Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: HALLOWFEST - LOVELY COUNTRY HOME
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 12:21 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"Yes, rather suspicious indeed," Slenderman replied to Moriel. "If it wasn't for the fact that I am not giving myself a hug. Though I do like hugs."

But of course he wasn't giving himself a hug. As always his arms were straight down by his sides. "Also, I was dancing in the Game room. Just ask the crying one," he said, nodding his white head towards Feleciano.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 12:47 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I agree, Moriel... a very odd thing to say." Morgana said, peering at Slenderman's featureless face. She thought he was creepy, to say the least, and wondered how he was able to see or talk. Though she had a feeling this strange man wasn't the one.
"Let's just hope whoever it is doesn't kill any more people." she said to no one in particular, though glancing at the tall man out of the corner of her eye.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 3:05 am 

Elena 'woke up' to find herself floating a few feet above the ground. Even weirder, there were some people, including Yusef, who were carrying a body away that belonged to her, at least untill a few minutes ago. She looked at her hands. They had been warm and human before, but now they were a sort of misty grey, and she could see right through them. Well this is an unexpected turn of events.. she muttered.

Suddenly she became aware of the group op people gathered in the room, staring up at her. "Er.. hi. So, it would seem I'm dead, which is quite unexpected ofcourse. The last thing I remember was walking into this room because I heard a funny jingling sound and immediately I saw this pink piggy bank flying towards me, hitting me here!" She pointed to her right temple, softly poking at the bruised but painless spot. She pretended to sink away in her own thoughts again, while the people on the ground started to chat excitedly. In fact she was watching all of them intently, to see whose facial expression betrayed something else than shock and grief. Who could be the murderer?

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 4:01 am 

Raleigh had found the night to be exceedingly pleasant; he'd slept fitfully, and woke up at sunrise feeling better than he had in months.

Then he'd heard the scream. By the time he arrived, a crowd had already gathered, and so it was a second before he saw the body. It wasn't, of course, the first body he'd seen, but this wasn't the place for it. Raleigh stared, feeling a sense of dread starting to build up.

"Who did this?" he started to ask, but before he managed to get the words out, Elena's form suddenly appeared, hovering above the ground. A ghost? He stumbled backwards, wondering if this wasn't some kind of terrible dream.

"I say! You're... you're still here?"

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 7:50 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Feleciano looked up, and there stood- er, floated- Elena.

"Um.. are you a ghost?" He questioned. She nodded, and he overheard some people talking about a piggy bank being thrown at her.

"Well, if somebody threw it wouldn't there be shards of it everywhere? And there were coins outside the door, so wouldn't they be from the piggy bank?" He felt proud of himself for figuring all that out. If only Germany were here to see...

"Maybe we should follow the trail of coins," he suggested. Although himself wasn't sure if he wanted to know where they led.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 12:05 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Morgana gasped as Elena's ghost appeared. "You.. you're a ghost?!" She said, shocked. Hearing Feleciano's idea, she stopped staring at the ghost.
"That's a good idea, Feleciano. We might find some small thing."
She wasn't exactly keen on searching for the murderer... after all, if he, or she, had killed Elena with such ease, couldn't he do the same to any of them?
A shiver ran up her spine as they started toward the door. Oh stop being such an idiot! she told herself. It's not like the murderer is going to be standing in wait for us outside the door. Surely he's hiding or milling around with the rest of us. But that thought was even worse. Any of the guests could have done it. Maybe even the ones she was with right now.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 1:40 pm 

"I guess I am.." Elena answered slowly. She was proud of being able to adapt quickly to unexpected situations, and even her own death was not going to change that. The though of being a ghost was more intruiging than scary, and the floating was also not unwelcome. She experimented a bit with moving around, which certainly took less effort than walking, before turning her attention back to the others.

"If you want to follow that trail, I'd be happy to go with you. After all, I'm already dead, so what else could happen?"

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 2:34 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

The Horseman had slept well despite the events of the night before. He dressed and left his room, only to find a group of people talking to the formely alive, Elena.

