Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: HALLOWFEST - LOVELY COUNTRY HOME
PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 9:01 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Moriel was enjoying a relaxing evening in the parlor with some of the other guests, having casual conversation when suddenly once again, a horrible scream filled the large. "Oh dear," she said. "Sounds like there has been a second murder, my friends."

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 9:33 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Feleciano had been up in his room painting to get his mind off of the incident, when he heard a scream coming from downstairs. He jumped and spilled his paint all over his canvas, but he was too busy to notice. All he knew now was that Elena's death couldn't have been an accident, as much as he wanted to believe it was. He sat there rigid as a board momentarily, then decided to see who it was. But did he really want to know?

"M-maybe I should just call Germany and go home..." he considered. He had thought of doing so several times after getting lost for about the 6th time in the house. "No," he told himself. He had to go through with it. And he began the walked downstairs, feeling more at risk with every step.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 9:49 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Morgana laid in her room resting, thinking about Elena's death, when a scream interrupted her thoughts. She jumped up. No, not another murder!
She hurried in the direction of the scream. Guests stood around, staring at someone on the floor. Coming closer, she saw Anastasia lying on the ground, dead.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 10:18 pm 
Istari
Istari

Anastasia opened her eyes as if from a long sleep, shuddering away from several horrible sensations that nevertheless demanded her attention. For instance, there was the rather important fact that she was dead. In fact, her ghostly form was now floating a few inches above the kitchen floor, staring down at what had been her body. "This has got to be the weirdest thing ever," Anastasia muttered to herself. "But what happened?"

---

She tried to think back to this morning, when she had woken up early and felt a craving for some breakfast. As she entered, she got the sense that something didn't feel quite right, but before she was able to put a finger on what that was, it was too late. Anastasia distinctly remembered the cold clammy feel of pasta being wrapped around her neck from behind. Being strangled to death is not something one can easily forget, especially when the act is done with pasta, of all things.

As her circulation was cut off, Anastasia felt her breath begin to quicken and she began to gasp in desperation. What is going on here? she thought. First Elena and now me! They'll all be out of their minds with worry - I have to give them a clue. She struggled with her captor, who only tightened their hold on her. However, in her last seconds of life she managed to tear a piece of brown cloth from their clothing. Well, they can't say I didn't do my best, Anastasia thought as she drifted off into the unknown. My last gift - I hope it helps.

married Mr. Darcy 6/14/2012

PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 11:05 pm 

"Okay!" Taur clapped her hands together decisively, determined not to be blind-sided this time. "Let's do this systematically. YUSEF!" Enter Yusef. "Take the body to the cellar with the other. And don't look so glum! This isn't your first time, you know." she said with an odd, slightly manic smile. Yusef did not stop looking glum, but he did as he was told.

"Now," said Taur. "What have we got here?" she examined the floor, Holmes-style. "Plenty of noodles, obviously--- that's what she was strangled with. And, look! Mud, caked on the floor, along with... muffins? What would those be doing there?"

PostPosted: October 25th, 2012, 8:19 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Feleciano opened the kitchen door, braced for the worst, and there he saw the pale silver body of Anastasia, hovering above the stone floor. She spun around and gave him a suspicious glare, but he didn't know why or what he had done. Then he saw the pasta on the floor. Had someone killed her with... pasta??

"Hey, you guys really don't think it was me? ...Do you? I would never kill anyone! Especially not with pasta!" His brown eyes darted around nervously. Did someone want them to believe it was him?

PostPosted: October 25th, 2012, 11:17 am 
Istari
Istari

Little John rolled over and stuffed the pillow over his ears. Do the guests at this gathering never stop screaming? he wondered to himself. Wait... screaming is a bad sign.

With a soft "umph", the bear hauled himself out of bed, pulled on his tunic and headed downstairs. He was greeted with the sight of a ghost and a body in the kitchen. Feleciano was standing petrified, looking at the murder... weapon? Murder pasta sounded better. Little John doubted that the italian had it in him to murder someone... but stranger things had happened.

He bent down to take a look at the mud, staring at it intently to try and discern its origin or source.

------

Robin was sitting in the greenhouse, writing a letter to Marian, when the scream tore through the air. After the ringing in his ears subsided, the fox wandered in the direction of the noise. Arriving at the kitchen, he leaned on the doorframe, arms crossed. "Seriously? Another one? This party is officially unsafe."

