Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telekinesis-inspired rp
PostPosted: March 29th, 2017, 9:38 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Hey there! :) I'm glad to hear you don't mind. Some days the inspirations is just lacking a bit, but it normally comes back. So, huzzah. XD Yeah, I bet you are ready to get over this bug you have. Ugh, I hate being sick. I always forget how badly I feel when I catch a bug...and it is the worst. Bleh.
Gotcha. Yeah, I figured that making the map would be a bit easier then hashing out the plot. Okay, another question for you, did you work with the end in mind? By that I mean did you already know how your story was going to end, or did you figure that out as you wrote?
I have a story in my head, and I've tried to plot it out fully with the end in mind, but....I don't know, I'm having a bit of trouble and would love any advice you have....if you wouldn't mind, that is.)

Riley blinked back fright as the security guard lumbered towards them, then she put her hand on her hip and addressed him nonchalantly.
"We're here with Henry."
The guard squinted his eyes, then muttered something incoherent into his walkie-talkie that was at his shoulder and stepped to the side to let them pass. As they walked past the security guard, Riley squeezed Jaxsons' hand, then picked up the hem of her dress as they ascended some stairs. Once they reached the top they were met by a man who addressed them as the owner of this building.
"And you are?"
The man asked them. His voice was cold yet charming, and his eyes held a slight mischievousness about them.
As Riley opened her mouth to answer him, Henry came up behind the man and clapped him on the shoulder, then introduced them.
"These are my....assistants, Riley and Jaxson."
The man looked at the two of them in surprise.
"Your assistants? Huh...didn't know you needed two of them. Ha, I guess that makes you pretty important, huh?"
The man laughed and Riley noticed Henry tense his jaw ever so slightly before joining in on the joke.
Make him pay for that, lovebirds. He needs to be put in his place.
Riley heard Henry plainly and clearly as if he was speaking to him, then she nodded and smiled as if just now getting the joke.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 7:10 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

( *waves* :) Yes, I am certainly ready to get over it. lol Thankfully I think I finally am.

Sure, I don't mind at all. I can talk about writing all day long. :P I did start with the end in mind, yes. I have not always done that with some of my other stories but I find that generally it helps. Usually I have a very rough outline. Mainly just the high points and major plot developments that I know I want to have in the book. Everything else I kind of go with the flow as I write. I enjoy it that way more and shy away from having an extremely detailed outline to follow like a rule book etc... If you are having trouble with the ending maybe try evaluating the over all purpose of the book? Like what is the ultimate purpose you want your character to achieve and the ultimate outcome of the story? *shrugs It's hard to know, not knowing what kind of story it is. I don't know if any of that helps but I'm always glad to answer your questions or help if I can... or just talk about writing in general. :P )

Jaxson followed along as they were met by a man who addressed them. He seemed like quite an important figure, or at least he seemed to think he was. Jaxson wasn't sure what to think of him on first impression but at this point that probably didn't matter much. Then Henry showed up, as usual. The two had a bit of a back and forth and Jaxson listened with little emotion on his face as the joke played out. He wanted to laugh, but he didn't.

He glanced over at Riley, who seemed to be a little preoccupied. He wished they had a little more time to talk privately but there was so much going on it would not be wise here. He looked around, feeling quite out of place. Everyone was dressed fancy and everything was quite high society. He had never been in such a formal setting before in his life.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 10:32 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Bonjour! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! :)
Yes, that definitely helps. I think I will definitely have to go back and figure out exactly what I want the purpose for the story to be. I've had the basic plot in my head for...almost a decade now and I've found that the plot has just grown to be almost unmanageable, so that may be why I feel so uncertain about the ending?
But yes, I will totally keep asking you for writing advice, if you wouldn't mind doing that. :D )

Riley gazed into the mans' eyes and was about to push a thought into his mind when she noticed Henry staring at her. Her eyes shifted to meet his and instantly she felt herself being overcome by the urge to bring her boss down. Then she gazed back into the mans' eyes and pushed a thought into his mind. Instantaneously, the man turned and began to bring everyones' attention to himself as he began to make an announcement.
As the man spoke, Riley glanced over to Jaxson and held his hand as the man announced that he was having an 'affair' with his secretary, and that she was pregnant with his child.
Henry glanced back at Riley and nodded.
"Well done, girl. Good choice."
He muttered, then as he walked past Jaxson, he clapped him on the shoulder and spoke quietly in his ear.
"Your turn, kid. I need you to make that man like putty in my hands. Got it?"

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 10:38 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Thanks. :D
I am glad that helped you some. :) I'm always glad to discuss such things so ask anytime. Perhaps, if your plot has become that vast, could it be broken down into multiple stories? With my books I created so much background, side plots, and general Lore, I would have to write near twenty books to explain it all in Novel form! So I narrowed down some of the major events to create the plot for my first Novel, focusing on some of my favorite characters I had created. Though many of my side plots and lore would be Novels of totally different characters.)

