Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 23rd, 2024, 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Important (at least, I think it is)
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 5:53 am 
Istari
Istari

Hey everybody,
First I wanted to post this in the Arwen Appreciation Thread http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1470 but you guys finally stopped fighting so why should I disturb the peace again..?

What I want to see is this: Elu Thingol had some bad experiences there and now he thinks about leaving A-U. We can't let that happen, can we? He's (in my eyes) one of our best members and we can't let him leave just like that.
He's a bit offended because his post in this a thread is deleted without a word of explanation (correct me if I'm wrong). Nobody seemed to defend him. I was not joining the discussion and I haven't read his post because it was already deleted when he told me all this.

My point is that nobody should feel unwanted here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks Elu is important for our forum. If you agree with me, please reply. If you don't, this is the moment to say so.

Thank you all for listening (uhh.. reading)

Cuilwen :bye:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 6:15 am 
Istari
Istari

You're right actually, at least everything you say makes logic sense... no one should feel unwanted here! I personally like Elu, I've never seen him being rude to any other members (whether he actually has or not is not my business) - this forum is meant for LotR fans to come together and celebrate what we're all here for - LotR! There shouldn't be arguements about stuff that doesn't really matter. (By that, I'm not directing that at anyone here) No one should be made to feel like leaving. It isn't fair and it isn't right! This is for everyone, if anyone, else who has felt like leaving from here as well - if someone is giving you a problem, tell a moderator about it, they're there to help you.

Have fun everybody!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 6:47 am 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

This is rather serious! I always loved this forum because everybody has been so nice and stuff (rather than other boards i am on). I just hope he won't leave the board cause we love having him here! :)

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 9:42 am 
Elf
Elf

Yes, please don't leave! One of the reasons I like this forum so much is because there are so many great members here! Like Ororuthiel said, nobody should be me made to feel like leaving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 1:13 pm 
Istari
Istari

Thank you very much! I told him I was going to make this thread and he thought I would get no replies. I'm happy with you, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 1:16 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

i'm sensing this might start only more problems... :confused: but this is how Arwen handled it...

Arwen the webmaster wrote:
Elu Thingol, your remark "I appreciate her for being one of the characters I most hate in the films.." was pretty out-of-bounds - if you had wanted to politely explain why you dislike her, that would have been fine, but you didn't even check back to elucidate. Again, see our "No bashing" rule.

you're right that nobody should feel unwanted here. but i think things really got out of hand in that thread, and people were on the verge of bashing Arwen (if not having already crossed that line). things had to be taken under control.

but please don't go Elu! every member is a great member here. nobody wants you to leave.

Last edited by Gwenneth on August 18th, 2005, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 1:18 pm 
Elf
Elf

Yes, don't go Elu Thingol! :( I've barely known you at all, and I already like you! Please don't leave the forum... :guilty:

^ *sniffles* Thank you all so much! I'm so...so honored...*dabs at eyes*

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 1:31 pm 
Istari
Istari

Thanks for posting this Gwenneth. I've already seen it. Well the problem is that Arwen (and lots of others) told Elu to tell why he didn't like Arwen. He did so and that post is deleted. I haven't read it, but hm... Just had to tell you that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 1:38 pm 
Retired Welcomator
Retired Welcomator

Cuilwen wrote:
Thanks for posting this Gwenneth. I've already seen it. Well the problem is that Arwen (and lots of others) told Elu to tell why he didn't like Arwen. He did so and that post is deleted. I haven't read it, but hm... Just had to tell you that.

aaahh, i thought you meant the first and original post. and you're welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 5:06 pm 
Istari
Istari

It's best if it belongs in the past - if Arwen the Webmaster didn't ban him for it, that's good enough for the rest of us.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 8:41 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Cuilwen wrote:

Actually, that's not what I said at all. I said...

