Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: BBC Merlin
PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 2:02 am 

Nurrantiel Mashiara wrote:
I just think a 'reincarnation' type of ending instead of a 'waiting' ending would be better.

But then to follow the "returning in the hour of England's greatest need" thing, to show them reincarnated in our time implies that the End of the World (or whatever you'd like to call it) is upon us now, and that's a bit of a weird way to end a show. "Everything that happened in our series was intense," it would say, "but here's where it really gets interesting." Greatest need and all that. I don't know, at least with the Waiting story, it's saying that could be tomorrow or in a year's time or 200 years.

... So, yes, it's still horrifically depressing for Merlin, but I think it works better. :P

In any case, there's fanfic to fix it. :D

PostPosted: January 12th, 2013, 2:51 pm 
Maia
Maia

Well, I finally watched the end. So good and so sad. I really liked the way Merlin was revealed to Arthur and actually liked the way Arthur reacted. It was very realistic. I mean, he had to deal with the fact that Merlin lied to him for years, that his best friend had magic, and had to rethink his feelings about magic yet again. I have to say I expected a more epic showdown between Mordred and Arthur and Merlin and Morgana. After all the other fighting, it just seemed too easy.

Gwaine was always my favorite knight, so needless to say I wish he didn't die. The only thing I wish could've happened was for him to discover and accept Merlin's magic. I think after Lancelot, he would've been able to accept Merlin. I kinda wish Merlin could've had another friend like Lancelot.

I really liked Mordred's development over the season. Obviously he had to turn evil, but I wish he could've understood why Arthur still had to kill the girl and why Merlin acted as he did.

The whole season I just wish Merlin would've put a little less faith in the dragon. I kept wondering if he would just talk to Mordred, trust in someone else, etc. then maybe he could've changed everything.

I was really glad Gwen finally put 2 and 2 together at the end. I mean, Merlin never really hid his magic from her - didn't advertise it, but didn't necessarily hid it either. And I have to say, the more I think about it, the more I like the ending. I kinda like the idea that Merlin's still out there.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2013, 3:51 pm 

I just watched the finale.. and it was interesting to read through all the previous comments.
I fully agree that Morgana and Mordred... maybe not so much Mordred (never was a favorite!), but at least Morgana deserved a more epic death.

And seriously, why bring in the dragon in the end .. and so late. It was so silly, like.. why didn't you just call a flying ride a bit earlier! They could have done better than that.

It did leave time for Arthur to accept Merlin of course and that was a beautiful journey, the last journey for the two together.

But it bothered me that all the time while Merlin and Arthur was travelling to the lake Arthur never mentions Gwen with a word which is a little bit sad. He was so busy trying to deal with his best friend having magic but still.

As for the ending, I agree with Nurr that I might have preferred to see a 'reincarnation' ending over a 'waiting' ending. And although, the writers might have tried to show some light in the dark because Arthur and Merlin will be re-unted again it just turned out.. sad and a little odd... I guess it could have been done a little more subtle...

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

PostPosted: May 13th, 2015, 11:17 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

This is making the rounds again on ABC3 here in Oz. All I can say is Katie McGrath (Morgana) can really wear those beautiful dresses!

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18