Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2006, 10:22 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(Thanks for the warning. I edited my post.)

Will be going to London on March of the 30th

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2006, 1:42 pm 

tulk wrote:
Quote:
how long, in terms of Middle-earth, will this RP gone on for, aproximately?

I'm not sure yet. the longest is probably 15 years or so (we might skip over a few years here and there).

Quote:
does the town of Dale exist at this point in the history of Middle-earth?

considering that it was founded as a partnership with the dwarves of Erebor and Erebor does not exist yet, I would say no, though I'm not completely sure.

OK, thanks. I'll have to think a bit about a character bio then. When I come up with something decent I'll post it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2006, 4:49 pm 

Angel - Sorry, I'll have to say no to that character. First off, the threat of Angmar is against the northern Kingdoms, not Gondor.

Also, you say your "Item of Value" is medicine. Would like you to be a little more precise.

Hope I haven't scared you away ;), so will hopefully see you around.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 9:02 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Mind if I join in?

Sorry for the long post first of all. I gave my best in developing this character but somehow im not fully satisfied with it, if anyone has any opinions or suggestions, ill be more then happy to hear them!

----
Full Name: Ingold, son of Ohtarion
Race: Human - Numenorean lineage
Nationality: Gondorian (supporter of Eldacar)
Born: 1390.(Third Age) - Osgiliath
Occupation: Captain of the 42nd Soldier Battalion of Minas Anor
Hair: short-moderate length, dark-hazel. Very short beard.
Eyes: sea-grey
Height: 5'11"

Clothing: Standard on field battle uniform consisting of a dark-maroon tunic with silver threading along the collar line, a half sleeved mail-shirt, dark and enduring breeches, black leather boots, dark-grey diamond shaped vambraces, a leather belt with a silver wrought clip, complete torso armor embossed with the symbol of the white tree across the chest, shoulder and thigh armor plates.

Belongings: A broad, slightly heavy but enduring dark-maroon cape, a sword forged out of folded steel with its black scabbard, a small sharpening stone, a utility knife, one hunting knife, his fathers ring (heirloom of his house).

Expertise:
Extremely skilled in swordplay and hand to hand combat without any weapons. A moderate archer. Also has very good tactical and general lore knowledge.

Personality: A stout-hearted and noble person with very good leadership qualities. Rarely shows any "weak" emotions except when driven up against a wall from one person alone. Willing to sacrifice himself for the general good without hesitating and is very protective to the people he loves. Can be considered slightly stubborn in some people's eyes because of his firm recognition towards the goals set in front of him and his will to fill them out at all means necessary. Defends his choices and decisions firmly and will not give in if he sees no logic in the other person's words. Not easily provoked, rather holds the outburst in him but there were records of his outburst with almost lethal casualties. He can be also very kind and warm-hearted when treated with respect and spoken with truth.

History: Not much was recorded of this gondorian and his life. Ingold was the oldest son of Ohtarion and Limweniel. His brother, Maethor, was born a year later. The entire male lineage had been devoted to serving the gondorian army starting off with Otharion's ancestor Merenion when the realm was founded by Elendil and his sons. Merenion proved to be a worthy man and a noble warrior thus being rewarded with the Silver Star of Valour and receiving also a golden ring with a dark-emerald jewel in the eye that was held with the talons of a hawk who had his wings outstretched and forged out of silver. This same ring became the heirloom of Merenion's house and the ring was each time passed on to the eldest son of the house. If there was no son from one of the generations, the ring would be idle in the keepers hand until either he got a grandson or a grand-grandson was born and the ring passed to him and so on.

Ingold was born at the time when Valdacar's son, Eldacar the Half-blooded was also brought to the world by his mother Vidumavi, a woman from the Northern men of Rhovanion. These events caused great unrest throughout Gondor and it split the mighty kingdom into the followers of Eldacar, and those of Castamir. Castamir was the main protagonist in launching the rebellion against Eldacar for he could not tolerate that a Half-blooded Gondorian ruled over the mighty kingdom. Castamir was ever indulged in seeking a way to lengthen the lives of men and to become immortal like the elven kind. The mixing of Gondorian blood and that of some lesser men from the North had loosened rage in him. He was also eager to take the throne seat for himself and to rule over entire Gondor with an iron fist.

