Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: HALLOWFEST - LOVELY COUNTRY HOME
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 7:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

Anastasia shook her head at the silliness of the song, but perhaps it was a good moment for some comic relief.

"Anyway, I think that Raleigh has a point: it would take us all day if we tried to search as a big group. Why not split into four groups? That way each group could look over one side of the two floors. But we should all remember to be careful - shout if you find anything or are in danger. There's a killer on the loose."

married Mr. Darcy 6/14/2012

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 8:25 pm 

Taur finally managed to gather herself enough to join the conversation. The murder had rather stunned her silly. "Oh... yes, we... should look... clues, yes." she said with a shaking voice.

She began to look about the room on her hands and knees, right where the body had been, though it gave her a cold feeling. The shattered remains of the piggy bank lay about, and among them she found a feather, a very shiny rock, and a boot-knife.

"What could these mean?" she pondered, holding them out to everybody with wide eyes.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 8:28 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Moriel looked at the items that Taur held up for all too see. "Odd," she said, looked at the items, studying them. "More clues, I would think."

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 8:43 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Morgana looked at the objects Taur had found. "Seems like something of Robin Hood's to me." she said. "Arrows have feathers, and he seems to me he likes weapons. I'm not sure what the rock would be about though..." she trailed off.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 8:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

"That's true, Morgana," Anastasia said as she took the strange collection of objects and turned them over in her hands. "Although I'm not quite sure why the murderer would leave them here for us to find. Do you think they did it on purpose, knowing who we would suspect?"

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 9:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Do you mean someone might be framing me?" Robin Hood squawked indignantly. "I hate it when people do that! Why Prince John one time..." the rest of his sentence was muffled as the bear standing behind him clapped a paw over his friend's muzzle.

"Please do not tell that story again, Robin. It's old. And I've already heard it twice this week." Little John frowned. "Or was that the evil bacon story..."

"Anyway." John continued, "to my knowledge, Robin has never carried a boot knife. Messes up his fur. And Marian finds it creepy and unattractive in a man."

If Robin hadn't had fur, his face would have flushed a very unflattering red. "Can you please stop teasing me about Marian already?" The only answer he got was a triumphant grin.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 9:38 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"I don't know if I like the idea of splitting up... I hate being alone...." Feleciano confessed. He studied the items on the floor.
"Why would the killer leave clues like this? I mean, what good is a shiny rock? Unless those things were in the piggy bank as well."

!Oh, why does he have to be so far away from Germany at a time like this?" he thought. But he didn't dare say it out loud.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 9:50 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

"Hmm" pondered The Horseman.

"I don't suppose we could be looking at outsider eh?" as everyone looked at him. "Well you never know" he said with a shrug of the shoulders. "Perhaps just once a murder could have been perpetuated by a complete and random villain" he offfered.

"Attempted robbery and all that" he added. "Rock to break in, break a window, a lock, a door. The feather could have blown in...the piggy bank must have been very tempting for a thief".

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 10:14 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Good point," said Anastasia. "We can't rule out any possibilities, of course. The murderer need not be one of us." She shuddered away from the idea and continued. "You seem to know a lot about what happened, Horseman," she noticed. "Why don't you tell us what the boot knife was for?"

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 10:56 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

"Well" stammered the Horseman, delighted that someone thought that he knew what he was talking about. "I think" he whispered, "that the knife was there for their protection" he continued nodding his erm.. *ahem*..."being a thief in the night has got to be a risky business, and you would need protection. You can't bank on finding a handy weapon if you need one. A sword? Too big and too much of a chance of your injuring yourself. A gun? Too noisy. A frying pan? Too cumbersome. But a knife that could be safely secreted in a boot or on a belt that" he added with a..er..wink. "That's the best weapon to defend yourself with".

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 12:12 am 
Istari
Istari

Anastasia frowned. "Ooh-kay," she said as she thought it over. "But I think you've overlooked one thing. If the knife was a weapon, why didn't the murderer use it to kill Elena? And why would they leave it lying here if they were using it to defend themselves?"

PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 12:19 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

"Ah" said The Horseman. "Hmm.." .."erm" as he tapped his er..*ahem*... "perhaps...the thief was not a very good thief, his first job maybe, and in his panic he just flung the thing he was stealing from, at the person who spooked him, killed her with it, and dropped his knife and THEN fled" finished The Horseman triumphantly, very pleased with himself in the process.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 10:22 am 

Elena nodded along while the Horseman was talking. His explanation seemed to cover all the clues, except one. "But what about the very shiny rock?" She asked, pointing at the rock near Taur.

"I assume the murderer didn't bring that in him or herself, because it wouldn't have much use during a break in. It's probably too fragile to break locks, and there is no shattered glass so it wasn't used to break the window. Which means the rock must have been taken from this house."

PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 4:11 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"But how did we not notice him... or her, coming in?" Feleciano asked, unable to grasp what the Horseman was saying. "There's no shatted glass, and the coins go out the door. Where and when did he break in?" He was willing to suggest any idea before thinking it was one of the people around them. The thought of it made him squirm in his boots.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 4:58 pm 

"Well, I think we ought to take our minds off this dreadful murder and go down to the game room for some lovely Halloween games," Nurr said, slipping into her posh-it's-not-really-but-she-thinks-it's-great-for-dramatic-moments accent. "I happen to know there's some set up for apple bobbing, and there are lots of decorations if anyone feels festive...."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 5:59 pm 

Suddenly, a horrible scream pierced all corners of the house, startling everyone terribly. Pliff came running, half mad, out of the kitchen, simply crying, "Another, another!"

Anastasia Smith was dead.

---

Second Victim: Anastasia Smith
Time of Death: 6:44 AM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next