Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: HALLOWFEST - LOVELY COUNTRY HOME
PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 11:22 pm 

A curious car was coming up the drive. It was long and luxurious, and seemed to belong in the 1920s era. As it pulled up, a devastatingly handsome chauffeur got out and opened the backseat door, revealing a decidedly over-dressed lady. She was decked out in long opera gloves, a sparkly, gold-sequined bodice, and a flowing, powder blue skirt, with a long cigarette holder and of course a mink coat. The chauffeur took her hand as she got out. "Ah, thank you Sergey, as always. You may come back for me on the night of the 31st."
Sergey gave a little cough. "Ay ownly hope zat Madame vill still be here on ze 31st."
"Now, now, Sergey! That's no way to talk! I know we've had some... incidents in the past... and then there was that thing last year when we ended up in Dracula's castle... but that's no reason to assume that things won't be better this year! After all, the sixth time's the charm, isn't it?" the woman said brightly.
"Iff you'll pardon me, Madame, I belief ze egpression is 'third time iz---'"
"Thank you, Sergey! Remember, midnight on the 31st! Or would it be the 1st? Yes, well, you know what I mean."
With a quiet "Yes, Madame," a resigned Sergey returned to the car, shaking his head to himself as he drove away.

Meanwhile, 'Madame,' or rather, Taur, approached the house. The door was open, so she let herself in to find a merry crowd gathering in the hall. "Hello, Daahlings!" she cried, spreading her arms wide. This elicited some very odd looks from the other guests, and Taur stood frozen with her arms out, having a very serious internal conversation as to why on earth she was talking like that. It must be the coat, or maybe the cigarette holder, messing with her head and making her feel like Cruella de Ville. She took the coat off and threw the cigarette holder out the widow. Let's try that again.
"Hello, everybody! Ah, Algernon! It's a pleasure to see you again! And, um, pardon me, are you a fox?" she said, addressing Robin Hood.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 11:50 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Headless Horseman wrote:
"AH!" cried Algie startled by the voice. He turned to see Moriel. "Good evening, you have me quite a fright m'dear" he said with a bow. Chuckling he added "part and parcel of the party though eh, Halloween and such".

Moriel laughed. Giving the Headless Horseman a fright. What a hoot that was. However, shrugged the matter off. "Of course," she said. "That is what Hallowwen is all about."

As many more guests arrived, Moriel became more excited. She was eager to explore this big, old country house. Yet, she did not know where to go first. A search of candy in the kitchen, have some fun in the game room, or grab a book to read in the library. It was like an adventure. "Oh goodness, I feel like a child, you know," she said.

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 12:16 am 
Istari
Istari

Robin was about to follow John into the kitchen when a rather fancy looking lady swept into the house. Quirking one furry eyebrow at her as she swept her arms wide and channeled Cruella, the fox once again turned to the doorway towards the kitchen.

He was arrested in his tracks though as the fancy lady's voice rang out, "Um, pardon me, are you a fox?"

He turned back towards her. "I am indeed. Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest, at your service." He made a deep bow, complete with sweeping his green cap off his head. "My compatriot, Little John, should be around here somewhere. I believe he headed off to the kitchen."

----------

Meanwhile, John had wandered down the hall and discovered the kitchen. Eyes lighting on the counter, he found, to his delight, a large bowl of mixed berries. Grabbing the entire thing, he munched on them as he began to explore the house. Let's start with this thing called a "game room" he mused.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 12:44 am 
Istari
Istari

Anastasia hurried towards the glamorous woman who had just arrived. When in doubt, get in the inner circle in any way possible, that was her motto, and this looked like a good place to begin.

"Madame, such a lovely cottage you have chosen," she gushed. Is it true that there is an observatory here? And a greenhouse? Dear me, it seems that we have quite a lot of exploring ahead of us!" She paused, thinking... was it too much to hope for? "You wouldn't happen to have any rare medieval documents on hand, by chance? I take it upon myself to... collect whatever I come across, for the sake of my profession, of course."