It was in the year 1420 of the Third Age when the uproar was starting to take its toll for Valdacar was in his last years as the ruling king and he managed somehow to hold the unavoidable rebellion at bay. Ingold at this year had moved to Minas Anor to join with one of the battalions and to take command over it for he has proven a worthy leader when serving in Osgiliath. The battalion had a modest count of men but over time he came to learn that each of those men were against Castamir and his strong hand. Ingold and these men believed that Gondor was slowly falling into its own decay because of the thriving of its leaders for the ultimate goal of immortality, the one goal their race is not doomed to reach. The boarders had been less and less watched and it could be felt that evil and foulness was creeping with its hand in silence throughout once a mighty kingdom. These men supported Eldacar and the bond between his father Valdacar and Vidumavi for they did not blindly follow Castamir's words even though their own blood was pure, even more purer then that of Eldacar. They also swore their oath to the king that they will not abandon to serve him until he relieves them.
Because of this hatred was brewing in men that supported Castamir for they saw their own kin support the King of the lesser blood. Events soon took an ill toll as the years past.

It was on a dark winter night when Ingold was on patrol with his men up the Anduin that a man came to them clad in grey, hooded but keen and told them that war was about to break loose and that they should get their families safe to the eastern shore of Anduin and up into the fair woods of Ithilien. The men took these words with puzzlement but they felt the silence of the night more then ever before but they heeded them none the less. The year was 1432 of the Third age. Soon Ingold rode towards Osgiliath and just as he passed the bridge he noticed some Men and women were on the streets and commotion was stirred. Fear was in the air. Ingold found his father and mother in their home, Maethor was away and nothing was known where he was. Ohtarion was reluctant to leave but he did it for the safety of his wife and soon they set out in silence out of the city through less watched paths.

The night was starless and nothing could be seen in the pitch night but a strange glow came from the skies that belonged neither to the moon, nor the sun, nor the stars. A shadow was on the South sky and all of a sudden cries and shouts broke out in the city that replaced the commotion. At the outskirts of the city he soon heard a cry calling out his name from the North. It was his brother Maethor that came running to them, worry streaking his eyes. Ohtarion's face was in rage as heard the cries and pleads for mercy and he instructed both of his sons to lead Limweniel to safety as he ran back to the city part where the shouts came from. His tone was commanding and Maethor listened but Ingold could not watch his father go alone and he rushed after him but he was out of sight already s he passed over the Great bridge. That was the last time when Ingold saw his mother and brother and he has not known ever since what has happened to them. Were they slain or are they alive in some refuge well hidden it was not clear.

A few of Castamir's men have waited in secret but now have grown impatient and set of to wage havoc against one of the houses they had been certain was supporting Eldacar and his father. Black haired and grim men begun to slay those of their own kin, Castamir blinded them with the greed for an almost immortal life and kindled hatred with ease against those who opposed him. The hearts of men were corrupted by their own weakness.

Ingold ran through the streets in search of his father. The heavy clinging of swords could be heard in the direction he ws running and suddenly he perceived a shouting yell that froze his heart not far away from him. He heard the color and the tone of that shout before, but it was warm and pleasant back then when its owner was merry and laughed with his two sons. Now it was willed with dread and pain. Ingold stumbled through the streets and came out into the court with many slain men around him, most of them grim faced and filled with wretch but he beheld two men in the middle and two children hunched in the corner held by either their older sister or mother. One man was swooping high above, tall and menacing, the other one was on his knees clutching for his bleeding chest but facing bravely his opponent while holding the sword hilt still tight in his hand. Ingold perceived his father on his knees, the fair and noble face was now drenched with blood and bruises and alit under the pale light from the lanterns of the street. Ohtarion ran to help those people against whom the silent strike was set in the gloom of the night. Ingold lost all sense for time as he rushed towards the grim man swooping above his father. In all his rage and fear or his father he did not even draw his sword but he jumped heavy on the opponent and tackled him down to the ground. Ingold was of a stout built and strong was his body and arms. The opponent did not expect the attack and was taken by surprise but before he could take any action, Ingold's heavy fist found its way to his head once he was on the ground. The scull shattered like a tin cup against an anvil and a hammer for the ground was of stone and Ingold's fist was of fury. He stood up after his revenge and dropped by his father's side who had fallen on the ground.

