Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Phantom's Mask
PostPosted: June 26th, 2005, 1:11 am 

Okay, I need to hear some theories on the Phantom's mask/hair piece. The first time Christine pulls his mask off, just the mask comes off, the second time his hair comes off too then Meg finds a mask and there is no hair attached. Is this a big mistake or is there something I'm missing? Also, did anyone notice a visable change right before Christine pulls the mask off in Point of No Return? You can totally tell it is fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2005, 3:51 pm 
Elf
Elf

Well you got me confused and lost there. :confused2:

I don't think any hair would come off when he takes the mask off. I mean when he came to get Christine, he wanted to look his best. What's the deal with the hair coming off? Where did ya get that? When Christine took it off of Eric, in the Bon Jovi play, she took it out in a rush, so some of his hair comes out of place. We all know that the scar was fake, but it wasn't ment to be like the horror flick where his face is all creepy and weird. The movie isn't exactly like the real deal story and other plays. It's basically a romance-drama movie. Wasn't ment to be a horror flick.

Capt. Jack: Shoot him and cut out his tongue! Then shoot his tongue!..and trim that scraggly beard.

yAAAy! The <a href="http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2007/tc20071218_443372.htm">Hobbit movie</a> is back on!!! Movie buffs get excited!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 1:12 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yeah she has a point. This one wasn't suppost to be a horror like the book was. It was a musical.

And I think the reason the hair came off the second time is because it was a different mask. It was the black, and had a string that went all the way around his head. So the one Meg finds is his normal white one. Make sense? : )

Thanks to Arwen for the beautiful Darcy banner & Pandora for the amazing Jasper/Alice one!!
~*~Team Jasper~*~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 8:57 pm 

It took me forever to figure this out, in the Phantom's lair, Christine just takes off his mask, doesn't try to take the wig off. At the opera, Christine puts her finger under his wig, taking it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 11:42 pm 
Elf
Elf

Makes sense to me, I got confused with the thread with run ons. lol.

Capt. Jack: Shoot him and cut out his tongue! Then shoot his tongue!..and trim that scraggly beard.

yAAAy! The <a href="http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2007/tc20071218_443372.htm">Hobbit movie</a> is back on!!! Movie buffs get excited!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2005, 8:22 pm 

I always thought it was just an exageration on the movie maker's part. Kind of unrealistic but they were counting on some people not noticing I guess. If I confused you I'm sorry! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2005, 2:52 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

ok i never noticed any hair come off, but i've only see the on stage musical once. :( :( :( :( But i have the movie.
I REALLY don't like Raoul!!!!! :disgust:

Princess Tora of Mirkwood
Introducing Iggy and Miggy :hug: Best Friends Forever!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2005, 9:17 pm 

Thanks guys! I'm sorry if my orginal post was confusing, but this whole thing confuses me! There are so many big mistakes in this movie. And Raoul is a total girly-man!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2005, 4:38 pm 
Elf
Elf

Yeah same here about Raoul, didn't like Patrick's character.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2005, 12:59 am 

The hair-piece/mask question:
It's a mistake on the movie-maker's part. Because actually Gerry Butler didn't have to put any extreme make-up usually, since he wore his mask and so they made a mistake at to what part of the head had some damage and which part didn't.

Another mistake if you look close is that when Phanny [Phantom] had the mask on his, the bottom of his covered on, it's fine. But when the mask is taken off, his bottom lid is slightly pulled out.

Note: Please....only light character-bashing.

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2005, 7:11 pm 
Maia
Maia

wait...hair comes off!?
don't like Raoul either ugly pretty-boy...