Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone have experience with online math tutoring?
PostPosted: November 28th, 2022, 5:34 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I'll be completing my masters degree in applied mathematics soon and am trying to find some low stress work to transition to so I can recover from educational burnout. I'm used to living on a graduate student stipend of like $1900 a month (generously, I also have about $1100 in student fees each semester, a lower stipend in the summer, and 2 months of half stipend throughout the year) so my standard for "livable income" is pretty low I think. I've been looking into remote tutoring work on indeed and I'm just wondering what other people's experiences are. I've applied to easyke so far, which I understand to be a platform specifically for tutoring international students. Awaiting a response.

The per hour pay seems quite favorable, something like $20/hr up to like $50/hr depending on the level of the work. But how consistently can you find hours with these companies? Is it reasonable to take multiple of these jobs simultaneously and try to squeeze 20 hours between them? Does the availability of stuff drop off completely around people's vacations from school?

Would appreciate advice from someone else who has tried to make this work. I can tutor basically any undergraduate math and even most physics with ease, so I'm hoping I have the skillset to cobble together a shorter workweek at the expense of my hypothetically much higher earning potential.

Post subject: Re: Anyone have experience with online math tutoring?
PostPosted: November 28th, 2022, 5:38 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Hi. I recently had to hire a math tutor for my son. Unfortunately, we only wasted money, because it turned out that this tutor didn't know math well and couldn't explain a lot of the topics my son is taught in school. We were pretty upset about that but we decided to keep looking and ended up being lucky enough to stumble upon this fourth grade mathematics tutor.
At first we didn't have high hopes and thought this tutor wasn't going to surprise us at all but it turned out we were wrong because this tutor was not only a great mathematician but also a great teacher who was very easy to get in touch with my son!

Post subject: Re: Anyone have experience with online math tutoring?
PostPosted: February 18th, 2023, 11:46 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I can suggest from myself as to where to find information about social media worksheet templates for students. I just needed such templates for our common student work but nowhere could I find unique and creative templates that would look stylish. But here are social media templates for students https://www.storyboardthat.com/create/social-media-worksheets . This is where I found and I still use them, because there are plenty of templates.