Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: HALLOWFEST - LOVELY COUNTRY HOME
PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 4:25 pm 

Nurr checked her watch one more time. Yes, it was almost here! After all the planning, she was finally going to see the fruit of her labor as her guests arrived and had the best Halloween ever! It was sheer luck that she was able to find this sweet little home in the country to hold everyone. Who would've thought that someone would think to build guest rooms in their house? Such a stroke of luck for her!

She made sure the welcome table was ready. Ah yes, there it was - the map of the house. A rough one, but really, she had had so much to do! I'm sure the guests will be able to figure out the nuances on their own, she thought. After all, who doesn't love exploring?.
(let's zoom in on that map, shall we?)
1st Floor
2nd Floor
"Oh bother, I forgot about the attic and basement. Ah well, they can find those, right? Just follow the stairs," Nurr mused. "It'll be fine..."

Oh! Guest List! She ran through it one more time, then made another note of the schedule. When her lovely co-host Taurquende arrived, they'd do one final check of the schedule to make sure the guests had fun!

Schedule
22nd - Arrival
23rd - Exploring the house
24th - Games in the game room
25th - Pumpkin carving
26th - Autumn photographs
27th - Bonfire night
28th - Accusation #1
29th - Costume planning
30th - Dessert feast
31st - Final accusation and murderer revealed

Last edited by Nurrantiel Mashiara on October 22nd, 2012, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: HALLOWFEST - LOVELY COUNTRY HOME
PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 4:26 pm 

Guest Profiles

Name: Morgana Pendragon
Profession: Horse trainer
Hobbies: riding/training horses, making graphics, making videos, writing
Favorites: tv shows: merlin, doctor who, sherlock, legend of the seeker | movies: LotR, Thor, The Avengers, National Treasure | characters: aragorn, murtagh, loki
Dislikes: snakes, algebra, wasps, Legolas, One Direction
Other:

------

Name: 2nd Lieutenant Raleigh
Profession: Fresh-faced innocent army recruit from 1918
Hobbies: Rugby, rowing, writing bad fanfic, writing even worse novels, and wasting time on the internet
Favorites: Oxford, literature, Tom Hiddleston, cheekbones, King Renly, Earl Grey tea
Dislikes: Doing work, The Hunger Games, the Sherlock fandom, peasants, and Rose Tyler
Other:

-------

Name: Aragorn Elessar
Profession: Singer
Hobbies: writing songs
Favorites: Liv Tyler, Viggo Mortensen, Lord Of The Rings, Merlin, Justimusfilms, life, my friends
Dislikes:bullying, racism, war
Other: -

------

Name: Slenderman
Profession: painter
Hobbies: horseback riding, drawing, reading, video games
Favorites: Heroes(tv), White Collar(tv), Lord of the Rings(games and movies), Ranger Apprentice(book), Tolkien, Johnny Depp, any Lord of the Rings character, swords, bows/arrows, Alan Lee, Howard Shore, any sort of soundtrack music, roses.
Dislikes: Twilight, politics, Justin Beiber, rap music, 1D, Call of Duty Black Ops zombies(I like Black ops, and I like zombies... I just don't like Black Ops zombies)

------

Name: Elena Murray
Profession: Renaissance art expert/grifter
Hobbies: Art (especially expensive pieces), reading, playing the piano, cooking, psychology
Favorites: Michelangelo, Botticelli, Antiques Roadshow, QI, Masterchef
Dislikes: Greedy business-men, crappy television, gardening, being bored
Other: Is fluent in 5 languages and can pretend to speak another 4 languages.

------

Name: Robin Hood
Profession: Stealing from the Rich to give to the Poor.
Hobbies: Stealing, climbing trees, shooting arrows, scaring Prince John, generally being a pain to the gentry
Favorites: Once Upon a Time, Grimm, tea, books, sewing, reading, weapons
Dislikes: Prats, green beans, ignorance and stupidity
Other: Bringing Little John, my faithful co-conspirator against Prince John.