Did the host notice her hesitation before the word 'collect'? Anastasia hoped not. It was a loose term for what she did, it was true, but perhaps it was better for these people not to know the ins and outs of her profession.

married Mr. Darcy 6/14/2012

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 1:09 am 

"Oh, dear." Taur said in reply to Robin Hood. She suddenly felt very awkward about her mink coat. "Ahem, Yusef!" she cried, calling the ever-present and long-suffering Hallowfest butler. He appeared accordingly. "Do take care of this," she whispered as she handed him the coat.
Freed from her Cruella accessories, Taur was able to respond to Robin Hood with an elegant curtsy. "Pleased to meet you, Mr. Hood. My name is Taurquende, often called Taur. Ah, I'm a little peckish myself. Pliff should be around here somewhere... I'll have her set out some things to eat in the dining room." Taur started to wander off to the find the equally ever-present and arguably worse-suffering Hallowfest maid, before being arrested by a very earnest young woman.
"Well, thank you! though Nurr was the one who picked the house. But it has a lovely, homely, quality, does it not? Not like those creaky old mansions we used to have our parties at! Really, in retrospect it was no surprise that people---but, no use dwelling on the past! Now, medieval documents, did you say? Hmm..." she furrowed her brow. "No, not on me. But, by the by, how to do you collect things that already belong to people?" she wondered unsuspectingly.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 1:29 am 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Moriel was glad to see that all of the guests have arrived. "Greetings everyone," she said. The HallowFest was always a good time. "The night is still young, would anyone care to join me in the game room?" she asked. "I would gladly challenge anyone to a game of sorts." Moriel said. "What ever is there of course," she added.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 1:33 am 
Istari
Istari

Robin laughed, "It's just Robin, Taurquende" He turned to Moriel, "What sort of game did you have in mind? A game of chess or checkers would suit me right now."

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 2:32 am 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

"A game a checkers sounds fine," Moriel said. "I could not play a game of chess to save me life," she added and laughed.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 2:44 am 
Istari
Istari

"Checkers it is then," said Robin, and he trotted off in the direction of the game room. Finding a board rather easily (there was an entire table set up for checker-board games) he set up the pieces and pulled over two comfy-looking chairs. "Red or Black?" he called over his shoulder.

-----

Little John got to the game room as Robin was setting up the board. He had gotten side-tracked and poked his head upstairs to look at the bedrooms. He had found the observatory particularly fascinating and had spent a few long moments gazing at the stars above through the glass ceiling. The bedrooms didn't seem like anything special to him at the moment, but then again, he was used to the woods. Still munching on berries, he stole Robin's chair, earning a glare from his friend. The bear chuckled and got up, only to go flop on the couch and read a book. He took up the entire thing, and his feet hung off the end.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 3:03 am 

Elena slowly made her way over to the country house. She had had some trouble getting here, which had also caused her to loose her left shoe, but seeing the brightly lit house absolutely cheered her up. She was just in time to see a luxurious, old-fashioned car driving away. Hopefull that meant she wasn't that late.

As she entered through the front door, she caught a glimps of a fox's tail. Only then her attention was brought to the interesting group of guests before her. A headless man, several ladies dressed in beautiful ancient dresses and robes, a young soldier and a very sparkly person. This will be an interesting holiday.

"Hello everyone, I'm terribly sorry I'm late but I've had some delay while getting here."

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 4:37 am 

Raleigh had felt something akin to panic at the sudden influx of beautiful women. Going straight from school to the army regiment meant that he hadn't spent a great deal of time speaking to girls, and now there were so many of them--one of them even looked like she could be a queen.

But then again, there were also a few talking animals present, so perhaps he needed to sort out his priorities.

His ears also perked up at the sound of someone shouting Germany quite loudly. He had no intention of being unpleasant, but a vocal supporter of the Kaiser? No, he wasn't ready for that just now.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 7:40 am 
Istari
Istari

"Oh, people often give them to us," said Anastasia, expertly waving aside Taur's question. "But sometimes we have to go looking for them first, of course; things like that don't turn up every day. Now, what about this greenhouse I've been hearing so much about?"

married Mr. Darcy 6/14/2012

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 10:10 am 

"Ow!" Nurr rubbed the top of her head and glared at the wooden beam. Somehow it just appeared right there! At least she hadn't dropped anything. Emerging from the cellar (she would call it a basement at home, but cellar sounded so much more elegant!) she was overwhelmed by the crowd that seemed to have appeared.

