Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: L otR RP with Jax and Galad
PostPosted: June 1st, 2017, 11:28 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

As if to answer her internal thoughts, Brinley's condition at setting camp seemed worse than before. Esmerelda stood a little ways off and watched while Arnwen tended to Brinley. After the elf moved away she walked calmly over to Brinley and sat down beside him. She looked over to him and a moment of silence passed before she reached over and brushed a bit of dirt off his shoulder.

Esmerelda laughed softly but nervously. "You know... I never knew when you were coming back. I always wondered..." her laugh became more sorrowful at the end and her hand rested on his shoulder where she fidgeted with the seam on his shirt. "I imagined time and time again what it might be like. I never imagined it would be like this."

Esmerelda realized her absent minded fiddling and withdrew her hand and folded it in her lap with her other as she looked down at them.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2017, 9:23 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley looked at her as she fiddled with his shirt and then away again. It was sort of calming but as she pulled away his eyes found hers, "Don't stop," he whispered quietly. Her touch gladdened him as he could still feel her warmth through her fingertips. He wanted to savor that as much as possible if he could.

He smiled at the fire Arnwen has conjured with the bits of splintered wood nearby, "I didn't think I would come back. Not for a while at least. Something told me I should though and...well. Here I am," he smiled at her softly, "You've gotten so beautiful. I can't believe I wasted the last 8 years training with a sword when I could have stayed in Lorien. With you," he slowly reached up and gently lay a hand on her cheek, his thumb gently running up and down her cheek bone.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2017, 10:45 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Esmerelda felt her heart begin to race as Brinley spoke and then it seemed to nearly stop as he touched her cheek. She closed her eyes, trying not to show her pain at his words but try as she might a single tear escaped her eyes and slid down her cheek.

"Why?" Was all she managed to say as she blinked back another tear. She took a deeb breath, then timidly reached up to touch Brinley's hand against her cheek. "I had such hopes," she finally continued. "And then... you just... left..."

Her eyes still closed, a second tear forced it's way down her skin.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2017, 6:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley pulled his hand away from her and turned away, "I felt I didn't belong in Lorien. I was different. I had been taught different. Do you know what I was before I met Sygnet and Micha?" he took a deep breath. He had never told anyone about his childhood, "I was a bandit. My group was hired to kidnap and kill Sygnet and Micha while they were in Rohan. They sent me. First big kill, you know. But they proved too great an enemy. The only reason I still stand is for Sygnet's kindness. I felt I did not deserve the way she treated me and I left to prove myself to her and to Micha and even to my own mind because I never believed I should still be standing," he shut his eyes to try and prevent the tears from escaping. "I wanted to stop the people who had kidnapped me from my real family and to do that, I needed to be in Rohan and that is why I left. I wanted to come back a better person. For you," he looked at her with doleful blue eyes and swallowed hard. This was a lot for her to know in such a short time.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2017, 11:48 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda looked at Brinley with a mixture of emotions storming in her eyes. As he finished she hung her head. "I'm-" she ahook her head. "I'm sorry... I never knew. I- it's hard to see you as that. I may understand more than you think, though. I'm..." she looked around and lowered her voice. "I'm Dunlanding... my parents were the wildmen who made their living by raiding nearby villages and killing man women and child. That's why I ran away."

Esmerelda looked at Brinley with a sad expression. Almost fearing the answer to her next question. "I understand better now. I wish, though, I would have known back then when you left. What of the future, though? Do I have to watch you ride away another time before you feel you have adequately proven yourself?" Her eyes started to swell with tears again and she took his hand in hers as she continued to speak with a shaky mournful voice. "You know Sygnet and Micha are so proud of you. You can't imagine how much they spoke of you through the years."

PostPosted: June 6th, 2017, 12:29 am 
Ent
Ent

Brinley closed his eyes as she recounted her childhood as she asked the question, he opened them again, "I cannot go another 8 years without looking into your eyes. But I cannot promise that I will not leave again. Duty may call. But the duty I have here...to you...that is ever present in the back of my mind," he stared into the depths of the fire. His joints ached. For all he knew, this feeling was permanent. The stiffness could follow him the rest of his life. All that came down to Arnwen and his healing capabilities.

