Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 16th, 2024, 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2011, 7:44 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

SilverRose wrote:
I know!! Caroline completely blew me away this past episode. I only wish that Tyler would have stood up for her and valued his friendship with her more. I mean, she risked her life to help him through his transformation. He could have at least tried to talk Jules out of it! Oh well. Their kiss was brilliant times a billion, so I'm thrilled with that. :-D

It was pretty tragic, wasn't it; especially because you can see both sides of it. Tyler is just in over his head at this point with regard to the vampire/werewolf feud; he's so confused and he doesn't know who to trust. But Caroline has such a good point when she says "You help your friends!" Caroline couldn't have cared less that Tyler was a werewolf and thus her ~enemy~; she crossed that line to help him because he was her friend. Tyler didn't (wouldn't?) cross that line.

Quote:
I was actually shipping Stefan/Caroline this past episode, Minuial! The way that he was so protective of her and knew exactly what she needed....major chemistry there in my opinion. I know you don't see it that way, but I just thought I'd mention in. ;)

Haha! Yeah, Stefan/Caroline is the new Jeremy/Bonnie...or something. I don't think Stefan will be looking at anyone but Elena for a long, long time, and I love that Caroline can just have a friend. And she doesn't need to be thinking about romance, or anything-she can just trust him and be his friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 8th, 2011, 9:25 pm 
Istari
Istari

Their story is just getting so complicated, and it's sad to see them like this. Tyler's hurt, and Caroline was just trying to protect him. :( In the promo, Tyler and the werewolves were torturing Damon! I may have to stop love Tyler for a while during that scene. ;)

Speaking of Jeremy/Bonnie, I wonder what's going on with them! They were really flirty this past episode. Ahhhh, Stefan. I think it would be kind of interesting to see him develop some kind of feelings for Caroline sometime. Maybe in later seasons if he and Elena have a genuine fight and are apart for more than 3 episodes. :-P

Still a Bamon fan? :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 11th, 2011, 5:23 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

I think Tyler was completely justified in his reaction, and Caroline in hers. Friends they might have been, but Caroline jeopardized their friendship when she lied to him...if she can lie to him about something as important as Mason, what else can Tyler trust her with?

The Caroline/Tyler scene where Caroline slams the door in his face makes me cringe. I completely understand where she's coming from, but at the same time he's trying to make AMENDS. I hope she cools down and tries to see from his POV. Her rejection more than anything will push Tyler over the edge. And yes, I did see the trailer with the Damon torture scene. I'm pretty sure I'll love Tyler still.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 12th, 2011, 4:47 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

SilverRose wrote:
Still a Bamon fan? :-D

;) I think I'll always be intrigued by them; they have such an interesting dynamic. They both want the other's respect, and neither can quite ignore the other. They really challenge each other. I won't be broken-hearted if it doesn't happen, but I will be a very happy camper if the show explores their relationship more. :D

I just have two things to say about this last episode. I'm so glad they're doing something with Jenna; it's ridiculous that no one's told her what's going on. And Alaric's "Just don't kill her." What? I mean, what? And only because "She's Jenna's friend?" I thought you were better than that, Alaric. :annoyed2: I kinda expected that to happen if he was going to be BFF with Damon, but it still really frustrated me.

Post subject: Re: Vampire Diaries
PostPosted: April 25th, 2011, 3:39 pm 
Vala
Vala

^I know, I can't believe they took so long to tell Jenna

This show is addictive! It has interesting characters, great romances, and intriguing villains. And, really cute guys. Alaric better not die!

The episodes are so suspenseful because I believe they will kill off almost any of the characters (except Elena, Stefan & Damon of course).

I hope Tyler will come back in the next season, his storyline is not resolved yet. He better be ready to prove himself to Caroline, she did so much for him.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2011, 10:36 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

:karate: I cannot wait till Klaus dies. Obviously it won't happen for a very, very long time but I can't wait. I hope Jeremy kills him. Or Elena. Or Alaric. Somebody directly affected by Jenna's death.

Speaking of which... :'-( RIP, Jenna. At first I was really ticked by the way she died, especially after she just got 'in the know' and was immediately wielding crossbows and fetching bloodbags. It seemed so passive. But then I remembered she went for Greta to try stop the sacrifice. BUT STILL. TEARS EVERYWHERE.