------

Name: Anne Boleyn
Profession: Ex-Queen Consort of England
Hobbies: Creative writing, reading, historical research, listening to music, baking and making graphics
Favorites: POTC, Jane Austen, LOTR, poetry, myths and legends, Hever Castle and feisty heroines and dashing heroes
Dislikes: Twilight, Henry VIII, anti-Boleyn propaganda and risotto rice
Other: Back again for another Halloween celebration, this time Anne brings along her pet lapdog Purkoy to join the fun. If you were to ask Anne how she has come back from the dead not once but now twice, she wouldn’t be able to tell you; it just keeps happening! But one thing is certain: she’d really like to enjoy a nice holiday this year.

------

Name: Anastasia Smith
Profession: research on medieval documents at Oxford University
Hobbies: reading, hiking in the woods, wood carving
Favorites: food: french silk pie, language: italian, greek god: Apollo
Dislikes: baggy jeans, rhetorical questions, hot and humid weather

------

Name: Moriel
Profession: Lady-in-Waiting to Galadriel
Hobbies: Reading, writing, photography, LotrO, collecting coins, keychains and shotglasses.
Favorites: Ghost Hunters, Lord of the Rings, heavy metal, historical fiction, sports, That 70s Show, the color black.
Dislikes: Spiders, gory stuff.
Other: Nope, not that I can think of.

------

Name: The Headless Horseman
Profession: Gentlemen and rescuer of damsels in distress
Hobbies: Pumpkin carving, pumpkin growing, collecting pressed pennies, cake decorating, ballroom dancing, horse riding
Favorites: People that sparkle, Halloween, rubber duckies, pineapple upside down cake, musicals, Christmas, snow
Dislikes: Olives, children, rude people, swimming, Dr. Who, being alone
Other: I have invented an ingenius contraption that will find any murderer I ask it to find!... just in case any maniac decides to kill guests this year...

------

Name: Feliciano Vargas
Profession: None
Hobbies: Singing, reading, daydreaming
Favorites: Classical music, LotR, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Sherlock Holmes, Hunger Games, PotC, Marvel, Hetalia, Doctor Who, and PASTAAA~~~!!!
Dislikes: Slash pairings (evil...), getting bad grades (the horror!), bad cooking
Other: I'm a nerd and proud! Veh~!

------

Name: Amy Pond
Profession: Time traveler, Kissogram
Hobbies: Modeling and photography, travel
Favorites: Ancient Rome, Vincent Van Gogh, fish and chips, New York City, fashion, daydreaming, Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who
Dislikes: Daleks, Cybermen, Silurians, the Silence, getting left behind or lost, people who discriminate against gingers, running
Other: Has just been separated from her dear friend the Doctor, and is very cross about that.

------

Name: The Dark One
Profession:turning people into snails and stepping on them
Hobbies: making gold, doing spells, killing people, being evil
Favorites: Once Upon a time, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Sherlock, math
Dislikes: Justin Bieber, spelling, english, mushrooms, cold weather
Other:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 4:58 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

The Headless Horseman looked down at his in vitation card

"Dear Algie

Please find enclosesd your invitation to attend our annual Hallowfest event. We hope you will find the time to attend. We have rented out a particularly beautiful location this year which we are sure will be the most perfect place to have our party. Please feel free to bring Eliza, we found a stable area which we think she will just love. Here are the directions to the house. Look forward to seeing you at about 8pm?

x Nurr and Taur"

"Hmm" said the Horseman as he looked upon the lovely country home in front of him. "Very nice indeed" he said as he patted Eliza on the neck. "Charming isn't it, Eliza absolutely charming". They trotted up the long winding drive, past the tall oak trees, until the house came nearer into view. It was night, as the invitation had stated, but the house looked so inviting and warm with all the lights lit.

He dismounted from Eliza at the front door, and passed her reigns through the porch railings. His boots clipped clapped on the woode n stairs, and he went towards the large door.

"BOOM BOOM" went the door knocker, and the door opened with a creak and a groan.

"Hello?" called the Horseman as he stepped inside and looked around.

"Hmm" he said to himself. "I wonder if I am the first one here?".

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 5:57 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

It was the HallowFest yet again. And for once, Moriel was early this year. She often arrived late for what ever reason. How many had been to now? Four? Or perhaps five? One thing she did know, the HallowFest was not your typical Halloween party. Oh no, it was certainly not. She wondered what events would take place this year. Besides murder and mayhem.