Jaxson watched, then when Henry came over he had to force back a recoil when he touched him. He glanced up at Henry. "What exactly should I do?" he asked quietly.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 7:18 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Hm...I suppose it is a possibility, although I'm not quite sure how I would break it up without it seeming jarring. I'll definitely try that and see how it goes! :) )

Riley walked towards two women who seemed absolutely flabbergasted and angry by the owners' announcement.
"How dare-" the blonde woman with a pencil skirt-his assistant-began to exclaim, but she was interrupted as a thought of agreement was pushed into her mind. The blonde secretary then smiled broadly and walked over to the owner, quickly linking arms with him before a brunette woman came storming after them, shouting insults.
Riley then moved to the side as reporters and a few photographers ran past her in an attempt to catch the action and get the latest report.
As she moved to the side, she noticed Henry speaking quietly to Jaxson and she shivered, then took a glass of champagne and took a sip of the bubbly liquid.
Henry squeezed Jaxson's shoulder and spoke in a smug tone.
"Impress me, boy. Perhaps you might want to experiment with your new talents I gave you."
He then leaned in closer to Jaxson and whispered threateningly into his ear.
"Don't even think about trying anything funny, boy."

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 5:57 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Well, the main thing is that you are happy with your own story. Don't take my advice just because. Do you mind me asking what your story is about? I would love to read some of your writing if you ever feel like sharing! :D )

"Funny is a matter of perspective," Jaxson said, consentrating on the man as his secretary linked arms with him.

A moment later the man started fidgeting with his feet and moving around frantically and uncomfortably. Others looked at him with questioning gazes as he scowled. "I feel like my feet are on fire!" He said, hopping around and trying to pull his shoes off. The moment he got them off his socks burst into flames.

"See," Jaxson said with a sly grin, not looking up to Henry. "I think that's kind of funny." He tried to play the part to convince Henry his anger was focused and directed into a "bad-boy" persona.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 10:09 pm 
Ent
Ent

(No, I don't mind telling you at all! My story follows a very reluctant prince-Ludwig- and his serving maid/sweetheart-Amelia- as they begin to prepare for the arrival of his new mother, her daughter and their butler. Little does the king, his son and Amelia know that the arrival of the new daughter and their butler will bring complications and threats. *dun, dun DUN* :)
-And this is where the plot gets tricky/uncertain--and I would love any input you have, so please don't hesitate to share--
Basically, the daughter-Isabella- is very keen on exacting swift justice upon the men who murdered her father-. Due to a list procured by Damien-her butler/lover? (eh)-Isabella recognizes Amelias' last name from the list, so she asks Ludwig to gather information on the whereabouts of Amelias' father, and if he resists, she threatens to reveal his true identity. Damien is doing work of his own. While he is 'helping' Isabella exact revenge, he is helping his father-who killed Isabellas father, but blamed Amelias' father-to basically hold the king by the throat........
Hopefully that made sense....ish....?
I can email you a bit of what I've written--it's not much...at all...but it's a start?)

Riley watched in surprise as the man took of his shoes and socks just before they burst into flames. When she looked back, she saw Henry grin as he put his hands in his pockets, then she squinted her eyes as he opened his mouth to speak.
"Nice to see we're on the same page, kid."
Henry looked up at Riley,who blinked, but didn't turn away.
She would be brave, because right now, that was the only choice she had.
"Alright. Now show me what you can do to make him give me what I came for. Can you do that?"

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 11:50 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Sounds cool. :) Is it medieval or more of a Renaissance time period? I always loved the older settings like back then. I actually really like the intricacy of your plot! It would make for a very interesting read as the readers followed the twists and turns as new pieces of the plot were revealed. :D

And yes, I would love to read some! It would be a little hard for me to give a lot of ideas without reading some anywhoo. ;) lol )

Jaxson caught Riley's gaze, and a feeling of regret flooded over him. He let the glint shine in his eyes as his met hers but Henry's voice brought the stern look back to his face. If they wanted to follow through with their plan... it would take doing some things neither of them wanted to do.

"I think Riley's a little more skilled in convincing that... but if you want a forced take over I'm sure I can come up with some ideas."

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2017, 4:50 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Funny that you ask that...it is actually set in the 1860's....and it is VERY loosely based on 'Mad King Ludwig'-the king who built the castle that Cinderellas' castle was based off of. So theres' that. XD
Good, I'm glad that you like the plot/that it made sense. :) Would you like me to just PM you with an attached doc?)

