” Her gaze was gradually flooding with tears. “God knows I’ve lost so much already, perhaps you think I could bear losing you too?"

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: July 30th, 2012, 6:38 pm 

Liam took Guinevere's hands in his and pulled her into his arms. He knew that he couldn't be so close to Guinevere publicly and if anyone would see them know his cover would be blown or he would at least be in trouble. But he felt remarkably light-headed, probably from her passionate kiss. He could only look at Guinevere, hold her in his arms and breath in her sweet scent. Only briefly he wondered how so much emotion could come from such a tiny person, but then he had always suspected that Guinevere had Irish roots somewhere.

"I do believe you," he finally said truthfully. Liam took a step back, still holding Guinevere's hands, as he smiled at her; a genuine, happy smile. It had been so long since he had actually smiled, that he had almost forgotten how it felt.
"You should not be frightened. I'll be there and I won't let anyone hurt you." But as soon as he had said these words, he realised his current situation and the impossibility of keeping that promise. Yet he looked at Guin's pale face and vowed that he would find a way to keep his word.

"I do not want to stay here either, but-" Liam paused , for a moment in doubt. He thought of the eccentric Lord Autumn's generosity and how Guinevere owed her life to his excellent care, which he could never repay. But then he remembered his own reception in the grand house which, mildly said, had been unpleasant. "We cannot leave right now, like thieves in the night.." he continued in a hushed tone. "Perhaps you could request to go to town somewhere this week and tell them you need me to come with you.."
Liam's voice trailed away; the plan was not infallible. Getting rid of a driver and a maid was one thing, but doing this without getting the attention of any Redcoats could prove a lot more difficult.

It seemed like Liam suddenly became aware of time again and he wondered how long he had been standing there with Guinevere. "We need time to prepare this and make sure this will work." He actually wanted to say that they couldn't afford another failed escape attempt after what happened last time, but he did not express these thoughts. Therefore he pressed a soft kiss on her lips and glanced at the forgotten baskets of firewood at the bottum of the stairs. "I guess I should go now.."

PostPosted: July 31st, 2012, 8:40 am 
Maia
Maia

“No, please don’t go yet,” Guinevere insisted, drawing him closer to her and gently squeezing his hands. “Stay just a little longer.” Coaxingly, she drew him through the doors, into the room. There was a small pause as she looked at him, before she indicated the interior of the majestic room with a dismissive nod of her head. “Isn’t it awful? You can’t imagine how alone I feel, having to sit here day after day, sleep here night after night. It’s like a cage.”

A glint of pain appeared in her eyes, and for a moment it was as if she was looking beyond where she stood now. She felt deeply homesick for her house on the cliff top, looking over the ocean… and even more homesick for the man she’d shared it with. Back when she’d believed she would always be happy. A sheen of tears glistened in her gaze, but she quickly blinked, not wanting Liam to see. She turned back towards him and touched his face, tracing the contour of his jaw line, before resting her fingertips against his lips.

“Don’t go,” Guinevere repeated. “Stay with me. Listen… I’ve had an idea. What if I told Lord Autumn that I wanted to sail back to the Caribbean? He could easily arrange a voyage for me. And you could come with me.” Her voice had softened into a whisper, her eyes shining as the idea developed further in her mind. Her arms curled around Liam’s neck. “Think about it. It would be far easier than trying to run away. I’ll put the idea to his lordship this evening. Just think how soon we could be away from here!”

She led him towards her dressing table, ushering him into the seat, before seating herself on his lap. A slight hint of mischief danced across her lips. “Don’t worry about your work,” she assured him. “I’ll make an excuse for you. I’ll tell them I sent you on an important errand, or something. It’s been weeks since we last saw each other! I’m not letting you go so quickly.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2012, 7:29 pm 

Liam rested his head on Guinevere’s shoulder and just sat with her for a while in silence. He knew that he would be missed down stairs, now all kind of preparations had to be made for the newly arrived guest. The kitchen staff was especially keen on having him around to let him fix all the jobs which the footmen refused to do. Once more, Liam was overwhelmed with a feeling of loathing and a wave of home sickness hit him, as he longed for the white beaches and the sea.

