Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 23rd, 2024, 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: (Help) What is a RPG?
PostPosted: November 9th, 2006, 11:58 am 
Istari
Istari

I've noticed that there are alot of RPG boards/threads and I've read a little of some of them but I'm still not sure that I understand what a RPG is. So, okay, is it like a multiple writter, on going, fanfic or what? (sigh) If that's not what it is then please explain it to me.

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 9th, 2006, 3:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

Your classification of multiple-author fanfiction is pretty close to the mark..basically, it's an ongoing story that people get together and write, through the use of individual characters(hence the 'role' in roleplay). If you still don't get what I mean, feel free to PM me..this explanation may seem a bit vague, and if it is, I apologize.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 9th, 2006, 5:32 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Yeah, that sounds about right. Everybody plays a character (or two or three) and they all have different (and original) personalities, and they interact with each other.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 10th, 2006, 7:24 pm 
Istari
Istari

Raven Sparrow and Meldawen, So, they become an old character or a new character and they write about what they (as their character(s) are doing in the story and then the others write what they're doing. As well as talking to the other characters in the story. Right? Okay, I think that I get it now. :-D Thanks for explaining. Your explainations were both very good. Thanks. :-D

Destiny I'm a Christian boycrazy girl. Will Turner's wife ^&? Image Image Avatar by JF, banners by Taurquende, Nurrantiel Mashiara, Silme Meleth TarNymphadora, and JF taught me how to use banners. Thanks to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2006, 11:56 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Yeah, and nobody plays anybody else's character, so their personalities interact, type-thing. But like Raven said, your multi-writer fanfic description was pretty close.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2006, 6:19 pm 
Istari
Istari

Okay, I understand what it is now thanks to you and Raven Argetlam. Thanks a million to both of you. :-D

However, I have another question...how many time(s) are you supposed (or have) to post in most RPGs per day? Like I was reading something about where the mods had thought about starting a slower passed one and them posting 3 times a day (or something). So that's what got me wondering how "fast" the normal one are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 12:19 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Well, usually we all post as we are able, but sometimes one member will request that we slow down because he/she can't get on a computer enough to keep up with us. Generally, though, there isn't a guideline.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 2:43 pm 
Istari
Istari

^Oh, so it's just as much as that poster can post. That's good. I figured that there was a certain number.
Anyway, I think that I get that now, too. So thank you. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2006, 8:59 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

You're welcome :)

Profile       WWW