Henry caught the exchange between the two and smiled. He had them right where he wanted them. His gloating ended as Jaxson responded. He sneered at Jaxson and stared hard at the side of his face.
"I didn't ask for your opinion, boy! I am ordering you to go after that man and get what I need."
He squinted his eyes at the kid for a moment, then pulled out a security card from his pocket and discreetly handed it to him.
"I don't care what you do, or who you bring. But if you're not back at the office before midnight, you can be sure someone will suffer."
Henry then turned and walked towards a man in a very expensive suit; both men watched as Riley crossed the room to meet Jaxson.
"We'll get what we need. That much, I am sure of."
Henry spoke in a quiet voice to the mysterious man.
-----------------------
Riley's nerves began to grow as she watched Henry chastise Jaxson. She couldn't hear exactly what they were saying, but she could tell by the look on Jaxsons' face that Henry was asking him to do something unthinkable. Once Henry turned and walked away, Riley set the half empty glass of champagne back on a silver tray and quickly walked back over to Jaxson.
She instantly noticed that he was holding something.
"Well? What's the assignment?"
She asked as she watched the commotion die down and the party goers resume mingling and eating.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 10:26 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Ah, I gotcha! :) That will be fun. I see... I must admit I don't know anything about Mad King Ludwig... lol And yeaj, the plot made sense. As for the files, I'm honestly not sure how attachments work in PMs here but if you get it to work that would be just fine. :) Otherwise I could gove you my e-mail, you could just copy and paste it into a PM, or post it on the forum if you didn't mind other people reading it. Either way. I'm not picky.)

Jaxson didn't even respond to Henry as he chastised him. He simply looked ahead at the man he was ordered to take down. He took the security card and nodded as Henry walked off. He looked across the room to see Riley heading his way.

"He wants me to get everything from this guy and be back to the office by midnight," Jaxson answered Riley. "I think I might know a way. Is there somewhere we can speak privately?"

PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 10:44 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Well, it's a good thing, because this is definitely based very loosely off of him. :) I....will try PMing you first, but if I don't succeed, I wouldn't mind email either. And I have to say that I'm a bit nervous....the only people I've shown this story-or, what I've written so far....which isn't much...-are....well....I could probably count it on one hand. Lol Also I'm a bit shy about it because I'm not a very good writer. I try, but...meh. XD )

As Jaxson spoke, Riley could feel Henry staring at her with his cold, cruel eyes. She shuddered inwardly, but kept her eyes and expression calm as she nodded.
"Yes, we could step out on the balcony."
She turned and led Jaxson through the large room until they made it to the balcony doors. Riley let out a breath and opened the door, then stepped outside and walked to the railing, then looked up into Jaxson's eyes.
"Jaxson..."

PostPosted: April 5th, 2017, 5:19 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Lol Well you can't stick tonclose to reality or it squelches the artistic flare. ;) the main character in my book is based VERY loosely off of a historical person too...but it is hard to say who without possibly giving some things away. ;p

It's ok, I can understand that. I used to always be really nervouse about people reading my writing. Still am sometimes depending on who it is. )

Jaxson nodded and followed. Once they were out on the balcony he relaxed just a little. He looked down at Riley and was ablut to explain his plan when she spoke his name. He paused, then reaponded with a simple, "Yes?"

PostPosted: April 5th, 2017, 8:12 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Very true. :) Ooh, now I really want to read your book. Can you give ANY hints?? lol
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels that way. :) )

Riley sighed and searched his eyes for a moment as if committing something to memory for fear that she lost it.
"I just wanted you to know how....grateful I feel to have you as my....friend..."
She blushed, then glanced down at the knot in his tie, and realizing it had gone askew, she took a step towards him and carefully straightened it.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 9:57 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Well.... :/ I really hate to give any hints before you read the book because one of the main things that it might give away is a major event in the end of the book... lol But yes, I love basing things off of historical events, though not all my work is like that for sure. )

Jaxson looked her in the eye and smiled as she expressed herself. He was about to reply, "I..." he paused as she stepped closer and straightened his tie. He took a deep breath and continued. "I'm very grateful, too. I just..." He reached out and took her hands in his, gazing into her eyes. "I'm just sorry we had to meet the way we did. I want you to know, though... if I had to re-live it all just to meet you again... I would. I'm grateful for your friendship and-" he stopped and took another breath as he grew nervous. "And I..." he shook his head. "But I want us to be more than friends. Maybe when all this is... over. Maybe we could... I don't know... be a normal... couple?" he shrugged, glancing back and forth to here and there, but keeping his gaze mostly on Riley's eyes and face.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 10:17 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Alright, alright, you win. I'll just read your book. :) Same here, though.)

Riley felt her heart skip a beat as he took her hands and gazed into her eyes. She was no longer afraid when he was with her, she was just....happy, and, dare she say it? In love.
She couldn't help but grin as he confessed his desire of more than just friendship.
"Yes."
She nodded then took a deep breath as her heart filled with joy.
"Yes, I would like that very much."

PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 10:29 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Lol Well, I'm not trying to force you to read it! :P If you do, though, I'm anxious to see what you think. :D )

Jaxson smiled widely... perhaps too widely he felt. Maybe he looked awkward? He shook his head and cleared his foolish thoughts. It shouldn't matter at this moment, he figured.

"I'm glad," he finally said, thinking that sounded probably just as awkward as his smile looked. "I mean... well, I guess we just need to figure out how to get out of this mess and then we can... do that." He tried to calm himself down. His heart was racing and his head was spinning... but he loved it all. He loved Riley. Finally, with that thought his mind evened out and he said softly. "I love you..."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 31  Next