Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 12:12 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Release date is currently set as May 7th, 2010 (in the US at least)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/

I'm just a whisper of smoke
I'm all that's left of two hearts on fire
That once burned out of control
You took my body and soul
I'm just a ghost in this house

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 12:18 am 
Vala
Vala

2010?!

:swoon:

ARGH you're kidding me! I can't wait that long. :(

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 12:23 am 
Elf
Elf

My favorite book. Movie-ized. I hope the long wait is worth it! =D

I wonder, will they name Ramandu's Daughter? ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 12:28 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Oh, I know. almost 2 years, I'll go nuts.

I don't know if they'll name Ramandu's daughter... she's not a super pivotal character. She's Caspian's wife, Rilian's mother, and Ramandu's daughter... nameless female, addressed by her title at whatever point in time.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:42 am 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

Jeez... it's going to be like Harry Potter all over again... all the main kids will be 8 foot tall and bearded (yes, even the girls).

It's really annoying when the age of child characters is a yearly increase, and yet by the time they get their act together and film them all, they're way too old.

Should have filmed them back to back. :yes:

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:46 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Well, this will be the last movie featuring the Pevensies until HHB and LB (if they do those). By the time those movies come around, they'll be grown and won't have to use the grown up actors that were in LWW.

LOL I was looking at the VDT boards on imdb and somebody commented on the fact that as the HP kids grow up, they get fuglier (:lol:), while the Pevensie kids get more and more good looking. I say, amen to that! Some people are wanting a small part for Will just to see him again, 'cause he's so hot. :roll:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 2:36 pm 
Elf
Elf

Will? Hot? I guess so, he's just not my style...

Skandar's getting pretty good-looking, though. xD

On Narniaweb, people are thinking that, because they had to add in the dumb Su/Cas romance in PC, that they will have to increase Ramandu's Daughter's role...I mean, she is the love interest for a main character who was making out with someone else in the last movie. Typical movie-ness would be to expand that role.

Prunaprismia was only mentioned in passing in PC the Book, but they obviously added to her character. {And gladly, too--she's one of those minor characters that I can't keep from being fascinated with.}

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 4:41 pm 
Elf
Elf

"making out" isn't what Susan and Caspian did in PC. It was a three, maybe five second kiss that was Susan's way of saying goodbye. anna *or Ben, I can't remember* said that the kiss was, for lack of better words, "Susan's not going to see him again, so kiss him while you have a chance." That's how i saw it. No romance, maybe a crush, but she wasn't going to see him again and to be honest, with Ben's good looks, I'D want to give him a little kiss if I knew I wasn't going to see him again. ;)

I don't see why they'd name Ramandu's daughter, unless it'd be to help the audience who hasn't read the book to understand. I really wish she was a bigger character in the book, but maybe they can expand her character a little. I mean, the little "love story" written by Lewis was sketchy to say the least.

would you really marry a guy you had just met for like 24 hours??? The way Lewis wrote it didnt' really make sense. She meets him, he sails away, goes to the world's end, comes back, marries her, they have a son, she dies. End of her story. Pathetic in my opinion, and that's the only thing poorly written in the Narnia books. *VDT wasn't my favorite of the series, either* michael Apted will HAVE to expand on that; otherwise it'll look silly to those who haven't raed the books. I think that's why I get so mad at people who pick at PC's and LWW's differences from the books.

Adamson and his team were trying to make films that not only echoed the book, but also entertained an audience that had never read teh books. People need to understand that. Adamson was reaching out to a different kind of audience, not just the book-reader audience. I understand that and I think he did well with teh changes. I was happy with teh changes *except for Prunaprismia's hair; that kinda bugged me!* and I applaud Adamson for his work. I am looking forward to VDT because I think it'll be better than PC and LWW combined. It wasn't my favorite of the books, but I think on film it'll be good. I really look forward to seeing more of Reep. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 8:26 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Esteleth wrote:
Will? Hot? I guess so, he's just not my style...

Skandar's getting pretty good-looking, though. xD

On Narniaweb, people are thinking that, because they had to add in the dumb Su/Cas romance in PC, that they will have to increase Ramandu's Daughter's role...