“Do you really think that telling is the right thing?” he asked. “What if Lord Autumn protests and wants to keep you here? Or what if he complicates matters by looking into your ‘family’ in Port Royal?” But that was not the real reason why Liam didn’t liked the plan: he knew that if he was sent to accompany Guin on her journey to the Caribbean, he would have to keep up his role as servant boy, which he so detested.

There was another silence and it seemed like the first time in weeks that he could actually stop and contemplate about all that had happened. Ever since he had entered that beautiful house on the cliffs nearby Devon, his life had been caught in a whirlwind, leaving a path of destruction and making him loose his grip on life. He slowly got up, pushed Guinevere back into the seat and walked towards the balcony doors, revived with renewed doubts and remorse. Liam turned back to Guinevere again, who sat curled up in her chair, with pain in his eyes.

“I’m sorry..” he said softly. “I’m so sorry.. for destroying your wedding. Your life.” He turned his back at her, perhaps not able to face her as she remembered those once perfect days of her life or perhaps because he tried to conceal the pain that overwhelmed him . “I was lost, so lost when you left.” It had seemed that a life time had ended after she had left and a new era had begun where he did not know whom he was or what part he had to play. He had lost all the money he carried with him by gambling and taken a position on the Devil’s Hoard after a lost bet. With a crew that trespassed every law and a captain that had no respect for any human life except his own, Liam had been forced to figure in a nightmare, until, one day, he got on the wrong side of the Captain..

“I lost myself. I have forfeited my honour,“ he said while staring out of the window, as those dark chapters of his life passed through his mind. He could not share these memories with her. He could not bear to see her disappointment and disgust. “Still, this is not an excuse for what I have done and destroyed.” He looked at the balcony, where they had just been standing, pieces of the conversation repeated themselves in his mind. His question. His demand. He was such a fool; a fool for thinking that she would ever want to be with him, as he was responsible for the destruction of her happiness and love of her life. He deserved nothing more than her contempt. “How repellent I must be to you.”

PostPosted: August 24th, 2012, 8:23 am 
Maia
Maia

“Repellent?” Guinevere repeated in a whisper, unable to believe that Liam could describe himself in such a way. She gazed at him silently for a moment, her heart sinking; how could he think that what had happened was his fault? The blame lay not with him, but with the redcoats, the king’s men who had come to the house to arrest them. The men who had hunted them down through the countryside of Devon, till everything ended there at that bridge. And ultimately, it lay with whoever had handed them in to the authorities, betrayed the secrets of her and Cairbre’s piratical past; if she ever found that person, she would not miss out on the chance to have her revenge.

Eventually, she rose up from her seat and joined Liam at the window; she turned his face towards hers so that she could meet his eyes. She stroked his cheek, shaking her head. “No,” she said, quietly. “Repellent? You could never be that to me. Everything that I lost…” her voice broke slightly upon these words, “…was not lost by your doing. Do you hear me? Listen to me, Liam. Listen.”

She took one of his hands in hers and gently pressed his fingertips to a point just below her collarbone, against her heart. “I am not going to give up on you. Perhaps you don’t understand what I told you, but you will now: I have bound myself to you. We are going to be together and I will not hear a word against this. If you believe for some reason that I’d be better off without you, then you’re wrong.” She wrapped her free hand around the back of his neck and pulled him closer, her eyes blazing with determination. “If I wake up one day and discover that you have left, I’ll go after you.”

Letting him go, she moved towards the balcony doors, shutting them firmly. She placed her back against them as if to prove that she would not allow any escape. She took another deep inhalation of breath, before finally deciding upon uttering those words she had been so afraid of. These past days, she had believed them to be a jinx or a curse; the last man she had spoken them to, she had lost. She blinked against tears, overcome by pain. Loving Cairbre still and always, she was afraid that Liam might share his fate, that any man she loved was doomed.

