Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 11th, 2024, 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2006, 9:36 pm 

Yeah, I think we all needed kind of a "slap on the face" with the posting thing. I am glad they disabled the post count for the Misc. Randomness section. It did really encourage me to remember the much neglected LotR section. :blush: And the Tolkien Revival is even better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2006, 9:37 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

^yeah i agree with Taurquende :) we're all snapped out of the misc randomness thing now :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2006, 2:39 am 

I wonder, If every other section was closed except for the lotr sections for a week, or even a month, who would stay?
I mean this is a lotr but even I'm guilty of not going there.
I really do not spend a 10th of the time here as I used to. I used to be on the forum every day posting huge posts to almost every thread that I found of interest.

Now I have responsibilities and obligations outside of the internet, plus I'm working at computers all day, so when I have 'me time' I try get away from the computer and do other things.

I'm glad that people are appretiating the efforts that went into changing the misc randomness section.

I hope everyone understands, that whatever actions the moderators take, its not to punish people or to over rule them. Moderators are jsut regular members who have an extra responsiblity.
But saying that, everyone has that responsibility.

Every single persons responsibility is to keep this place friendly, keep it clean, keep it warm.

If everyone does their bit then its so much easier.

I dont want to over-rule people, I dont want to be a dictator, I'm no better than anyone else. When people say they hate moderators, that moderators are evil, dictatorish and prevent you from doing what you want, it really offends me.

Mods arent robots, their people. If what you want to do is against the rules...well duh your going to get pulled up on it.

The simple fact is, if you obide by the rules, and be a friendly respectible person and post quality then you will earn respect.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2006, 1:09 pm 
Maia
Maia

If all the off-LotR topics were closed, i'm sure I woulden't come as much. As much as I love LotR, the subjects on Your Life (my fave board) are more imporatant to me than LotR. You will all probably hate me for saying that :P
And I'm really glad about the Misc. Randomness post count thing... i've found out since then that there are other threads that are just as fun not found there... I'm starting to like RPGing now. I still love playing the games at MR though :-D

<center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 5:50 pm 
Maia
Maia

That's a tough question, Jo. A lot of people probably use this for more RL than LotR purposes - which is what it's here for! It's fine to discuss RL, but we should keep LotR #1 here. Which is what makes the Tolkein Revival so awesome! :D
P.S. Don't think I'm pointing any fingers, I am sooooo guilty of the RL thing. ;)

Thank you for five-plus wonderful years of obsession, friendship and fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 6:07 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

*le gasp* How could I survive without the contests page?! :swoon:. I'm probably one of the worst for not posting in a LOTR section. I've probably posted about 20 times (if that) in a year. By the time I discovered the AU forum I think I had discussed everything on other forums! :blush:

I would really love to know who says Mods are evil as every mod I have seen around are always polite, informative, courteous, funny and do their (duifficult) job exceedingly well. I couldn't begin to imagine the huge task it must be to keep this forum going. Viva le Mods!

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 6:29 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Well the mods are nice ... but sometimes they can get a bit snappy and scary :hide:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 6:38 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Haldir o Lórien wrote:
Well the mods are nice ... but sometimes they can get a bit snappy and scary :hide:

If they are every snappy it's most likely because members aren't co-operating. I've yet to find a Mod scary. There would be many complaints if Mods didn't do their job well, so I don't think we should call them "scary" for doing their job properly.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 6:41 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

well i didnt say they didnt do their job properly. i just said that they seem scary sometimes, but that's just me. i never said they were mean or anything.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 6:49 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Haldir o Lórien wrote:
well i didnt say they didnt do their job properly. i just said that they seem scary sometimes, but that's just me. i never said they were mean or anything.

No, I know you didn't, I was just pointing out that sometimes in order to do their job properly they maybe are snappy sometimes, but that happens to the best of us. :-)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 7:54 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

yes i know, some mods I really like though ;)

well anyway ... since the Miscellaneous Randomness thing is done ... what's the point of this thread?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 8:10 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Well I like all the Mods I have "seen in sction" or spoken too, and that's quite a few of them. ;)

Well it still serves a purpose and undoubtedly there are people yet to share their opinions. :-)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 8:18 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

well i guess, but action has already been taken ... i doubt a lot of people will post here anymore *sighs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 11:34 pm 

Wow, that was an entertaining conversation to read I must admit! ;)

So, since we're on the topic of "mods" is there anything you want us to do more of? Enforce things better or....? I'd,no, we'd love to hear your comments!

[Will accept any PM! So PM me! :teehee:]

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2006, 11:53 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

actually Sid, you're one of my favourite mods ;) Hmmm no on the whole i think you're all doing a fabulous job!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2006, 1:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

Can I ask a mod a question please? (you really should have a thread for this!) Just been wondering about the new club rules, does it really matter if the posts are going of topic, isn't it the fact that the posts are decent length and contains no swearing or anything thats important? We go of topic al lthe time on other boards, why are the mods cracking down on off- topicness there?

[font=Times New Roman, serif].:Sig by me, open to requests of banners, anicons, avvies and wallies over PM:.
.:For Icon credit, PM me:.
[/font]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next