Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Viggo Mortensen
PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 4:25 pm 
Elf
Elf

He IS multi-talented and yes of course he is good looking but he is also a dad to a son named Henry. His son must be also talented. How old is he?

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 4:11 pm 

I think Henry is about 24 yrs old..and possibly talented?
He does have some background roles in his father´s movies, even LotR. He played an uruk-hai, in TTT.
He doesn´t look like Viggo at all, more like his mother.
Image Image Image

but you can judge for yourself :yes:

MvL/Nurr
my Aragorn

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 11:02 am 
Elf
Elf

Zandaïn wrote:
I think Henry is about 24 yrs old..and possibly talented?
He does have some background roles in his father´s movies, even LotR. He played an uruk-hai, in TTT.
He doesn´t look like Viggo at all, more like his mother.
Image Image Image

but you can judge for yourself :yes:

Thank you Zandaïn. Yes he doesn't look like his father but more like his mother. He looks nice but I never thought he looked like that until this day. :-o :) I think he looks very nice :yes: :yes:

PostPosted: May 4th, 2013, 4:19 am 
Vala
Vala

Viggo is awesome, but also one of the weirdest actors I know. Not in a bad way, but he is one strange cookie.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2013, 4:17 pm 
Ent
Ent

Recently read this article. Oh Viggo, why are you so fab~~

Interview: Viggo Mortensen's grand plan

Some of my favorite parts:

Quote:
I’ve been to many places in the world that I would not otherwise have seen. When we shot The Lord of the Rings, we had special permission to film in wild areas of New Zealand that could be accessed only by helicopter. They would drop us off and we would work all day, and they’d pick us up and take us out again.’

Famously, he wore his sword constantly and camped out in the wild while getting into character as the warrior king Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings, but despite this, he says he is not really a method actor, just meticulous. And quite fond of camping. 'I came to it later than the other actors. They were already filming when I was cast. So I was making up for lost time, trying to be familiar with the weapons and the clothing. But I happen to like fishing and camping anyway, and being outdoors. So it was mainly that: making the most of it all.’

Quote:
He’s 54 now, and if he’s vain, he hides it well. When his face was airbrushed on the US poster for his 2005 film A History of Violence, he asked for it to be remade. 'My face was completely unlined. It was impossible. It just looked fake.’

Quote:
When he longs for silence, he has a remote house in the mountains in Idaho, surrounded by woods. One of his brothers – a geologist – lives not too far away, and checks on it for him occasionally when he’s not there. His other brother lives in Los Angeles, and helps him to run Perceval Press. As he travels around the world for work, he keeps in touch with his scattered family via Skype.

'Computers used to be just bewildering, and I resisted a laptop for a long time as well, but then when I founded the press I had to use it. I use it for editing pages, for my photography, and it’s helpful. And I use it to stay in touch.’

His mother is slipping away into the twilight of dementia, but he still talks to her often. 'She knows who I am, but she gets things mixed up. She always loved movies, and she probably instilled that interest in me. There are a couple of channels that show old-time movies, and she watches those a lot. But now she thinks that’s what’s really happening, and she thinks I’m in every single one. Which leads to some very funny conversations: “I watched your movie.

I can’t remember what it’s called, but Ingrid was very good, as she always is. You – not so much.” Then I’ll ask her questions about it, and it was Notorious, or something. Or she’ll say, “It’s a nice day here, but the house next door exploded.” And I know that’s something she just saw on the TV. She seems happy, and she laughs a lot. But I do miss the conversations we used to have.’

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 5th, 2015, 1:38 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Viggo seems to be doing quite a few Spanish language films recently. Has anybody seen any of them?

JOIN THE EVILISHY NAZGÛL ALLIANCE FOR WORLD DOMINATION

PostPosted: November 5th, 2015, 1:49 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Hm... Interesting. No I have not nor had I heard he was even doing them!

And yes.... JOIN THE NAZGUL!!

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 5th, 2015, 1:56 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I know he did a play in Spain a while back. The last picture he did was filmed in Argentina which was his home country as a child. I will have to go to the video store and see if I can find anything. I'm sure they'll be subtitled.

I do like his choice of material, although I wasn't overly fond of The Road. Just a wee bit too depressing. But I love the stuff he's done with David Cronenberg.

JOIN THE EVILISHY NAZGÛL ALLIANCE FOR WORLD DOMINATION

PostPosted: November 5th, 2015, 4:47 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Hm. I guess I dosn't realize he grew up over there. I always liked him as one of my favorite actors from the movies but I was never the type to really look up a bunch of stuff in the actors and actresses.

I actually have not seem many other movies he has played in. I did see Hidalgo years back and really loved that movie... Butt that is my type of movie anyways. I loved his roll, though and thought he played it excelently. I never have seen The Road but if it is depressig I probably would not want to see it. There os enough trash in kife that makes me want to cry without watching a movie that does the same thing. Lol. If I am going to watch a movie I want it to be happy or positive in some way.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2015, 5:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

Jax Nova wrote:
Hm. I guess I dosn't realize he grew up over there. I always liked him as one of my favorite actors from the movies but I was never the type to really look up a bunch of stuff in the actors and actresses.

I actually have not seem many other movies he has played in. I did see Hidalgo years back and really loved that movie... Butt that is my type of movie anyways. I loved his roll, though and thought he played it excelently. I never have seen The Road but if it is depressig I probably would not want to see it. There os enough trash in kife that makes me want to cry without watching a movie that does the same thing. Lol. If I am going to watch a movie I want it to be happy or positive in some way.

I agree, Hidalgo is a really good movie. That and LOTR are the only movies I have seen with him in it.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 5th, 2015, 8:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

*nods* yeah, thise are the only two I have seen of his as well. But I loved them both and thought he did a great job with both rolls.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2015, 3:41 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I'm a huge fan of Hidalgo as well. And, I really like the two films he's done with Cronenberg: A History of Violence and Eastern Promises. I found both stories very compelling, and the supporting casts were wonderful. Viggo's acting was superb.

I have also watched a number of his older films: Carlito's Way, The Reflecting Skin, Indian Runner, and a few others that were filmed a number of years ago, and it's interesting to watch his progression as an actor. He had the good fortune to work with some really wonderful actors during this period: Al Pacino, Dennis Hopper, Michael Douglas to name a few; and they clearly has a positive influence on his personal development as an actor.

"JOIN THE EVILISHY NAZGÛL ALLIANCE FOR WORLD DOMINATION!"

PostPosted: November 6th, 2015, 3:45 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Ondian runner sounds femiliar but I can't say for sure of I have seen it. I mat have to look it up when I get home.

Yeah, I have heard actors say that who they work with really has an impact on their career. It would make sense.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2016, 11:47 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I have to say Viggo made a really good Strider, and could have made a really good Aragorn the King. I knew his Strider would be good when I first saw his face aglow from his pipe at The Parancing Pony.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2016, 4:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

Agreed, he did do an excellent job has Strider!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 7th, 2016, 11:09 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, I don't know of any other actors that would fit better, in my personal opinion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next