"You are very observant my dear" he commented to Elena as he heard her tell the tale of how she died. "I remember in the past we have had some very vague clues, but this is marvellous" he exclaimed clapping his hands.

"You heard a jingling sound...went to investigate...a piggy bank was hurled at you, and so the coins on the floor are explained away!"

"Perhaps someone was trying to steal the contents, became fustrated, hurled it at something which was unfortunately your good self, realised what they had done, and fled. OR you were killed because they didn't want anyone to know that they are a common thief!" he added with a flourish.

"I must go and get my invention for finding murderers, oh goody I get to try it out...I mean.. *ahem*... how convenient that I can see if my invention works".

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 2:47 pm 
Istari
Istari

Anastasia hurried downstairs the next morning in time to hear Elena's last sentence, and nearly tripped down the last few steps in shock. However, she tried to cover it up by blurting out the first thing that came into her head:

"However bad your situation is, it could always be worse," she quoted. "One of my late mentors used to say that... what a right little ray of sunshine he was. Although in your case I'd say that's rather unlikely." (Needless to say, grand entrances were never Anastasia's strong suit.)

She cleared her throat and looked nervously at all the unfamiliar people gathered around the ghost. "I say we try to solve this mystery. For Elena's sake, of course. Feleciano's idea sounds like a good first step to me."

married Mr. Darcy 6/14/2012

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 2:53 pm 
Maia
Maia

Anne appeared in the room shortly after Anastasia, Purkoy trotting not far behind; the little dog was visibly shaking at the sign of Elena's ghost, and attempted to hide beneath the long trailing skirt of Anne's dress. "My goodness!" Anne exclaimed, her dark eyes bright with outrage. "A murder! Again! There I was thinking that perhaps this year might be different..." she trailed off, sighing, as Purkoy began to wail at the top of his tiny lungs. "Purkoy, please ssh! Ladies and gents, I quite agree that we need to take control of the situation and go clue hunting, as they say. This can't be allowed to happen again."

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 2:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

Robin stepped out from behind Little John, the better to look at the ghost of Elena. "You didn't happen to see anything useful for the finding of your murderer before you were, ah, incapacitated, did you?"

Little John nodded in agreement.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 3:01 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

"I think the lady has probably been as helpful as she could be with her clues" nodded The Horseman towards Robin. "We now know the murder weapon, sounds she heard at the time and we have an explanation for all the coins. It would be too distressing for her to go through all the details again" he said, looking..er..kindly in the direction of Elena.

"The murderer must have taken the piggy bank with him or her" he added. "I cannot see it anywhere around".

[/color]

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 3:20 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Poor Purkoy, Moriel thought. The little dog was frightened. "I agree with Lady Anne," she said. "This must be stopped. I too, certainly would like a year where the guests do not end up murdered. Come now everyone. It is time to search for clues."

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 3:29 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

It was then that the Horseman heard what he thought sounded liked rain. He looked up, "silly me" he thought. "Thinking it would be raining inside", chuckling he looked down.

"Oh, bother" he said as he noticed that Anne's dog was relieving himself on his boot. "Sad to say, I have had worse than that" he laughed at the group. "When you have a horse you know, you can end up putting your foot in anything!" he added, hoping to relieve some of the tension.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 5:57 pm 

Searching for clues did seem like a decent way of dealing with the tragedy. For a second, Raleigh found he was bracing himself for the inevitable stampede of people trying to be helpful--indeed, he'd been quite ready to spring away himself.

"We ought to split up," he reasoned, thinking of the small patrols back in No Man's Land. "I reckon it'll go faster if a few of us look at each floor."

He couldn't help being rather proud of his idea. It was nice to entertain the thought of the higher ranking officers congratulating him on his quick thinking, but that was probably irrelevant at the moment.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 6:18 pm 
Istari
Istari

Little John and Robin Hood looked at one another and began singing a song they had heard on the way to the gathering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waa2ucfgVgQ

When they were finished Little John said, "Sorry. That just happens sometimes."

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next