This year, the HallowFest was at a large country house. Moriel thought this an interesting location. Country homes always seem peaceful and calm. Certainly not a choice she'd have in mind. Arriving at dusk, she stepped out a fancy horse-drawn carriage. She was dressed in a fine black velvet gown, trimmed with silver lace.

Moriel lifted her skirts as made her way up the front steps to the house. There, she saw the Headless Horseman at the door. He knocked on the door and called out. He was always the first to arrive at the HallowFest. If he was the only one here, then she was most certainly early.

"Good evening, Sir Horseman," Moriel greeted as she climbed the steps. "It is a pleasure to see you once again."

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 6:08 pm 

"IIIEEEEEEEEHHHH"

A wild screech echoed in the night sky and something with a lot of feather, fur and sparkles had launched herself from the hallway of the country house towards the Horseman, who appeared in the doorway of the main doors.

Only a few moments before she would actually land on top of the Horseman, the sparkly, furry and with feathers covered person seemed to have changed her mind and stopped in midway.

"Ahem.. Moriel.. Mr. Horseman.. Algie.. What lovely to see you both.."

A red blush crept up Sparkle's sparkly cheeks and she quickly wanted to divert the attention from her awkward behaviour.

"Come in! I just arrived before you -before the Horseman at least-. It's such a beautiful house" Sparkle concluded with a sigh.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 6:14 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

"It is good to see you as well, Sparkle," Moriel said. "Can you believe it's the HallowFest again already?"

"Thank you," she said, as she slowly made her way in the house. "Yes, I must agree, it is a very lovely house. I cannot wait to see the inside."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 6:18 pm 

Raleigh had been quite pleasantly surprised to find that he'd been granted leave so soon after arriving on the front. That alone would have been enough to lift his spirits, but to find that he'd also been invited to a pleasant country home for a party? Well, that was simply topping.

He hadn't quite managed to get the mud off his uniform, but he hoped no one would mind. He thought he looked rather sharp regardless; it was fine of the Army to supply their officers with such nice things.

There was already a small crowd gathering by the front door, and Raleigh briskly walked up to join them.

"Why hullo there," he said, trying his best to sound polite despite the disturbing realization that one of the guests did not, in fact, have a head. "Lovely evening, isn't it?"

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 6:21 pm 
Maia
Maia

“Come along, Purkoy!” Anne strolled up the driveway towards the front porch, a smile forming on her features as she beheld the lights shining through the windows and the small gathering of people around the doorway. It was a heartening sight after the long walk she’d just had! All the same, a bit of cold weather couldn’t serve to dampen her spirits, nor Purkoy’s. The little dog trotted along cheerfully beside his owner’s swishing black skirts, seeming in every way in the best of moods.

Anne removed her black beret, releasing a mass of rich brunette hair over her shoulders, before peeling off her gloves and stuffing them in her the pocket of her long black trench coat, bounding lithely to catch up with the other arrivals. Purkoy, however, had stopped in his tracks, his eyes as round as saucers. He glanced up at the house and emitted a little, slightly ominous whimper. Indulgently, Anne scooped him up into her arms and carried him with her to meet the crowd of guests.

"Good evening!" she called. "I see a few familiar faces! Happy nearly-Halloween. Oh Purkoy, don't whimper like that." She cuddled the dog close. "He's just a little shy."

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 6:30 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Moriel removed her cloak and hung it on a peg in the coat room. Several other guests had begun to arrive now.

"Good evening, Lady Anne," she greeted Anne Boleyn. "It is a pleasure to see you again." Moriel then looked down at the shy animal at Anne's feet and smiled. "What a precious little dog."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 7:09 pm 
Istari
Istari

Anastasia wrapped her cloak more firmly around her shoulders and stared up at the little house. She pulled out the invitation to make sure that she had come to the right place. "Hallow...fest." she read, frowning slightly at the odd term. Maybe Anastasia was not as up to date on popular culture as she would wish - understandable, considering her line of work - but it seemed bad manners to refuse. "Well, I said I would come and I'm here," she muttered to herself. "Might as well make the best of it."

