All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rohan
PostPosted: September 12th, 2009, 10:19 pm 

Discuss Rohan here

Post subject: Re: Rohan
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2011, 4:43 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I love how the Rohirrim are so reliant on their horses and how they basically revere them as gods. They rely on them for everything! :notworthy: I love the music when they first enter Edoras and the Battle of Helms Deep! Bye! :bye2:

PostPosted: July 11th, 2012, 5:37 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Rohan is beautiful land with beautiful horses :teehee: And brave men. I think that if Rohan existed in our world, I would leave Poland and move there.

set by skitty

PostPosted: May 6th, 2013, 8:28 am 
Elf
Elf

Rohan is tasty grapefruit :P I love horses (but I guess not as much as some members here) as I love all animals after all. So it would be nice to spend there a little time. But I couldn't live there forever if I have to be honest. I would not fit in.

Elrond banner by Erin.

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 2:48 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Morning Star wrote:
I love how the Rohirrim are so reliant on their horses and how they basically revere them as gods. They rely on them for everything! :notworthy: I love the music when they first enter Edoras and the Battle of Helms Deep!

Hmm... didn't hear any music when I read about Rohan. ;-)
When I think of Rohan, I think of soft rolling hills of lush green grassy fields that are a bit wet and soggy as you get close to the Entwash. I don't see any rockiness or escarpments or river gorges. Maybe Edoras was up on a rocky rise at the foot of the White Mountains with Snowbourne to the south.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 1:30 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Very subtle, Hanasían. Image

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 3:18 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

Hanasian wrote:
... When I think of Rohan, I think of soft rolling hills of lush green grassy fields that are a bit wet and soggy as you get close to the Entwash ...

MEH! No friggin' way, Hanasían! The Huns were only able to get into western Europe through the help of Ostrogoths (and other tribes) they had subjugated. The Mongols, who turned back because of the death of the Great Khan successor to Genghis, would have runn into serious trouble with wet and soggy regions, never mind dense forests on the scale of Mirkwood. Cavalry and bogs or forests do not mix, period. And even in the early 14th century, determined (Dutch) pikemen slaughtered Philip IV of France's knights when they knew where to find them. And don't get me started on the 1346 Battle of Crécy, or the 1415 Battle of Agincourt!

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2018, 7:26 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Gandolorin wrote:
Hanasian wrote:
... When I think of Rohan, I think of soft rolling hills of lush green grassy fields that are a bit wet and soggy as you get close to the Entwash ...

MEH! No friggin' way, Hanasían! The Huns were only able to get into western Europe through the help of Ostrogoths (and other tribes) they had subjugated. The Mongols, who turned back because of the death of the Great Khan successor to Genghis, would have runn into serious trouble with wet and soggy regions, never mind dense forests on the scale of Mirkwood. Cavalry and bogs or forests do not mix, period. And even in the early 14th century, determined (Dutch) pikemen slaughtered Philip IV of France's knights when they knew where to find them. And don't get me started on the 1346 Battle of Crécy, or the 1415 Battle of Agincourt!

:duh: I'm talking about my vision of Rohan in MY when I read the Lord of the Rings books, not what YOU think Rohan looks like. I'll quote David Fisher here from his wonderful site Encyclopedia of Arda...

Quote:
"Entwash Vale
The wide valley of the River Entwash

The broad green valley that marked the passage of the River Entwash through the grasslands of Rohan. For most of its length, the vale ran north to south through the central regions of Rohan, and the river marked the boundary between the two great divisions of the realm, the Westemnet and the Eastemnet. As it approached the White Mountains, the river veered eastward. Here, its valley ran for a while between the mountains to the south and the Emyn Muil to the north, before flattening out as the Entwash flowed into the Anduin, where wide fenlands formed at the Mouths of Entwash and the Wetwang.

As a wide, flat valley, the Entwash Vale was a region of marsh and wetland, and prone to flooding by the Entwash itself (hence, indeed, the -wash of the river's name). The Vale's most famous flood came in the spring of III 2759, when the meltwaters of the Long Winter caused flooding across Rohan. These floods played an important part in driving the invading Dunlendings out of the land."

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 19th, 2022, 1:57 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Nice post! Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. check this and visit this site to know more Okbet manila