Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 1st, 2024, 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do I download fonts?
PostPosted: September 24th, 2005, 8:30 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Please help me with this!! I may be a graphics maker, but I can't download fonts..I have Photoshop CS if that helps.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 25th, 2005, 10:05 am 
Istari
Istari

Well I think I can answer this..

First you have to download em', clicking the download button, then a bow will come up that has 3 button, Open, Save and Cancel. Click save, and then put it in a folder that you'll know where it is. Then you click save. It'll download and then the box will change to say, Open, Open folder, and close. You can open tp see if its the right font or not. I usually just go close. Now go to your start menu and click on My Document or My Computer and find where you saved the font's folder too. Open another one to that point too. Then choose one and double click on the font so it opens seperatly, find the little thing inside that says the fonts name or says True Font Type and drag it over into the other My Documents/My Computer window, into the folder you saved the font into.
You should be able to see both the font and the font's folder in the same place.
Now go to control panel and click on fonts. Once that is up go to file and install new fonts. Where it has all the little yellow folders underneath, you have to find where you saved your font again. I find that I usually have to double click the folder that says c:/ and then the same thing for the Documents and Settins one. Then its either All Users or User depending on where your folder is. Once you find the right folder the box that says List of fonts will load all the fonts in your folder there. Just click on the one you want and hit OK. If you want more than one click and then hold ctrl while clicking. After you've hit Ok you can go back to the My Documents/My Computer window and delete the fonts folder if you want. Just so it doesn't take up space on your computer.

I hope that made sense... If it doesn't I'll try explaining it better,

Good Luck!

<center>Proud Member many Clubs (specially the Nazgul Club) Nazgul #3
Image</center>

Profile           YIM