Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 23rd, 2024, 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 163  Next
 Post subject: Re: Family Tree RP Thread
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 8:26 pm 
Ent
Ent

Their own actual book, but still part of the series. In some cases going on in the same timeline as the plight of the main character. I dunno. I've just written a couple of chapters. We'll see what happens. I did kinda know that one of the other characters might have her own book. Her story is just so epic that one little conversation with the MC isn't going to cover it or do it justice. I don't want them to be stand alone, because all of the characters are just as important as the main one.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 8:29 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

*nods*. That makes sense. That kind of background is good, though, for a rich world and characters. :).

Sounds exciting, I remember you talking a little about some of it I think when you were on last in the writing club thread. I am pretty sure it was the same one because it sounds similar to what I remember. :)

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 8:33 pm 
Ent
Ent

It is! Very much the same one. Something that came from such a small idea of mine has really gone a long way. I really don't care how long it takes to write.

I have a question; If someone wanted to make a movie of your book, would you let them do it?

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 9:01 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Cool. :) That is a good approach I think. It is better to do it roght and take the time than to rush it. No doubt there!

Personally I think it would be awesome to have my book made into a movie but I would be very particular on how it w as done. I would insist that they stuck stricktly and %100 to the actual book with no deviations..... Which means no one would probably ever do it. Lol

What is your take on books into movies?

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 9:27 pm 
Ent
Ent

I would never let my book be turned into a movie, and here's why;
With a few minor acceptions, book to movie adaptations always go one of two ways. Either the book is amazing and the movie is an epic flop. Or the book has a long winded plot and unrelatable characters, and plays better on the screen. Either way, I would feel insulted that my book would be remembered by a rubbish movie, or was so bad someone had to make a film to save it.
Plus, I know movies well. I have a pretty large collection of DVDs and blurays. I'm not oblivious to what would get cut. I know plenty of good moments would be clipped. I spend a lot of time making sure that every moment in my book is significant. I would feel bad for the book, that those moments would be lost.
That is before characters get filtered out for the crucial and the ones that can be merged.
I totally get that there is a big bump in royalties for movies, but it never was about the money for me. I would much rather get less royalties and my book be preserved, than sell out and have its heart ripped out for the sake of a movie.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 9:40 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

That does make sense and I must agree that usually that is what happens.

Homestly it isnt about the money for me either, I would just love to see a movie version so long as it is accurate. The ine exception to what you have stated that I know of is starwars... But that is because Lucas wrote and produced it himself. Something like that would be the only option I would consider.

The audience gained is the most motivating factor to me. I dont need tons of royalties but I would like to build a wide audince and get my work noticed.

I can understand your point of. View as well, however. Like I said, unless it was kept %100 true to the book I would not do it, regardless of what they offered me. I know what you mean about working to make those moments significant and I would not want any of them cut either.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 9:47 pm 
Ent
Ent

Wasn't Star Wars originally a film franchise, before they started making comics, books, tv shows, etc?

There is also the fact, that I don't see how they would do it. (Not that I'm approving, just say it.) A TV show, maybe. But that falls into the same trap. TV shows tend to be low budget, so the sets and graphics would seriously suffer. I wouldn't say my plot is rigid at all. But, they would have to fixate on one thing, and really lack on the rest. A lot goes on for about 170-ish pages of A4 paper. All plot relevant of course, now that it has been edited.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2015, 9:55 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Well, Lucas wrote it out in script form and then to movies before Novels, yes. But he is the only one whom I know kept books and movies all exactily the way HE wanted them. No cuts, no loss of characters etc....

Yeah, I could see that. I defenitely would not want something low budget and such...

PostPosted: August 26th, 2015, 4:00 pm 
Ent
Ent

I am alive. LOL.

I've been busy busy lately, like always. Mostly I forgot about most A-U related stuff, because my focus has been my book. Then I was having a discussion with someone (who I swear does this just to annoy me), insisted that he read the whole LotR series in one book. No matter how many times I prove that LotR was never published as one book, he keeps trying to accuse me of being a liar. Anyway, thinking about LotR got me thinking about here.
Looks like most of the gang isn't around much. That's a shame. :( It's sad seeing this place partially dead.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 11th, 2015, 3:29 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Hey. I disappeared quite a while ago, and was never very active here, but I'm back now, so hi I guess

PostPosted: September 11th, 2015, 6:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

Welcome back! Sadly it's not quite as active at the moment but hopefully that will change.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 12th, 2015, 6:06 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Thanks :) I was like oh no, there's no people here.. Hopefully more come back.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2015, 9:37 pm 
Vala
Vala

I don't know, there was another wave with the Hobbit films coming out but now it seems to have died down again. We did try to revive the site but even that didn't work. At this point it's hard to know what might be able to give the site some life again.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2015, 3:18 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I was just kind of lurking when the hobbit movies were coming out. I made one brief appearance but I was too shy to talk to people, even on the Internet.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2015, 4:49 pm 
Istari
Istari

That's understandable.
On a side note you can now pre-order the Extended edition to The battle of five armies!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 18th, 2015, 7:03 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Already got it on pre-order along with the last Chronicles book and Jurassic World 3D Blu-ray/DVD combo pack limited edition (even though it's not technically out of theaters in my area). And I can finally pre-order Season 3 of Under the Dome (which gets released on December 8. I kind of figured it would be December, since that's when Season 2 came out, which I am currently rewatching, especially since this is the first time I've seen the season on DVD, even though I've had it for nearly a year). It's kind of a bummer that it didn't get renewed, but they left it open so that they can continue on with it at some point in the future (hopefully on network TV, since I don't have a Netflix account). Another egg!? Here we go again... :blink:

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 163  Next