“I love you,” she admitted, sounding breathless as she released the words with an exhalation. “Don’t you see?”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: September 14th, 2012, 10:37 am 

[ So I had written half of this reply already, but then I had to finish it without inspiration, so I'm sorry if it feels kind of forced.. :( ]

Guinevere’s words seemed only to slowly seep through Liam’s mind. He heard her saying them, but he could hardly comprehend their meaning. He had secretly thought of it in those silent hours in the dead of the night when he had kept watch in the forest or during some lonely moments after arriving at Lord Autumn’s estate. But he had not allowed himself to hope that Guinevere and he would ever get a chance –a real chance- after that fateful day at the bridge. He had not been able to compete with Cairbre; he had challenged him and lost. But now Guinevere had set this little flame of hope ablaze. She had said those three words which she had never been able to utter to him before.

Liam finally looked up at Guinevere, his eyes filled with joy, and he lay Guin’s hand on his chest, on the same place where he had just felt her beating heart. He was almost sure that the love he radiated was tangible. He drew Guinevere closer, hoping she would feel it. The confusion, he felt because of Guinevere’s simple dismissal of his words, slowly melted away.

“I love you. I always loved you.. But please forgive me then for what I have done. How could I ever earn your affection without your forgiveness?”

He stood there silently, holding Guinevere and vowing that he would never let her slip away again, before taking a step back. “I should go. I’m expected downstairs.” He brushed a strand of red hair from Guinevere’s face and added before she could protest. “I am not very well liked downstairs and I wouldn’t want to give anyone any excuse to discredit me. We should concentrate on our plan now and you should make your request to Lord Autumn tonight, when he’s alone."

Liam placed a quick kiss on Guin’s lips. “Let’s hope that all will go according to plan..”

PostPosted: September 14th, 2012, 1:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Don't worry, dearie, I loved it! :hug: Here's my reply, I'm sorry if it's a bit overly long! O_o I've fast-forwarded the storyline by a few hours :happy: Hope ya like!)

Catching Lord Autumn on his own had proved far more difficult than Guinevere had first anticipated. It was frustrating, the way the man hurried from one activity to another, never keen to be sitting still for too long. However, at eleven o’clock he settled down in the library, and Guin harbored hopes of presenting him with her plan; she hovered outside the door, her hands shaking with nerves, which made it quite difficult to knock and announce herself.

For God’s sake, just knock on the door, she told herself fiercely. You can do this, and he will agree. Lord Autumn is soft-hearted, he’ll grant you anything you ask of him. She closed one hand into a fist and raised it, summoning all of her courage to her…

“Lady Callihan?”

She spun round, all of her brave thoughts withering away as she beheld the looming figure of Cathair Eagle, looking down at her as if she had committed the worst of crimes. Guin attempted to mask her fear, but she knew that he could sense it. “Your lordship,” she managed to utter. What did he want? Wasn’t it enough that he had silently menaced her throughout dinner, watching her constantly whilst Lord Autumn prattled on about the new horse he’d bought?

“I did not expect to see you at this hour,” Cathair informed her. “It is quite late for a lady to be wandering about alone.”

Guin felt a stab of hatred alongside her trepidation. Who was he to dictate to her what she should and shouldn’t be doing? Knowing all too well what he was capable of, she was aware that it would be unwise to anger him, but she was sick of feeling afraid of this man, of treading so carefully around him. And more than that, she wanted revenge for Cairbre, Rosalind and their mother Elinor; she wanted to make Cathair pay for his past actions, his cruelty and his violence.

“Pray keep your speculations to yourself,” she spoke through clenched teeth, moving away from the door. “I don't care what you ‘expect’. I’m here to speak with Lord Autumn, not you.”

A heavy hand on her shoulder silenced her, Cathair’s bony fingers digging into her. She struggled, but he held on tight, his sword-grey eyes burning with fury. “You believe that you can speak back to me?” he demanded, very quietly. “Hold your tongue, madam, or I will cut it out.”

“Let go of me!” Guin finally wrenched herself free; running on a torrent of pure anger, she threw back her arm and landed a well-aimed punch on Cathair’s nose. A sickening crack was followed by a sudden flow of blood, as Cathair swore and clasped his hands around his nose.

“You little witch,” he spat out venomously, starting towards Guin. But she was too fast, taking flight in terror, unable to believe what had just happened in such a short space of time.

