Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Tolkien Fansite
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2020, 8:32 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I have made and run fan sites for years. (I have since given up trying to maintain interactive sites such as forums as they take a lot of work and are virtually impossible for one person to run alone, and that doesn't take into consideration of the technical knowledge that you need to have to be able to install, maintain, and keep secure forum software.) So I have gone back to static sites. I have tried running blogs, but I don't post in them regularly so I have since stopped doing them. I also used to run some fanlistings which I've long since lost interest in. Instead, I prefer to just have a little site where I post stories, LOTRO items, crafts I make, etc... It has been a while since I updated the site, mainly due to being busy gardening and doing other things that are better or easier to do in warm weather. Now, the seasons are turning towards winter, so I'll soon start working on it again. If there are any other people in the forums who make similar fan sites, I'd gladly exchange links. These kind of sites used to be really common in the late 90's and early 2000's before twitter and facebook existed and the site looks kind of lonely now. I find I prefer doing sites this way because I can make it more my own, instead of the sameness which comes with social media profiles.

https://bright-eyes.neocities.org/legen ... index.html

Favourite Characters:
The Hobbit: Kili Thorin Fili, Bilbo Beorn Balin Roac
LOTR: Frodo Sam Pippin Merry Radagast Treebeard
Silmarillion: Tilion Orome Yavanna Mahal Vana

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: My Tolkien Fansite
PostPosted: June 26th, 2022, 9:24 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

In fact, of course, there are many different kinds of literature and you need to approach this as thoroughly and competently as possible. Without this there is no way. That is why I would recommend https://studydriver.com/literature/ to study various essays and articles about literature in order to understand it better, to define for oneself classics, modernity, and so on. It is important to move in this fascinating world in the right direction. Good luck.