I love Matt. He's just a character I seem toget, so that even when he's acting like a douche I still ache for him and love him and oh, Matt. I also love that they're setting up an opposite reaction to finding out about the supernatural; Jeremy and Elena accepted it (Jeremy actively goes searching for it!) but Matt doesn't want it. He's actively choosing to step back and not get involved and I love the writers for showing that to be a valid choice.

Um...obviously Damon isn't going to die, so I wonder why they set this up at the end of the season in the first place? Unless they actually are going to kill him...but that's not going to happen. If all they're doing is trying to push Damon and Elena together I may be a little upset. Or a lot. We'll see. :lost:

Bonnie is amazing. She's so confident, and so strong, and so assured and stubborn and I love her. :notworthy:

PostPosted: May 12th, 2011, 6:42 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

This may be unpopular but I wasn't affected by Jenna's death at all. I never really took to her too much as a character and wasn't invested in her ship with Alaric. Sad for Elena, Jeremy and Alaric of course but me...meh don't care.

I don't want Damon and Elena to be a couple....at all. I know it happens in the books but the show has deviated so much from them that at this point does it even matter anymore? For Elena to fall for Damon would be completely and utterly ooc for her as she is on the show. She cannot go from being completely in love with Stefan and then go 'naaaah only kidding...me want Damon now' it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.
Stefan would have to have pulled a stunt like Damon did when he thought he could prevent the sacrifice [not saying what that stunt was incase people haven't seen it yet] for Elena to lose all faith and trust in him.

But -cough- the finale overall was fantastic and agreed Bonnie = WINNING

PostPosted: May 13th, 2011, 8:11 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Well, to be honest, I was probably crying more for Elena than Jenna. Basically, when Elena cries, I cry. If she cried over Damon I would cry. :-o

SPOILERS 2X22

I...don't really know how I feel about this? I'll need to rewatch it a couple times to figure out where I stand with the D/E thing. At first I thought they were doing it right, especially with Damon accepting his responsibility and that he had in fact committed terrible crimes. But then Damon came out with this gem: "If I'd chosen differently I would't have met you." Oh. Well, that makes it all okay then. :smash: The worst thing is I think we were meant to see it as romantic? :wary: Yeah, no.

PSYCHO!STEFAN. I'm so excited for this storyline. Side-eyeing the writers intentions a bit and worried about how they'll resolve it but yes. Excited.

Finally...I love Bonnie, you know that. BAMF. But...now she knows a resurrection spell? I think they're pushing the magic-saves-the-day! aspect way too much. It seems like such a cop-out.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 12:25 am 
Istari
Istari

I just have to say, Damon can stick a straw in my veins anytime! :drool:

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2011, 10:39 am 

Vampire diaries is my guilty secret :D Normally I'm not into the girly type shows, but I enjoyed this. And I got my sister hooked too! I did try read the books but I'm too old for them. I think I would have enjoyed them if I read them at 13 or so, but at 25 it's a bit young.

I watched Both seasons on DVD when they were released, non stop. The book, I admit I struggled to get halfway through the first one. Gave them to my 16 year old sister.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 4th, 2011, 12:34 am 
Istari
Istari

I like the show better than the books, which is unusual for me. Books 1-4 arent bad, but once you get past that it gets very...weird. No other way to describe it. Now there is a new series out called Stefan's Diaries that actually follows the show, and reveals Stefan and Damon's past. When Damon is around his brother anyway. (Personally I'd like to see a Damon's Diaries type of book) Those are a better read that the original books. The show is completely different than the books anyway, there's just a few aspects that keep to the book, but its very few.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2012, 4:05 pm 

I started to read the books, but it was just a little too.. cheesy for me, I guess. Then I decided to start watching the series, and I was completely hooked, although I don't admit that to anyone :innocent: It's never boring, a lot of thing happen at the same time and than ofcourse there's Damon :drool: .. What other excuses do I need? :-D

PostPosted: January 9th, 2012, 1:13 am 
Istari
Istari

Damon is the only excuse needed!! Forget the Cambels, its Mmm mmm Damon! But yeah, I agree with you, the show is way better than the books are.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 4:44 pm 

Haha, I couldn't agree more! Did anyone see the very latest episode (3X10) yet? I don't want to spoil anything, but I just HAVE to talk about it to someone else who's seen it!

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 2:27 am 
Istari
Istari

The first episode since they've come back from break? Yep, saw it! Like woah!

PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 6:22 pm 

I know!! I hadn't been waiting for that long though, because I was still catching up on the older episodes, but this last episode... Well, I loved it, especially the last scene with Damon and Elena!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next