Her escape led her out into the gardens, the cold night air hitting her hard. She ran across the grass, cursing herself for having failed at her task. She’d promised Liam that she would talk to Lord Autumn without fail; but there was no way she could try and go back to the library. No, there was only one place she could or would go now; to hell with the risks.

~~~

Guin had removed her shoes to soften her footfalls as she crept down the stairs that led to the servants’ part of the house. All seemed quiet; the kitchen was perfectly empty. She looked around at the surroundings that Liam would see every day, taking everything in. She needed to see him, but how would she find him? There was no knowing what room he slept in. Suddenly it hit her that she was behaving incredibly recklessly, but still she did not turn to go. She couldn’t wait for another chance meeting; she had to see him now.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 2:19 am 

Liam paced through his cramped room. Every step that he took, seemed to magnify his frustration. Ever since he had joined Guin’s crew and set foot on the Anne Boleyn, he had been able to sleep anywhere, any time, but now he couldn’t sleep. His restless mind kept repeating the pieces of information he had picked up.

That wasn’t difficult: it had been the main topic of the day. A party of fearsome looking redcoats had arrived in town that day. Their purpose for coming to town had not been disclosed, which resulted in the wildest gossips about their mission. One of the footmen claimed that he had been informed by the groom of the inn, where they had been staying, that it was a hunting party. At the end of the evening, everyone agreed that whoever they were searching for, their identities would be revealed soon.

All night Liam had been thinking of a way to share this information with Guinevere, to warn her, but it was too risky to sneak through the house in the dead of the night and go to her chamber. He would have to wait until the morning. Suddenly, their stay at Lord Autumn’s estate could be questioned again. All it would take was description of the Lady taken in by Lord Autumn or that lad that was working there to become known. The arrival of the Redcoats could jeopardize everything.

Finally, Liam stopped pacing, put on his shirt and hastily fastened his breeches. He would go outside, even though they had agreed to meet there at dawn, so Guinevere could tell if the first phase of the plan had succeeded. Liam needed fresh air and space around him to clear his head and adjust their plan.

He tiptoed down the stairs, moving through the house as swift as a shadow. All had gone to bed and now the hallways were silent and abandoned, Liam could even like the place. On the landing, he suddenly froze; footsteps. Someone else was downstairs, just coming around the corner.

“Guin?” Liam uttered with astonishment. “Guin, what are you doing here?”

PostPosted: October 17th, 2012, 7:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

“I’m here to see you,” Guinevere replied, a slight tremor in her voice. “I had to see you. I know you said we were to meet tomorrow at dawn, but I couldn’t… I couldn’t wait that long.” She didn’t know how to tell him what had happened; she had no idea how to start. She passed a hand over her forehead, unable to disguise the quiver in her fingers. “I…” she tried again, only to trail off. Finally, giving up on words, she adjusted the shoulder of her gown, revealing the vivid pink marks caused by the tight grip of Lord Eagle’s hand around her collarbones. He’d grabbed her so fiercely that she was sure she’d be bruised.

Guinevere raised her eyes to meet Liam’s, her gaze full of anguish. “I couldn’t get Lord Autumn on his own,” she whispered. “So I could not talk to him. And when it seemed I had found the right moment… Lord Eagle… more or less ambushed me. I spoke back to him, he grabbed me… I hit him… and now he is angry and I don’t know what he’ll do next.” Trembling, she readjusted her gown, pressing her lips tightly together. She hated to admit it, but she was afraid; terribly afraid. Cathair would make her pay for standing up to him, she was sure of it.

Reaching out, she took Liam’s hand, clasping it tightly. Her own hands were icy cold. She knew that it was dangerous for her to be here, for both of them, but she could not bear the thought of leaving, of going upstairs, maybe to find his lordship lurking in a dark corridor, waiting for her. Guin despised her own fear, but she truly couldn’t help it. Without another word, she drew closer and into Liam’s arms, resting her head against his chest. She released a deep breath, a wash of warmth spreading over her heart.

“I forbid you to confront Lord Eagle,” she suddenly said, quietly. “If you did, it would make things worse. He’d trump up some charge and put you in jail.” She paused, looking up and tenderly touching Liam’s cheek, her eyes full of sadness and love. “I can’t allow that.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next