She walked up to the steps to join the people already gathered in front of the house. "Hello," she said, "I do hope that I'm not too late?"

married Mr. Darcy 6/14/2012

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 8:12 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Feleciano glanced nervously up at the rickety old house. "Late for my first party.. What if they don't like me?" he muttered. "Maybe if Germany was with me I wouldn't have gotten so lost along the way!" Not sure what to do, he played with the strap of the heavy bag on his shoulder, (filled with supplies for pasta, of course) and scratched his leg with his other foot. Finally, he plucked up the courage to at least knock. He reached his shaking hand out towards the large brass handle, but to his surprise, the door swung open, the old bolts creaking, and he jumped back in fright. "Hello??" He shakily called out. From the shadows inside emerged a dark figure with a silken black cloak and... No head???
"G-GERMANYYY!!!"

Last edited by GotPrecious on October 21st, 2012, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 9:15 pm 
Istari
Istari

The sound of singing echoed up the drive as Robin Hood and Little John strode up the path to the house.

"I say, Little John, it's quite spooky." said the fox, stopping and scratching his head under his cap.

"At least we're out of Sherwood for a while, Prince John was getting a little too close for comfort these past few weeks," the bear answered with a smile. "Too bad we couldn't bring Marian with us, she would have loved to have spent time with you." As soon as the words were out of his mouth, John regretted it. Robin got a goofy grin on his face and John had to carry him over his shoulder the rest of the way to the house, plopping him unceremoniously on the front stoop while he rang the doorbell.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 10:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Morgana looked up at the small house with relief. She had gotten lost on the way there, and now as the sun was setting, she finally found her destination. She peered at her invitation to make sure she was at the right place, but it was too dark to read. I'm sure this is it.

Noticing the guests talking by the house, she brushed weeds and leaves off her cloak and walked up to join them.
"Hello everyone! Sorry I'm so late! It was rather difficult finding the place." she said. "I hope you don't mind."

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 10:44 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

"AH!" cried Algie startled by the voice. He turned to see Moriel. "Good evening, you have me quite a fright m'dear" he said with a bow. Chuckling he added "part and parcel of the party though eh, Halloween and such".

The Horseman's attention was caught by the wild screeching sound from the house and before he knew it, a very sparkly person was talking to him. He shifted from one foot to the other as he said " Hello.. er Sparkle" as he... er.... blushed furiously. They had come to close the last Hallowfest and yet had not seen each other since... he felt very awkward.

"Good evening" bowed the Horseman as he noticed a rather impressive looking individual in army dress. "So nice to see you" he added to the other guests as they appeared one after the other. Anne Boleyn, who he knew from the previous year, and a whole host of new guests.... including a talking bear and a fox! "How strange" he mused.

The Horseman proceeded to look at the map that had been left by their hosts. "This is a very extensive house" he called out to no one in particular.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 10:57 pm 
Istari
Istari

Robin, having recovered from his bout of Marian-induced delirium, padded up next to the headless man. "It is indeed. Not at all like the castle back near Sherwood either. A bit too closed for me though. Give me the woods and open skies any day."

He stuck out his right paw to the horseman, "Robin Hood, at your service."

Little John had come up behind Robin while he was talking and now nodded in the horseman's direction. "Little John. I'm Robin's... minder, as it were. He's been a little odd since the last time he got knocked over the head." He smirked and ignored the glare Robin shot his way, instead turning back to the map. Deciding to leave Robin to his own devices, the bear trundled in the direction of the kitchen. The walk to the house had left him feeling a bit peckish.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 21st, 2012, 11:11 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

The Horseman took the furry paw offered to him and shoot it.

"How do you do" said the Horseman nodding his er...yeah.. at Robin Hood and turning to bow to Little John.

"Yes I can imagine how one might prefer the outdoors to the indoors" he said, he liked both and felt quite at ease with one or the other.

Noticing that Little John had wandered off into what looked like the kitchen, the Horseman thought it might be an idea to see if an evening meal had been prepared in the dining room.

"I think I might just take a peek in the dining room" he said to the other guests. "There may be some warm drinks available".

"I'm surprised there isn't a butler" he said under his breath as he strode towards the dining room door.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next