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 25th, 2012, 12:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Unsafe certainly is one way to describe it," Anastasia agreed with a trace of irony, before turning back to Feleciano.

"Regardless of whether or not I might believe you," she said, "you have to admit that the evidence points straight to you as the culprit. Who else would think of using pasta as a weapon?"

Anastasia paused for a moment, thinking. "This is what I'm worried about," she continued, looking around at those who had already gathered in the kitchen. "Some of these clues just seem too obvious. What if we're wrong? What if we're dealing with an expert framer here?"

PostPosted: October 25th, 2012, 2:25 pm 

Elena had been hovering around in the library, looking at the extensive collection of ancient books, when she heard the piercing scream. She followed the banging sound of running footsteps, very careful not to float right through someone (just imagine the panic that would cause). Suddenly she found herself at eye-height with Anastasia, who was also floating a few feet above the ground.

"I'm very sorry for your dead." Elena said. What is the correct thing to say to a new ghost anyway? she wondered Then she looked around at the crime scene. Pasta, mud, muffins, and a scrap of brown cloth in the hand of Anastasia's body..

"I agree with you, some clues are really a bit too obvious. Surely a murderer who has killed two people by now wouldn't leave clues that can only point to himself?"

PostPosted: October 25th, 2012, 5:08 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Feleciano really didn't know what to think at this point. He shows up at at party, suddenly the first friend he makes is killed by a flying piggy bank. As soon as he gets over it, another one of his new friends is strangled by his favorite food.

"This person, whoever it is, sure uses strange things as weapons." He commented. "What next?" Although he desperately hoped there wouldn't be a "next"

PostPosted: October 25th, 2012, 5:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

"It seems to me," said Robin (thinking out loud), "that the murderer is just using whatever is on hand to murder people. We may be dealing with a dangerous psychopath that kills for the fun of it." He turned to Taur, "before, was the piggy bank part of the room decor, or was it an addition to the room?"

Little John agreed with this train of thought, "Yes, the pasta noodles could have just been in the kitchen already, it may be a case of just using whatever is lying around... I hope we will not have opportunity to find out what will happen next."

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 26th, 2012, 2:09 am 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

"What? Moriel said in quite of a shock. "Murdered by pasta? Is that even possible?" She crossed her arms. "I will say that that is a waste of food."

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 26th, 2012, 1:17 pm 

As if one murder hadn't been enough to ruin the party--now there was a second. Raleigh had stared in disbelief along with the rest of the guests, thinking it an awfully tragic way to go, being killed by food.

It also seemed quite careless for someone to leave potentially lethal objects (like pasta) unattended. Then again, pasta was Italian, and Raleigh could think of one careless Italian in attendance. He narrowed his eyes; he hadn't liked Feliciano ever since the first word the guy had said was Germany.

"Would anyone like to confess cooking pasta last night?" he had to ask. It didn't seem like someone would go through the trouble of cooking their murder weapon when they could just as easily plan to use something less dramatic (and likely more effective, even if dead was dead).

PostPosted: October 26th, 2012, 4:40 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Hearing what Raleigh had just asked, he looked guiltily at his feet.
"Well..." Feleciano began, "I was so hungry last night, and I didn't want to bother Yusef, so I thought I would make some pasta, but then I realized I left my tomatoes up in my room, so I ran upstairs and grabbed them, and I made some sauce, but by the time the sauce was done I realized the pasta was already cold, so I left it on the counter to eat the next day and-"

Raleigh cut him off. He didn't want to deal with Feleciano's ramblings, he just wanted to know if he made pasta.

"Yes.." the Italian confessed. "But I'm sorryyyy!!! Please don't be mean to meeee!" he burst out.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2012, 6:25 pm 
Istari
Istari

Anastasia smiled reassuringly at Feliciano, hoping to calm him. "No one is trying to be mean to you," she said. "We're just trying to find out how I died, and to tell the truth, I would very much like to know that as well. You know, murder is also rather mean..."

PostPosted: October 27th, 2012, 9:39 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

The Dark One appeared at the front of the house extremely late because his spell didn't work right, he searched around for his invitation to make sure this was the right place but he couldn't find it so he just decided to go up to the door and knock, he reached for the knocker but the door swung open so he went in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next