Ohtarion was spent and all blood left his body and thus he passed away. Ingold clutched for his father limp body with enemy's blood damped hands and tears stained with dirt slid down his face. The woman and her children ran away in fear. With a heavy and shattered heart he carried the body under the bridge that was not far away and there set it in a small boat and cast it loose down the current. Swift anger was in his eyes as he came back to the place of his father's last stand. There he beheld the slain men, the shouting lessened. The light from the lantern lessened and was dim but Ingold perceived a slight shimmer in the hand of the man he had slain. He knelt down and opened his clutching hand against a valuable item. The item was well known to Ingold. It was his fathers ring. The shrill gold soaked with fresh crimson blood shimmered as he took the ring from the enemies grasp and the dark red jewel could be almost thought it was glowing under the pale amber light and thus lighting the blood spattered on it. With trembling hands Ingold cast the ring on his finger like it was. He did not wish to rinse or to clean off what was the only thing left of his father, a few drops of his noble blood. The same blood that flows through Ingold's veins itself. No man set foot even close among that court where the slaying happened for the tension was high in the air and any disturbance from either the followers of Castamir or those that remain true to Eldacar would set out an avalanche of blood and death that stood on the edge of a blade.

He stumbled to his feet and went about to find men loyal to Eldacar and his dieing father, fury was in his eyes as the sword unsheathed from its dark scabbard glinted in the ever fading light, his hand clutched the hilt fiercely.

After a moment he found a few of his men that have also returned from the Eastern boarders of Gondor and Ithilien after they brought their families to safety but none of them saw either Maethor nor Limweniel. Grim was Ingold in that time and forever he will be until he finds his brother or the woman that gave birth to both of them. After scouring through the north-estern parts of the city, Ingold and his men took refuge back in the fair woods of Ithilien from where they overlook the city and hope for ending of the great strife. They walk now in secret, hooded and masked under the shadow of the moon throughout the city in searching of those loyal to Eldacar.

Where was the lord at this time, it was not known or was he alive or not. Was the old king still alive or has he drawn his last breath it was not certain at all. Information stopped flowing. Hope was in the hearts of men loyal to him and Eldacar and Ingold counted as a noble soldier ready to give his own life for the benefit of even one person alone.

Last edited by Aemornion on April 4th, 2006, 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 10:17 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Location: the epitome of forsaken nothingness that is the midwest

That looks amazing, Aemornion, except for the fact that Valdacar hasn't died yet. He's dying at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 10:38 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Okay, didnt know that detail. Fixed it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 11:29 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

in the words of yoda, accepted you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 11:30 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

oh wait, one more thing: fighting hasn't broken out yet... and, as such, Osgiliath hasn't burned yet.

sorry for the misunderstandings.

Last edited by tulk on April 4th, 2006, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 11:32 am 
Balrog
Balrog

What if I change Gondor to Anor. Would you let me play?

Will be going to London on March of the 30th

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 12:21 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Hmmm.... I have altered it so its a bit less massive and that it looks like a isolated riot against one of the fammilies, honestly you cannot expect that the fighting that will accur for the next decade will burst out in a snap of a finger. Here and there were some casulaties against those loyal to Eldacar but it was a public secret since any intervene would let the war out loose The burning was not that burning that will happen five years later if you thought about that one but I removed it anyway. Hope it will make a but more sense now and is more to your liking tulk. Finished altering.

You or Mire give me the final 'amen' if its okay so i can join up with this new altering

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 3:36 pm 

Angel - Well, that won't really help seeing as you've still got Eldacar there.
And still want you to explain the medicine part, too.

Aemor - Looks great! Amen, I say.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 7:46 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Heh... I may need help with ... things... I rarely have time to read, so I have not gotten around to my "Book of Lost Tales I and II" *sigh* So you'll have to help me with accuracy on things... and I hope it's ok if I have my character be a bearer of a certain gem of Valinor...? If instructed to do so, I can keep the subject out of the RP...