"Ah. Er...sorry everyone! Downstairs is pretty muffled from sound, or I would've been up here to greet you properly! Yusef!" She called. The poor, long-suffering man gave her a look over the pile of coats and things he was taking. "Ahah, well, Yusef, come and take care of this, will you?" Nurr plunked down the two bottles of sparkling grape juice she had retrieved from the cellar. "I would have gotten some wine, of course, but I don't know the laws in this part of the ...wherever we are." She then tried to do her belated duty as host.

"Dearest Algie, how lovely to see you again! I'm so glad you could-" Nurr was stopped short at the sight of Sparkle. "Why, Sparkle! I had given up on you- we hadn't gotten your RSVP! Just wanted to surprise some old friends, eh?" She gave a knowing glance to the two of them. "OH! Taur! There you are! We must discuss the schedule for a moment." Pulling her co-host aside briefly, they made some scribbled additions to the welcome table.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 10:37 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

The meeting and greeting of old and new friends was always one of the pleasant parts of the Hallowfest and sometimes could last for hours. When everyone had spent some time talking to one another, they passed through to the dining room where a cold supper had been laid on. Meats and pastries, chutneys, salads, bowls of punch. When everyone had been properly fed and rested from their journey's, they bid goodnight to their hosts and retired to their rooms.

Each room had their name on, and Algie was happy to see that his overlooked the stables and looked out at the fields beyond so he could keep his eye on Eliza.

When he awoke the next day it was very late. "OH" he yawned and stretched. "I had not meant to sleep that long". He got dressed combed his.. er... yeah and went downstairs. Some of the guests had already eaten and the smell of fried foods hung in the air. But place settings were still laid out on the dining room table for those who had yet ton arrive.

"Good morning Yusef" said The Horseman to the butler patiently standing on guard. Yusef looked glumly down at his feet.

"Poor fellow" thought The Horseman. "He always seems very miserable at these events".

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 1:12 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

One guest had shown up rather early, but had gone unnoticed. But of course, that's how it usually was, since he was rather shy to say the least. Always staying back and watching, though occasionally he would get lonely and want a hug, but people always ran in those occasions, and this only made him all the more lonely and shy.

Slenderman had the remarkable ability to teleport, and so instead of taking the long walk through the woods, he decided to just appear in the house, taking a corner to stand in and watch. He towered above the other guests, who were a very curious array indeed. From a sparkly woman, to a talking fox and bear, a headless man, many elegant ladies, and a strapping man in uniform.

Slendy felt out of place with his simple black suite and red tie, but then he didn't have much to worry about since he stayed quiet and just watched from his corner, his expression giving nothing of his thoughts away. But then, they couldn't because he had no expressions for his white face was rather.... blank.

Some went up to bed, some went to go play a game of checkers, and some went on a quest for food. A rather lively bunch it seemed. When most were distracted or gone from the room, Slendy went over to the map, stooping down to be able to get a good look at it. A rather large place, this was. With plenty of possible spots to stand and watch like his previous corner.

Of course, this wasn't the first year Slenderman had gotten an invitation. In fact, he had gotten one the previous five years, but never attended before. Last year's Hallowfest he had attempted to make it, but work would always pull him away. He didn't allow that to happen this year. This year was the year Slendy finally made it to the Hallowfest and he would make the best of it.... by shyly standing in the corners.

But wait, maybe there was a small dance room in the Game Room. Slendy was very fond of dancing, and was rather good at it. Especially tap dancing. So he decided to teleport over there and see what all the Game Room had.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 4:32 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Feleciano realized he had really done nothing but wander around, sing, and whimper for Germany all last night, so he decided he would get to know some people and chat. (And believe me: once Feleciano gets to know someone, he can chat. And chat. AND CHAT. unless of course you threaten him, which will probably result in tears) Anyways, so he looked around, passed a man who looked as though he was trying to bore a hole in his feet with his eyes, stopped to say hello to an extravagantly dresses woman who had greeted him with an, "Oh hello dear!" until he heard music playing downstairs. "Well it certainly seems like they're having fun down there!" So Feleciano skipped down the narrow steps and fell the rest of the way down, and burst through the aged door, causing quite a scene.
A ghostly pale man with no face stared at him for a moment (he couldn't be sure though. Its awfully hard to tell if someone's looking at you when they have no face) and then resumed his tap dancing. Feleciano looked at the man for a second, terrified, then plopped next to a young woman with only one shoe and tried to start some conversation.

"So.." he began, "Do you like pasta?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next