Quote:
Everyone: this, as people have pointed out, is an Arwen appreciation thread. The title says Arwen appreciation thread. The people meant to post here are Arwen fans. Just as you wouldn't start posting on the thread of one of our many Star Wars clubs if you hated Star Wars, it's inappropriate to post negative messages here. If you would like to start a thread for general opinions on Arwen's character (but NOT "Why do you dislike Arwen" or anything similar) and are willing to be rational and civil, by all means do so.

I civilly asked people to NOT post their negative opinions because this was not the right thread for it. Elu seemed to realize that he might be out of line because he prefaced his post with the comment (and yes, I quote directly) "Arwen the webmaster, am I still allowed to explain why I have a 'little' grudge against Arwen? If not, feel free to delete this post, Moderators." And so we did. Yes, in retrospect we should have said something to explain ourselves, but I think I was clear in closing the thread off from all the negativity going around. I also noticed that while Eldariel apologized just in case she had offended anyone, neither fbc NOR Elu cared to say anything about their past posts.

Elu Thingol, we really would like you to stay - just please read carefully what a mod or admin posts on an out-of-hand thread before you post anything else on it!

Cuilwen, please don't misrepresent what I said - in case you hadn't noticed, I said "if you had wanted to politely explain why you dislike her, that would have been fine, but you didn't even check back to elucidate." That was talking about what had been done, and I very clearly stated at the bottom that this thread shouldn't be used for Arwen arguments anymore.

Thanks!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 11:47 pm 

For the record, it was I who deleted the post. And while I am sorry, I should've PM'd Elu or noted in the post, I don't think my deleting it was entirely uncalled for. Since, as Arwen has quoted, he DID say that we could go ahead and delete it if we felt the need to, and as we felt the big need to, DID delete it.

-[Kitoky]

THE HALLOWFEST 2010
<a href="http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20958">information here</a>

</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 7:38 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Arwen the webmaster wrote:
I civilly asked people to NOT post their negative opinions because this was not the right thread for it. Elu seemed to realize that he might be out of line because he prefaced his post with the comment (and yes, I quote directly) "Arwen the webmaster, am I still allowed to explain why I have a 'little' grudge against Arwen? If not, feel free to delete this post, Moderators." And so we did. Yes, in retrospect we should have said something to explain ourselves, but I think I was clear in closing the thread off from all the negativity going around. I also noticed that while Eldariel apologized just in case she had offended anyone, neither fbc NOR Elu cared to say anything about their past posts.

Elu Thingol, we really would like you to stay - just please read carefully what a mod or admin posts on an out-of-hand thread before you post anything else on it!

Yes, I did say that in my post, yes. Yet still I didn't expect it to be deleted, not at all, because still people were expecting me to post why I dislike Arwen. And, yes, Kitoky, I would have appreciated it if you noticed me of this. Also, I think you shouldn't have deleted the post completely, just edit the text out and replace it with "Post deleted by Kitoky, because..", so that others could see I did post why I dislike Arwen.

Arwen the webmaster, I did read your post, but people still asked for my explanation. And why I didn't comment on my past posts was because I felt offended and I usually do not "fight back" if that happens. I decided to stay away from that thread forever.

Don't worry, I have already decided to stay as long as time allows me. I didn't mean to offend anyone, so if I did: I apologize.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 8:24 am 
Istari
Istari

To Kitoky and Arwen the Webmaster:
Sorry, I hadn't read the post, so I didn't know this all till now. In fact this thread was not because I thought you really offended Elu, but because I don't want him to leave. I just wanted to tell him we do like him and do know him. That's all.
I hope I didn't offend anybody...

Love
Cuilwen

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2005, 7:42 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Well this should be left in the past.....everyone has their own opinions about characters/LOTR or just anything in general, that is obvious.

Maybe we can all move on now. I dont know Elu, but i know that he would not want to offend anyone, because that is not what we are here to do. Lets make this a friendly forum and BE the <b>BEST<b> forum!! ;-)

<3

Profile           YIM