Name: Coraliaera Naonnathel

Translation: Legendary Shadow Song, Keeper of (the) Ancient Tears

Race: Quenya Elf

Occupation/title: High Elf and Keeper of the Ancient Tears, Gem Stones of Light from the Land of Valinor.

Hair: Long black and somewhat wavy

Eyes: Striking green eyes, light as a forest beech leaf with darker lines deep within

Height: Rather tall at 5’ 10”

Clothing: Though her figure suits well in a dress, she commonly wears tracker's attire, with a long, large cloak, dark in color.

Belongings: An elven sword, forged in Valinor, and an ancient dagger, made at the beginning of the elven times. Also wields a bow, light in color with intricate designs. A pure white gem, more so a crystal, worn around her neck on a slender silver chain.

Expertise: Sword, bow, and tracking, as well as silent stalking and disguise

Personality: Kind, caring, and a polite, proper manner, though can be witty and very mysterious at times. Has the air of royalty at times, but is excellent at hiding it and can seem as though she is like a common elf or even human if she remains cloaked.

History: Very mysterious, she comes and goes, so her history is very shadowed and for the most part unknown. The gem she carries is said to have been crafted from the pure light of the undying lands and have powers to enable the keeper to have knowledge, wisdom, and strength, though the main purpose of the gems is a blessing of protection. Coraliaera is the keeper of such gems, though the others are hidden, and rarely revealed, being a precious treasure to the elves and a gift from the Valar. These gems are named the Ancient Tears and kept silent and secret.

Coraliaera went through many battles and trials, though for the most part she traveled alone, prefering the stealth and secrecy of being unseen or unoticed.

~Cyclist in Training~

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 10:30 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

you = accepted

looks great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 11:01 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Thank you! :D Now all I have to do is find a place to enter upon.... and one not so crowded... lol

~Cyclist in Training~

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2006, 12:38 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions (or FMM – Frequently Made Mistakes)

Q: What do the forces of Angmar consist of?
A: As for as my knowledge goes, this is generally unknown, but I would place a strong guess that the Witch-king’s army is made up of mostly humans with a few orc legions or so.

Q: What’s the capitol of Arthedain?
A: Fornost.

Q: What’s the capitol of Gondor?
A: Osgiliath.

Q: Where’s the White Tree?
A: Minas Anor (Tirith).

Q: What’s the name of Minas Tirith?
A: Minas Anor.

Q: What’s the name of Minas Morgûl?
A: Minas Ithil.

Q: What’s going on in Mordor?
A: Gondor has it under strict supervision.

Q: Where’s Sauron?
A: In Dol Guldur in Mirkwood under the guise of the Necromancer. No one currently knows it is him.

Q: What of the Istari?
A: Saruman and the Blue Wizards are in the east, but it is unknown where Gandalf and Radagast are… probably wandering around somewhere.

Q: What’s the state of the war between Angmar and the kingdoms of Arnor (Arthedain, Rhudaur, Cardolan)?
A: Angmar has taken over most of Rhudaur (the northeastern kingdom), has severely weakened Cardolan (the southeastern kingdom), and is rumored to be about to march on Fornost, the capitol of Arthedain (the western kingdom) within this next year (1432 TA). This is entirely speculation, as there are little details on when Fornost was attacked, but that’s the way we’re playing.

Q: Does Khazâd-Dum exist yet?
A: Yes. It is at its height, actually.

Q: Where are the hobbits?
A: Out there somewhere, I suppose. Just not in the Shire.

Q: Where are the Rohirrim?
A: Up north, at the very beginning of the Anduin, by Mirkwood. They’re known as the Northmen.

Q: What if I have another question?
A: Ask it.

Q: Are there many orcs in the Misty Mountains?
A: Not many, except for the very top around Mount Gundabad.

Q: What if some of this information is wrong?
A: Tell me. I'll fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2006, 4:43 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Good job on the FAQ tulk!

But one small digresion regarding the first Q/A. Think you can add wolves also beside the wild men and the orcs. Im not 100% sure about this but I did read this somewhere but i cant put my finger on it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next