Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 8th, 2024, 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aqua La Vida (coming soon)
PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 3:00 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Wenny & Lothy's ideas.

Basically, me and Lothy have been discussing new RPs. Previously we did a little fanfic of our own based on the Fountain of Youth, but it got dusty on the shelf. We've decided to put it up here and seeing as theres been spring cleaning we thought it would be the best time to post.
Bear with us while we organise it and watch this space!!
:-D
x

----------
THE PLOT

The Fountain of Youth: A legendary spring that restores the youth of anyone who drinks from its golden waters. Tales of such a fountain have been recounted across the world for thousands of years.
A map told of its whereabouts; a map now in the possession of Captain Jack Sparrow. Stole it, he did, from Sao Feng’s navigational chart. A chart said to locate the more obscure and mystical places of this world.
But there be talk of another; made by a simpler man. Herodotus, a Greek historian told of the fountain located in the land of the Ethiopians, which gave them their exceptional longevity. This map came into the possession of the explorer, Juan Ponce de León. It now be residing in the village of Santervás de Campos, his home, kept safe. But who knows of this?
A Captain, a Captain who knows these waters: Hector Barbossa. At the helm of his beloved Black Pearl, he has set out for this second map with the last remaining of his willing crew.
However, the Fountain was not placed to be easily reached. What monsters lurk in the sea’s before it? What betrayals and truths shall be realized? Your hearts desires or the thirst for immortality?
Choose yer side with caution. Ye be with Witty Jack or with Cunning Barbossa.
So, what is it you want most?

So there you are folks.
However, there a few wee rules to abide to.
1. No cross over’s. As the intro states: pick a side. But you have to stick with it. Team Jack, Team Hector and eventually team Alanna.
2. No more OC ships. Only the Duchess, Daedulus and the Pearl are to be used for realistic purposes: not many ships will be going out looking for this. (Lothy will add additional info on the ships and occupants soon and there may be talk of one Naval ship!)
3. There is a character limit, four main OCs for the same reason as the OC ships.

^Lothy^
~| Karrax/Dreax/Eoghelle/Barbea |~
</center>

Last edited by Eowéniel on October 11th, 2010, 5:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 5:37 pm 
Istari
Istari

Indeed guys, Wenny is right. I know this sounds a bit OST but believe me it's going to be different.

Now I know the three ships bit sounds strange, but hear us out; As like before we'll start out with Hector taking the Pearl and Jack partnering up with Alanna to get it back. Once he does, Hector, Andrea & Co. shall be stranded which is where the Daedulus (Andrea's ship) comes into play. Our character's journey will be in three parts; The Caribbean to Ireland, Ireland to Spain, Spain to Africa. Jack will regain the Pearl off the Irish coast, which is when the journey becomes a three horse race.

As for characters; we say four main characters, meaning the ones you will focus on. Obviously feel free to have more background characters and such that can still be interacted with.

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 6:14 pm 
Maia
Maia

Wow guys, this sounds truly epic! :-D I’m definitely in. :pirate: It’ll probably be difficult choosing sides for my charries though – I’ll have to think about it quite a bit! :blink: Anyhoo, I love that the pirates will be going to Ireland, Spain and Africa. Now that’s what I call an adventure. ^_^ *nods*

Ooh, btw, Lothy! Sudden brainflash! =D (Stupid word for brainstorm/idea/brainwave :lol: ) Will Hunter be around for this RP? Because if he is, I was wondering if we could have it so that he and Rosalind are together. <3 I don’t know if he’d be on the naval ship or whatever (if there will be one), but I think it would be mucho fun to play out Hunterlind’s relationship in a setting where they already know each other really well and are committed to each other. :-D <3 Aww, I’ll shut up before I go all gooey-eyed. Too late. :lol:

Long story short, I love the sound of this RP! :pirate:

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 6:54 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Goldy, that sounds awesome! :pirate:
I quite agree adding Hunter would be awesome for many a reason ;)
As for the Naval ship its still in question depending i think on how many are into the RP and how many of the navy charries they wanna use yanno? Still. Names for that ship are up for debate :-D (I'm sad like that i like naming things!)
Good to have you on board :pirate:
x

^Lothy^
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 7:03 pm 
Istari
Istari

