Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently December 6th, 2019, 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: where do the Elves go??
PostPosted: November 29th, 2005, 11:56 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan
User avatar

Joined: 29 November 2005
Posts: 149

Offline
You guys know that the time of the elves is over so they are leaing middle earth...what exactly happens to them??? I get confused about there leaving...not sure is there another land?? Or do they just drift to sea and thats like their death?

If anyone can help....Thanks Grin


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2005, 4:49 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 04 June 2005
Posts: 12592
Gender: Female

Offline
When the elves leave Middle-earth they sail across the sea to the Undying Lands, Valinor. It is basically equivalent to what we call Heaven or Paradise though I hate to compare Tolkiens world to our. There is no pain or suffering because the Valar (equivalent to gods) live there and and keep the place.
This was the very short explanation. I'm sure others will help me add to it soon and explain it in details!! :angel:

_________________
>>Be the change you wish to see in the world<<
Image

Image
Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2005, 11:25 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 03 June 2005
Posts: 13144
Location: Heaven: Rockin' with Severus Snape
Country: England (en)
Gender: Female

Offline
Exactly what Eä said.

The Elves went over the Sea to Valinor, or the Undying Lands. Mortals were not aloud to go there, but sometimes the Valar made exceptions [i.e. Frodo, Bilbo, etc.]


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2005, 1:13 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan
User avatar

Joined: 29 November 2005
Posts: 149

Offline
Thanks for filling me in..i thought it had something to do with that....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2005, 6:51 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 03 June 2005
Posts: 13144
Location: Heaven: Rockin' with Severus Snape
Country: England (en)
Gender: Female

Offline
You're quite welcome! :)


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2005, 1:53 pm 
Maia
Maia
User avatar

Joined: 03 December 2005
Posts: 5082
Location: UK

Offline
I know that it is very confusing because to use a boat to go there :disgust:

_________________
Avatar by lamiai


Top
 Profile       WWW            
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5th, 2005, 6:50 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf
User avatar

Joined: 04 December 2005
Posts: 981
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere

Offline
They sail across the sea to the undying land of Valinor. I'm not sure if its an actual place or just a unexplained thing.

_________________
Image


<img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/galadhrim378/princeofmirkwood8pu.jpg" alt="">


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5th, 2005, 8:22 pm 
Ent
Ent
User avatar

Joined: 10 August 2005
Posts: 678
Location: Doriath

Offline
It's an actual place. It was in the Silmarillion, and mentioned in the Lord of the Rings.

_________________
And she was named Elwing,which is Star-spray,for she was born on a night of stars,whose light glittered in the spray of the waterfall of Lanthir Lamath beside her father's house.
Image
Banners by Arwen. Thank you so much, Arwen!
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 6th, 2005, 11:46 am 
Maia
Maia
User avatar

Joined: 03 December 2005
Posts: 5082
Location: UK

Offline
Elwing_Star_Spray wrote:
It's an actual place. It was in the Silmarillion, and mentioned in the Lord of the Rings.


It was mentioned slightly in the movie as well.

It's kind of annoying that the elves leave MiddleEarth because it can mess up roleplaying :annoyed:

_________________
Avatar by lamiai


Top
 Profile       WWW            
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2005, 2:18 am 


kinda sounds like the Bermuda triangle, you know how ppl go there and end up getting lost and never found again...but of course Aman is nothing compared to that , Aman is beautiful!


Top
                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2005, 5:06 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 04 June 2005
Posts: 12592
Gender: Female

Offline
Thanks for adding to my explanation everyone! :-D

Galasriniel wrote:
I know that it is very confusing because to use a boat to go there :disgust:
I'm sure you could fly there too.... the thing is that it's across the sea and no matter how you get there you'll have to have your Elven passport ready OR be specially invited immigrants on a Green Card like Frodo, Bilbo and Gimli were to get in. The rest of us would just end up going in circles until we got back to the place in ME from where we started out. Like a reversed Bermuda triangle!!
By the way Valinor used to be attached to ME and everyone could get there in theory but after Morgoth proved to be a pain the Valar removed Valinor from the circles of the world to get rid of him attacking them all the time. :angel:

_________________
>>Be the change you wish to see in the world<<
Image

Image
Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2005, 7:32 pm 
Ent
Ent
User avatar

Joined: 10 August 2005
Posts: 678
Location: Doriath

Offline
Eä wrote:
Thanks for adding to my explanation everyone! :-D

Galasriniel wrote:
I know that it is very confusing because to use a boat to go there :disgust:
I'm sure you could fly there too.... the thing is that it's across the sea and no matter how you get there you'll have to have your Elven passport ready OR be specially invited immigrants on a Green Card like Frodo, Bilbo and Gimli were to get in. The rest of us would just end up going in circles until we got back to the place in ME from where we started out. Like a reversed Bermuda triangle!!
By the way Valinor used to be attached to ME and everyone could get there in theory but after Morgoth proved to be a pain the Valar removed Valinor from the circles of the world to get rid of him attacking them all the time. :angel:


Not to sound stupid, but are you being sarcastic about flying to Valinor? They didn't have anything to fly with in Middle-earth.

Quote:
It's kind of annoying that the elves leave MiddleEarth because it can mess up roleplaying


How?

_________________
And she was named Elwing,which is Star-spray,for she was born on a night of stars,whose light glittered in the spray of the waterfall of Lanthir Lamath beside her father's house.
Image
Banners by Arwen. Thank you so much, Arwen!
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2005, 8:21 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan
User avatar

Joined: 29 November 2005
Posts: 149

Offline
hey, well my stupid question turned out better than i thought...thanks you guys are very knowlidgable.

<cheers>

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2005, 8:41 pm 
Ent
Ent
User avatar

Joined: 10 August 2005
Posts: 678
Location: Doriath

Offline
You're welcome. :)

_________________
And she was named Elwing,which is Star-spray,for she was born on a night of stars,whose light glittered in the spray of the waterfall of Lanthir Lamath beside her father's house.
Image
Banners by Arwen. Thank you so much, Arwen!
Image


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 8th, 2005, 12:10 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 04 June 2005
Posts: 12592
Gender: Female

Offline
Elwing_Star_Spray wrote:

Not to sound stupid, but are you being sarcastic about flying to Valinor? They didn't have anything to fly with in Middle-earth.
Well, actually I might have wanted to be funny in the first place and I was about to edit it, but then when I read it over, I thought about Eagles... just very randomly... Or the way Elwing was carried by the birds... or was she granted the bird form from the Valar... don't quite remember. But the story is beautiful! Anyway, my point (how lame it might have been put) was that no one enters the Undying Lands without the permission from the Valar.. sorry...
*goes to hide in a corner in shame*

_________________
>>Be the change you wish to see in the world<<
Image

Image
Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara


Top
 Profile                  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2005, 9:50 am 


They leave 2 the Undying Lands, that is their origianl home ofcorse, right?

Ah that's fine my Elf friend, Ea :)


Top
                  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Boyz theme by Zarron Media 2003