PostPosted: June 6th, 2017, 12:37 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda nodded slightly. She understood but yet didn't... "understand" She looked up at him. "Could I... go with you?" She asked hesitantly.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2017, 3:18 am 
Ent
Ent

He looked a little taken aback, "But what if the forge? You built a life in Lorien and I would be so busy with my training and then getting sent into the field...Esmerelda, you would give me a reason to come home to my family. To come home to you..." Brinley's eyes looked a little forlorn and a little bit sad but there was a faint glimmer of hope in them.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2017, 12:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda hung her head and let out a small sigh. "I- it just... hasn't been a very good eight years. Never knowing when or even if you were coming back. I consumed myself in my work on the forge, more than usual, to try and keep my mind off everything." She looked Brinley in the eye and though her eyes still held much sorrow they also held what seemed to be a resigned attitude that had accepted a poor fate as a common thing. "Brinley... I don't want to keep living like this. I feel stuck. Like I'm going no where. I can't move on because I care for you too much and yet I can't build my life with you because I can't be with you." She sighed and hung her head again, averting her eyes. "I don't know how long I can live like that."

PostPosted: June 8th, 2017, 11:13 am 
Ent
Ent

Brinley sighed and thought long and hard, "The only option I can remotely consider would be to ask Sygnet if I could train here. With the elven scouts. I am no wonder at Archery but there are probably other options. Esmerelda, I don't want to leave you...it's the last thing I want," he pushed a hand through his hair, and took a deep breath.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2017, 4:14 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda took a deep breath, trying to regain a more stable composure. "It's ok... I may not fully understand but I know your training is important to you. I- I guess it just will be what it will be. I just... hope it doesn't have to be like the last eight years."

PostPosted: June 12th, 2017, 12:42 am 
Ent
Ent

Brinley sighed heavily, "I know...I hope not either," he paused, "We should get some sleep," he told her. By this time, Arnwen had set up a small sleeping roll a few paces away. He had already decided he would be taking watch. Brin unrolled his roll and lay down beside Esmerelda and the dying fire.

PostPosted: June 12th, 2017, 12:57 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda nodded in agreement and settled her things. Once her bedroll was situated she lay down and closed her eyes, though she got very little rest. Between the mines themselves, possible threats, and her aching heart, she lay awake most of the night.

PostPosted: June 12th, 2017, 9:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley awoke in the middle of the night with horrible pains in his legs. He sat up, by wanting to wake up Esmerelda, unaware she was already awake. He called over Arnwen and the healer came closer. As Brinley quietly whispered his predicament, the elf dug in his bag and handed him a pain relieving medicine. The young soldier took it gratefully and Arnwen returned to his post.

The following morning dawned as Brinley awoke again. The pain was worse this time. He lay there, unable to move as it hurt even more to do so. Arnwen came to his side and began to check him over. His legs wouldn't move as well as they used to. He bit his lip.

"What's wrong?"Brinley asked, he was visibly sweating and his hands were clenched into tight fists.

"Your legs are losing mobility, Brinley. I don't think you can make the trip home on foot," he looked at him sadly. Brinley groaned with pain and shut his eyes.

PostPosted: June 12th, 2017, 11:43 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

When Brinley woke that night Esmerelda glanced over but as Arnwen came to his aid she remained stil. Her mind was cluttered and she needed to try and sort things out. By morning, however, she felt just as confused as ever with a lack of sleep on top of that. She lay that all aside when she looked over to see Brinley. He seemed to be in great pain.

"Can we not make the antidote here?" She asked Arnwen.

Marl was sauntering over as well, slowly but with an obviously concerned look on his face. "If he can't walk, then I'll cary him. We've got nontime to waist."

PostPosted: June 14th, 2017, 3:45 pm 
Ent
Ent

Arnwen shook his head, "The liquid needs to simmer for a few minutes to achieve full potency and by Brinley's level of pain, he's going to need all the help he can get."

When Marl offered to carry him, Arnwen was afraid for the older man's ability. Brinley was a decently muscular guy and all that bulk had some weight behind it, "I can carry him for now. I may have to let you take over once we cross into Lorien. The walk isn't far. Probably a couple of hours," the elf hoisted Brinley to his feet and draped his body over his shoulder, "Esmerelda, do you mind carrrying my bag for me?" he asked as he began the trek back to Lorien.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next