Indeed Goldy, we can have Hunter and Rosa together. I think it might be an idea to have them married, then he could have left the EITC just before the battle (after finding Drea) and he could have moved back to Ireland with his bonny bride :P <3

Then he could meet Drea at the funeral and go with the to the Fountain of Youth. And yes, there is going to be an un-named death of a Costello xD

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 7:08 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

:-o dum dum dum!!! haha i feel evil being in the know mwahahaha :sly:

^Lothy^
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 7:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

Yay Wenny, I’m glad you like the idea! :-D It’s great to be on board the good ship Aqua La Vida – except I have no idea what this title means :lol: Don’t worry, naming things is fun. Especially ships. *nods* :pirate:

Ahhh Lothy you have no idea how happy I am you suggested that! <3 Seriously, I’m in the midst of a serious squee-fest over here. I would love for Hunter and Rosa to be married – this just sounds too awesome for words! Especially if he’s left the EITC, that means Rosa won’t have to be against the pirates, amongst the ranks of which are her brother and best friend, and Hunter will have found redemption! Plus, they’ll be married! <333 Too brilliant, too cute, too awesome. *jumps up and down* :-D
I should calm down, I’ve still got a nasty cough from the remains of my cold and getting too hyper isn’t doing me any good. :lol:

Now I’m hankering after a Hunterlind set *plots* Speaking of sets, Wenny, I love your new set! :pirate:

Ooh, a mysterious Costello death eh? Already, I'm curious. ;)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 7:16 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Ahhh, Aqua La Vida - according to Lothy - I believe means Fountain of Youth in Latin :happy:
I know I lurvvvvvvve it <3 Lothy made it for me as my photoshop sadly expired *sniff*
speaking of sniffs hope you feel better! Cold are such beeping beeps lol
x

^Lothy^
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 7:28 pm 
Istari
Istari

Knew you'd like it Goldy. And yes, 'tis going to be very sad and that. No one's going to find out who yet though, I'm keeping it under mine and Wenny's overly large, shared hat (overly large to fit our inflating heads) ;)

Also, this gives me the opportunity for some seriously cute Uncle!Hunter & Kayla time <3

Aqua La Vida is Water of Life by the way, a bit like Coldplay's Viva la Vida :P

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 7:59 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Ummm, this sounds positively epic and all but... I dunno... it really seems like we should take a step back and focus on the PotC RPs we have going on right now. :erm: Maybe it's just me, but... this is a super busy time of year and there's just not time for all of this and I'd truly hate to see this one die prematurely or another RP die just 'cause there's too many. :huh: Sure, a few were weeded out but there's still at least, what, 5 left. that's quite a lot really.

I just... I dunno... at this point I really don't think I could join if it starts soon. But I wish you guys all the luck! It truly does sound fantastic and fun. :yes:

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2010, 10:02 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I am with PD on this, although Agua La Vida sounds like OST but different it may be too much with everything I have going on right now. The RP sounds epic but I fear it's death already :( We've started a lot of great RPs, but they have simply died because of how many we have.

I'd love to see BHLN and KAWEOTH brought back to life before I see myself joining in as much as I'd like to... we'll see though, maybe my charries will sneak in sometime :pirate:

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 12th, 2010, 7:59 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Thats fair enough guys, its not mandatory :happy: And I agree with what your saying there are many RPs going atm and that it sounds like OST.
It doesnt really effect myself as im only RP-ing in KAWEOTH and BHLN and this was just a wee brainstorm while Lothy and I were chatting.
Aqua La Vida is still in the workings so who knows if and when it'll eventually be put up and as me and Lothy said above, it was only put up here as there was some spring cleaning going on and we thought it would be the opertune moment for this to pop up for others to see.
Hopefully it wont die and even if it does who knows maybe it can be revived!! :-D xx
Still to those who wanna to join up feel free!

^Lothy^
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 12th, 2010, 10:50 am 
Istari
Istari

^ That. Besides, we were actually going to post the RP itself closer to Christmas, this thread was just to see how much interest there'd be and just to sort of tease you by making you wait ;)

Kind of like a teaser trailer, as it were <3

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 21st, 2010, 9:52 pm 
Maia
Maia

This RPG sounds awesome!!!! I can't wait!

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 6:26 pm 
Maia
Maia

I would love to join this. May I reserve a spot as a main OC, I have an idea for character for this, and I would really like to be involved.