I think Skandar is better looking than Will, but [Will] is pretty darn good looking too.

I'm still seeing stuff all over the VDT boards at imdb about Lucy and Caspian. I'm not sure if it's moved on to 'what will Lucy think seeing Caspian involved with another girl when he was "infatuated" with Susan at the end of PC?' or if they're all still thinking, 'oh, we've got to pair Lucy with Caspian because he needs a love interest, and who cares about Stargirl on her little island?'. Either way, it's annoying.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 8:32 pm 
Maia
Maia

I'm going to miss Will a lot in VDT. :teehee:

Lucy/Caspian?? What is this madness??? Must they pair him with every female Pevensie? GOODNESS. Stick to the books, please!

Not that Ramandu's daughter was exactly my favorite. She doesn't even have a name. It's one of those superficial would-only-work-in-a-fairytale romances where they meet and fall in love based on beauty. :eyeroll: And, as Eäryendë said, she's just a nameless female, adressed by whatever relationship she has to the important male characters. Honestly, Lewis, you could at least give the poor girl a name.

Thank you for five-plus wonderful years of obsession, friendship and fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 8:43 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

~RinielAranel~ wrote:
Honestly, Lewis, you could at least give the poor girl a name.

Maybe he couldn't come up with a name to match the weirdness of Ramandu. Then again, he probably could, but... dunno.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 8:45 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ramanda? :teehee: Oh, I'm sure he could've if he tried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:43 pm 
Istari
Istari

Eäryendë wrote:
LOL I was looking at the VDT boards on imdb and somebody commented on the fact that as the HP kids grow up, they get fuglier (:lol:), while the Pevensie kids get more and more good looking. I say, amen to that! Some people are wanting a small part for Will just to see him again, 'cause he's so hot. :roll:

:roll: SO, SO TRUE. I'd say HP just got pwned. XD

As to Ramandu's daughter...word is they're calling her "Stargirl" for the moment, but I think that's just the name of the part and not the character, if that makes any sense. Er...that is, they won't have Ramandu saying "And this is my daughter Stargirl!" :teehee: (they can't anyway, that's a character in another very good and relatively well known children's book :P)

Pippin of Herenya's Line - "...give nothing back!"
Got fed up and eloped with Ragetti 1-3-08 :P
PHYLLIS, THE ANTI-SUSPIAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:48 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I don't see a problem with Lewis not giving her a name. For our main characters, they just never learnt it. I'm sure Caspian did though, we just weren't privvy to that conversation. :P

Maybe if stars were people we'd all fall in love with them on sight. Or maybe they just knew they were made to be together. Stranger things have happened. ;)

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2008, 11:53 pm 
Istari
Istari

You don't have any idea how hard I will be laughing if Caspian asks her onscreen, "What's your name?" It doesn't really matter how he says it, the idea is just funny somehow to me. :teehee:

Pippin of Herenya's Line - "...give nothing back!"
Got fed up and eloped with Ragetti 1-3-08 :P
PHYLLIS, THE ANTI-SUSPIAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2008, 12:04 am 
Maia
Maia

Johnny's Fan wrote:
I don't see a problem with Lewis not giving her a name. For our main characters, they just never learnt it. I'm sure Caspian did though, we just weren't privvy to that conversation. :P

Maybe if stars were people we'd all fall in love with them on sight. Or maybe they just knew they were made to be together. Stranger things have happened. ;)

Oh, I'm sure there's some sort of explanation for it. Especially in books, love-at-first-sight is often easily accepted. :teehee: I just don't find it awfully realistic. And yes, Narnia itself isn't realistic. But I would hope the relationships in it would be... :eyeroll:

And as for the name, it doesn't have to be awkward (though the situation Ánië suggested does sound pretty funny. :P ) I mean, does no one simply adress her by name? But since there wasn't one in the book I'm not expecting or asking for one in the movie. :P

*sigh* Yeah, I see that the main characters perhaps just never learned her name, but I wish they had. It's nice when women in stories have some identity other than fill-in-the-blank's wife/sister/mother/daughter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next