Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next
 Post subject: Re: Family Tree RP Thread
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2016, 8:35 pm 
Ent
Ent

I didn't know A-U had a facebook page. Shows how out of the loop I am.

I don't like those free invite creators. I like playing around with textures and brushes, and making stuff myself. Mostly the nitpick in me, that I have to pick at it until it is perfect.

Looks like we got everything planned then. I can't wait, and hope it goes well.

♥ Married to Thranduil, 22 April 2014 ♥

Lónannûniel, Queen of the Woodland Realm ♦

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2016, 8:38 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=23006

This link has all the AU social media links. :)

Lol yeah, you would do a much better job at the invitation but Inwas thinking if you didn't feel like doing it I could at least use one of those. :)

Me too!! :D I'm excited!

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2016, 8:46 pm 
Ent
Ent

I think I actually have some LotR brushes on my laptop somewhere, and some parchment textures. The folder with all my graphics stuff is pretty big.

I'd be so sad if no one came. Really. That would be my ultimate A-U disappointment. I know it happens because people are busy with life, and some just move on. I'm not going to expect everyone to turn up, but a fair few would be nice.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2016, 8:53 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Sweet. :D I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I know... That would make me want to cry... But I am sure we can get a few to show up. I've got contact info for a few that I am pretty sure would come and a few others I am not sure about. Lol

PostPosted: July 24th, 2016, 4:55 pm 
Ent
Ent

It is worth adding them to the invite list, even if you think they won't come to it. Never know, they might be interested.

Image Image Image

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 24th, 2016, 5:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

I would say yes. I mean it can't hurt to send an invite to everyone. *shrugs*

The more we send it to the more likely we are to get more people.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 6:43 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yahoo, I see people talking about me here! Yes, this is indeed Bellatrix. Wondering if I should just change back to that again to make sure people know who this is, but at the same time I've been Nerf for a while now so they might not see that difference either. xD
Meh, I'll figure something out.

I do actually check AU every single day, several times a day, but it's not often I feel I have a lot to say more than a sentence or two in the how was your day thread. I want to discuss more and post more but genuinely I just don't feel it. I mean, it feels like even if I started or joined a discussion it'd die down in like 5-10 posts and then what's the point? It's sad, but true.

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 7:00 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

I know what you mean... Stuff seems to die out easily now days. Sad but true indeed... :(

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 7:06 pm 
Vala
Vala

It's just not as convenient anymore, with forums I mean, compared to FB and other social media sites. Now people seem to want everything in one spot and super easily navigated and the whole discussing things in depth is also dying down a bit. Debating just doesn't seem to be something people want to do in the same extent anymore. Which is too bad, because I love it.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 7:14 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah... I honestly don't get the draw of facebook myself... I find it much more convenient to have the forum for those types of discussions than a social media. I like the orginization of a forum.

And as far as deep discussions, i think we lost most of the people (save a few) who have a really deep knowledge of Tolkien and his work. I've tried to have a few deep discussions with Hanasian but he leaves me in the dust. Lol I just don't know enough to go quite that deep but I love those conversations because that is how I learn more about Tolkien and middle earth best.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 7:58 pm 
Vala
Vala

Well, I'm up for discussing anything though, I don't mind at all widening the topics outside of Tolkien because let's face it after all these years we've probably discussed most of it in depth already. I like the type of sites like FB because 1) it's convenient for me when it comes to keeping in touch with online friends and 2) it is actually super wide but it's got everything collected in one place. There are groups for literally everything, so you can do a fair share of discussing there and you don't have to browse different sites for each subject/theme.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 9:42 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, true true. That may be one more reason why interest in the flrum has died down. Most things to be said have been said at some point in the site history.

And yeah, maybe some off topic doscussions would help liven up the place. *shrugs*

I guess that makes sense. *shrugs* i just have never got into a facebook group that had the same feel of community and I don't like the fact that once a post is old it's near impossible to hunt it up again. Here it's organized so you can go find posts even from ten years back if you know what you are looking for.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 9:58 pm 
Vala
Vala

If I'm being honest I think the only way to revive the forum would be to put more emphasis on the OT section. While I of course love Tolkien and his works and LotR + The Hobbit will always have a huge place in my heart it doesn't lure people in like it used to with the movies and books being something of the past to the general public these days. It's not a buzz, like it used to be, and that makes it hard for new members to find it as they aren't likely to search for a forum like this the same way they might search for more general forums. And even older members seem to have a lacking interest in the forum now for most likely the same reasons. But to do that would be like a huge remake of the entire thing and that would take a lot of work from a lot of people and that interest/time just isn't really there. We've made several attempts at reviving the forum but nothing has worked and the more it doesn't work the less people are willing to try so it's all sort of died down. Sad but true. I mean, I've been a member of a CSI forum for over ten years and when all the shows came to an end it too sort of dwindled rapidly.

I'd love to make an effort but it'd have to be one where I wasn't one of a tiny group trying to pull all the weight ourselves as it's been in the past.

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 10:08 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, I think you are right. The buzz around Tolkien and middle earth just isn't there as much any more and the OT subjects would be the easiest way to draw people in. I don't see us being able to make a change like that, though, unless Arwen and some mods got involved and she has already made it pretty clear that she will maintain the site and keep it up but can't afford the time to make major changes and such... :/ So... Not sure how that would be doable.

Pluss people come and look arpund and see so few members and all the old topics that have not been tpuched in years and then they just turn away. We still have new people joining on a regulr basis... They just never stick around.

An you are right about the attenpts to revive... It's usually a small group who can't really do enough with so few people as are trying....

PostPosted: August 21st, 2016, 10:17 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yeah, we'd definitely need people behind the scenes to help if we wanted to revamp the forum to also suit people not necessarily super interested in the world of Tolkien. I mean, I'm on sick leave and pretty much at home literally all day long so time-wise I could easily go all in and do a lot of work to draw people in and change it around completely. But alone it'd do absolutely no good at all and there's a lot I'd never be able to do unfortunately.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 11:02 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, and then I'm the opposite... Depending on my scheduel some days I have little to no time. It's hard when so many of the original members have moved on. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next