Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reddit says it has recovered from some ‘major’ outages
PostPosted: September 13th, 2023, 2:04 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Reddit says it has recovered from some big issues that lasted for about an hour. While outages were happening, I couldn’t load any Reddit pages on my browsers where I’m logged into the site — usually, I ran into an error message, though I also hit a blank white screen. However, if I tried to visit the site while logged out, pages loaded fine. As I write this, I’m not having any troubles browsing Reddit.

Things weren’t just down for me and Downdetector showed a peak of nearly 30,000 user reports.

Reddit says it had resolved the incident in a message at 6:15PM ET on its status site. During the issues, the status site said that there was a “major outage” on desktop web, mobile web, and the company’s native mobile apps.

Wednesday’s outages follow some other issues that cropped up in recent weeks. In June, the platform was crashing because of the many subreddits going dark to protest the company’s API pricing. In July, Reddit search was a little broken for hours.

Post subject: Re: Reddit says it has recovered from some ‘major’ outages
PostPosted: September 13th, 2023, 3:43 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

It's a good reminder of how reliant we are on social media and websites like Reddit for information, connection, and entertainment. Outages can be frustrating, but they also highlight the intricate web of technology that underpins our digital lives. For those interested in the details, here's the link to an article about the Reddit outage on a popular website: Reddit Outage Social Media. Feel free to share your thoughts on the recent Reddit outage or any similar experiences you've had with other websites. It's always intriguing to hear how these digital hiccups can affect our daily routines!