Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 9th, 2006, 2:47 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

But the messenger of Manwe says in the akallabeth that mortals wither faster in the light of Aman and dwelling there does not grant immortality lol.
Namarie!!!
Thanks for bringing this to my attention Ea, it should make the thread more Navigable, especially with the amount I am posting!! Nice for the formal welcome and I hope I can let my knowledge "enter the fray" and make this forum thread more interesting in terms of topic discussion!!
Namarie again my friends!!! 8) :-D

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Last edited by mephiston, lord of death on October 10th, 2006, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 9th, 2006, 3:07 pm 
Elf
Elf

Thanks guys. i was kinna confused there. thanks for the info! so frodo and bilbo were still mortal. gotcha

Hannon Le,everyone for the banners! :)
Married Khamûl on January the 26th, 2007:bones:

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 9th, 2006, 4:50 pm 

Owh.. you guys post too much in such a short time!!
First of all, we are glad to have you too EonwesBestMate, most of the times we seem to be a rather small crowd to keep the discussion going, but we like to throw all our cumulative knowledge in the pool and mix it together! :angel:

Bilbo and Frodo (and Gimli I assume) would eventually die even in the Undying Lands. The 'Undying' part refers to the Lands I guess, and not to mortals. The Ringbearers were affected by the ring which prolonged their lives in an unnatural way, but it didn't make mortals immortal, as has already been said, and we have no accounts that the Valar would grant them immortality.

Hmm I have a feeling there is one more point I need to address.. but I forgot... Owh yeah, Firiel, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Tolkien worked on Middle-earth, the mythology, history and lore all his life, so he must have altered along the way, elaborated, swept old ideas off the table when newer ones came up and so on. But this also makes it so much more interesting to talk about!!

(and by the way EonwesBestMate, there is an edit feature you can use, so you don't have to double post, it sort of clutters the thread. It is on the upper right corner on each of your posts next to the dreadful Delete buttom and the Quote ;-))

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 9th, 2006, 5:44 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Just don't accidentally hit the delete button because this is bad.

My blog
My graphics journal

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13th, 2006, 4:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: From the north I have come, need has driven me and I have passed the doors to the path of the M6

OK where has everyone gone? I want to talk more bout Elves and stuff in this forum with this reasonably cool bunch of people. Please keep posting!

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. Who of all the Wise could have foreseen it? Or, if they are wise, why should they expect to know it, until the hour has struck? "

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 15th, 2006, 7:25 pm 
Ent
Ent

EonwesBestMate wrote:
They dont go to Valinor like Ea thinks but they go to Tol Eressea, the lonly Isle just east of Valinor, but the exiles cannot go back to Valinor and Tirion. :explode: 8)

Really? Hmm....I think I knew that...not sure...well, I do now! Thanks for the information, EonwesBestMate :)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 16th, 2006, 1:49 pm 
Istari
Istari

Theres a bit more than that. Me, Darrell and Ea were having a really cool discussion and you may want to see some of the posts on pg 3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 16th, 2006, 4:09 pm 

Elwing_Star_Spray wrote:
EonwesBestMate wrote:
They dont go to Valinor like Ea thinks but they go to Tol Eressea, the lonly Isle just east of Valinor, but the exiles cannot go back to Valinor and Tirion. :explode: 8)

Really? Hmm....I think I knew that...not sure...well, I do now! Thanks for the information, EonwesBestMate :)!

Hey, if you read the thread through properly after that, you'll find that I corrected that :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 16th, 2006, 5:12 pm 
Ent
Ent

Darrell wrote:
Elwing_Star_Spray wrote:
EonwesBestMate wrote:

Hey, if you read the thread through properly after that, you'll find that I corrected that :P

I'm sorry, I'm a bit slow. I'm very confused now :confused2:.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2006, 5:11 pm 
Istari
Istari

I already directed Elwing Star Spray to the correct forum page m8. But good to c u r still on th e ball on this forum. Any other topics anyone wants to raise??

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2006, 8:55 pm 
Ent
Ent

EonwesBestMate wrote:
I already directed Elwing Star Spray to the correct forum page m8. But good to c u r still on th e ball on this forum. Any other topics anyone wants to raise??

I think I'm getting it :blink:...Um...Hmmm..Oh! I got something! I always thought that Valinor was like Lothlorien in a way. Valinor is, to me, perfection, and Lothlorien is pretty close, so they always kind of reminded me of each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 6:41 am 

Think it's my time to be confused now Elwing, lol
Where did Lothlórien come from?!?

EonwesBestmate's post about Tol Eressëa on page three evolved into a discussion involving Darrrell and him and me, and we had that one throughout page three, so I think the easiest would be to read through that one because we reached an agreement a little differently worded from the first one.

EonwesBestMate we are all still here! lol
Life is quite busy and I have just been away for a couple of days. I check in here every now and then, and post when time allows it. The LotR discussions take more time to keep up with, so I might not post here right away, but I still follow the threads. But keep posting, keep the ball rolling and people will respond I'm sure. :angel:

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 4:15 pm 
Ent
Ent

Eä wrote:
Think it's my time to be confused now Elwing, lol
Where did Lothlórien come from?!?

EonwesBestmate's post about Tol Eressëa on page three evolved into a discussion involving Darrrell and him and me, and we had that one throughout page three, so I think the easiest would be to read through that one because we reached an agreement a little differently worded from the first one.

EonwesBestMate we are all still here! lol
Life is quite busy and I have just been away for a couple of days. I check in here every now and then, and post when time allows it. The LotR discussions take more time to keep up with, so I might not post here right away, but I still follow the threads. But keep posting, keep the ball rolling and people will respond I'm sure. :angel:

Thank-you! I'm not the only one! Go us, Eä :).

Ooooooooooooooooooooh, okay! I get it! Thanks, Eä. I think I'm beginning to understand :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 7:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

yeh Ive beena bit busy with school and the like, but I am glad ur all still here, as life would get rather boring here if it lacked all you to have a good old fashioned discussion with. Glad to hear form u all and especially Elwing Star Spray ( soz i missed the underscores, i just dont like them) glad to have u here!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 8:03 pm 
Ent
Ent

EonwesBestMate wrote:
yeh Ive beena bit busy with school and the like, but I am glad ur all still here, as life would get rather boring here if it lacked all you to have a good old fashioned discussion with. Glad to hear form u all and especially Elwing Star Spray ( soz i missed the underscores, i just dont like them) glad to have u here!!

:)Awwww...thank you, EonwesBestMate! I feel special. It's okay that you missed the underscores. Glad to have you here, too :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2006, 8:12 pm 
Istari
Istari

Thats buizzin m8, anythin u wanna discuss with us?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next