Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 18th, 2024, 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Legolas runs out of arrows
PostPosted: January 6th, 2015, 11:42 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Can we talk about this? All those times during the movies we were like "Does he never run out of arrows?" and then FINALLY it happens. Do you guys agree or disagree? Does it make Legolas more realistic or too human?

Post subject: Re: Legolas runs out of arrows
PostPosted: January 6th, 2015, 3:08 pm 
Elf
Elf

I have a pet hate for this whole topic.

He runs out of arrows at Helms Deep in TTT, after he slides down the stairs. Has nobody ever noticed? That's definitely an empty quiver. He only uses his knives before they retreat back to the Keep where you'd expect there to be a whole stash of arrows anyway.

There's more of a moment made of it in Bot5A which is probably PJ poking fun at everybody. It doesn't affect the character at all. It doesn't make him more human as he still kicks arse as effectively as before and there's literally no peril when he runs out we all know he's going to be fine. It's another cool 'Leggy Moment'. And running out doesn't necessarily make him more realistic either, he's not a bad shot or a wasteful one, so why would he run out? There's plenty of opportunity between battles in LotR to re-stock or collect old ones too.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2015, 6:48 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Yeah it's mentioned in TTT (book) by himself that he collects arrows from bodies when he runs out and as he shoots. Especially during battles, I can guarantee you that there would not be any shortage of arrows... he would literally be able to rip them right back out of bodies as he went, as well as scavenge other peoples' spent arrows.

I figured that was common sense, I never realized it baffled people that much haha! I feel like showing him gathering arrows might have been a waste of screen time.

Here's a pic of him getting restocked in Lórien. :) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/M ... las006.jpg

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2015, 12:27 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

it definitely amused me that it was the first time we saw with a "oh darn, I ran out!" sort of face haha

PostPosted: February 7th, 2015, 1:56 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I think there are some valid points on both sides.

The fact that the books mention him collecting arrows off of dead bodies it a life saver for me! Other wise it would just be a urking inconsistency to me. :P

In the movies, however, it does not show nor make that as clear so the whole thing in the BOT5A to me is a little like... "Right.... here of all places he just HAPPENS to be out o arrows."

The timing is obviously suspense convenient. Personally I would have tried to figure out a different way for him to "not be able to save her." just because of the discussion (like this right here) I KNOW it will prompt.
However, it does stand to reason, that he would run out of arrows eventually.... so I'm betwixed and between.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2022, 10:08 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

You can go to the website to listen to music and download free ringtones

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2022, 4:11 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Hello. I think it brings the character closer to real life. Guys, I like to watch films, and then also to review them several times. But now there is no time to look. I have a lot of writing assignments. I'm just tired of sitting for days at textbooks and a computer. And I decided to buy thesis online This is the right decision. There are 375 PhDs in their team. It really inspires confidence. As a result, I successfully defended my diploma and my professor was delighted. This proves the professionalism of these writers.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2022, 1:03 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

where can I watch India vs Pakistan t20 world cup in nz If you enjoy watching cricket, you're probably aware of the atmosphere in the stadium when India and Pakistan compete. Both nations have outstanding cricketers with a long history. Make sure not to miss it because this match will officially kick off the ICC T20 World Cup 2022 as the World Cup gains popularity around the world. Continue reading to learn how to watch India vs. Pakistan live on Star Sports in New Zealand.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2022, 3:45 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

She always answers our questions about magic and makes us happy the way we like to be magicians. Here you check this https://magicalkatrina.com/ and learn more new ways for the latest Virtual magician. In J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings," Legolas, a skilled archer, rarely runs out of arrows. However, in the midst of a battle, it is possible that he could deplete his supply. In such a scenario, Legolas would have to rely on his other combat skills, such as close combat with his elven blades, or he would have to find a way to obtain more arrows from allies or fallen enemies.

Last edited by DouglasHusman on March 4th, 2023, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2022, 3:48 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

This is a short and funny video about the famous character Legolas, one of the heroes from the blockbuster movie The Lord of the Rings. I prefer to check this https://www.aucklandconcretedriveways.co.nz/ and get more new ways for construction. In this video you will see how Legolas runs out of arrows.